Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

2 minutes ago, WhitehotOcean said:

guys but do we know something about 2nd interlude? i think we just know that it’s something with jon batiste

Yeah, we don't know much about the second interlude, but BoZ did say that the instrumentals on both interludes are interesting enough that he wanted them to be regular Lana songs

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

4 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Yeah, we don't know much about the second interlude, but BoZ did say that the instrumentals on both interludes are interesting enough that he wanted them to be regular Lana songs

oh ye, that’s good 

2 hours ago, imapartygirl said:

You know what I miss from Lana? The ambience:crai: The car revving through Honeymoon (the song) is one of my favorite parts of the song because it just adds so much to it. i hope we get some moments like that on the album.

i get what you mean, but i have to slightly disagree. this song's like an entire film, the violins and their melisma echoing a sea voyage, waves even, the echo in the vocals, the steady march of the beat. the trickling of the piano like cold water drops, the dismay you can hear in her voice, the "over it" ache, but still w gentle hesitation in it, the lifting power of surrender amplified by the background vocals. the parallelisms between the themes of death, sex, transformation, holding on and letting go, the slight angelic vocal run reminiscent of a mariah carey vocal (an artist's songwriting and ability forgotten by public perception). personally, it's a perfect song to recollect of mature fun by the beach. 

it's a breezy track that juxtaposes its subject matter real well. like a sea net billowing that feels all soft til it envelops you. a diff vibe from her other stuff, but it's still an experience, amplifies an experience. 

UV/Honeymoon

2 hours ago, Big Star said:

if boz said this album is more about movement and memories do we think she's gonna mention italy in some way :oic2:

…She is an Italian Gelateria…

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

26 minutes ago, Thoth said:

and who’s editing wikipedia:

15. "His Big Eiffel Tower and My Pleasure"

16. "Oui Oui"

her emily in paris era

27 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i made that one up too

the way at this point you own more songs in your catalogue than lana herself

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

1 minute ago, Big Star said:

if boz said this album is more about movement and memories do we think she's gonna mention italy in some way :oic2:

Or Spain, since Lana spent a summer in Spain when she was 15 years old. She could not return home because of problems with her mother.

DaringAdventurousKob-max-1mb.gif

Just now, Fever said:

i get what you mean, but i have to slightly disagree. this song's like an entire film, the violins and their melisma echoing a sea voyage, waves even, the echo in the vocals, the steady march of the beat. the trickling of the piano like cold water drops, the dismay you can hear in her voice, the "over it" ache, but still w gentle hesitation in it, the lifting power of surrender amplified by the background vocals. the parallelisms between the themes of death, sex, transformation, holding on and letting go, the slight angelic vocal run reminiscent of a mariah carey vocal (an artist's songwriting and ability forgotten by public perception). personally, it's a perfect song to recollect of mature fun by the beach. 

it's a breezy track that juxtaposes its subject matter real well. like a sea net billowing that feels all soft til it envelops you. a diff vibe from her other stuff, but it's still an experience, amplifies an experience. 

I actually think tunnel is going in the right direction for more ambience, the breath at the beginning really sets the mood and the production really feels like i'm on a cold, windy, beach, and i'm very much hoping for more of that on the album.

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

1 minute ago, kraljicabenzinske said:

the way at this point you own more songs in your catalogue than lana herself

actually now that i think about it, i think @Thoth made it actually (when they were making a @the ocean style tracklist)

tbh that was a really good one i still forget that i didn't make it sometimes :xgiggle:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

1 minute ago, Big Star said:

Idk, but honestly him saying that made this album even more interesting to me. Neil described the album art as him and Lana searching for moments where "time stopped." I wonder how the album photoshoot complicates or heightens the lyrical content of traveling/movement across the record.

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

POV the clock just struck midnight on March 10th and you open your apple music app

coneshapedheadlanaalbum.jpg

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Just now, imapartygirl said:

I actually think tunnel is going in the right direction for more ambience, the breath at the beginning really sets the mood and the production really feels like i'm on a cold, windy, beach, and i'm very much hoping for more of that on the album.

i've had this instinctual theory that this song'll be a great introductory piece, not cus its just the intro single, but bc it's got such a variety of topics that she sings about, and that it's probably a good indicator of which themes/ topics she'll continue to sing about on the album. maybe it'll be the intro, and also sort of post-credit track that wraps everything up together. 

UV/Honeymoon

3 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I swear this is the most crazed we’ve been about a tracklist…can’t remember another era that was like this. 

Imagine if the first 4 song titles weren’t on that mockup and the only actually confirmed titles we had were the title track, fingertips and candy necklace 

there would be riots :bebe: 

3 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I swear this is the most crazed we’ve been about a tracklist…can’t remember another era that was like this. 

Yeah, I've been a browser of this forum since 2015, this is the craziest it's ever been by far. Norman was probably just as crazy, but for different reasons and that pre-release era wasn't fun like this one is.

Just now, littleredpartydress said:

Imagine if the first 4 song titles weren’t on that mockup and the only actually confirmed titles we had were the title track, fingertips and candy necklace 

there would be riots :bebe: 

imagine if the tracklist was released and "american whore" was nowhere to be found

riots in the streets, people dying left & right, global chaos

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif