Rust Dress

Say Yes to Heaven Discourse Thread

6 hours ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

I quite like YTH, and think it would fit as her last release, a retirement single, if you will. There is also the option of it being a posthumous release, in which her will has a mention of YTH being her last officially authorized release, for it to be her send-off :crai:- just my opinion though

omfg your mind :crai:

1 hour ago, VioletBunny said:

I’m sorry but Fine China is forever tarnished by the uninspired, unimaginative and slightly cringeworthy lyric “the rain was fire, but we were wooden”..

what does that lyric even mean 

if the rain was fire and they were wooden that would mean that they would burn but the lyric says "but" we were wooden, inferring that wood does not burn ? i don't get it

4 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

if the rain was fire and they were wooden that would mean that they would burn but the lyric says "but" we were wooden, inferring that wood does not burn ? i don't get it

shes saying they couldnt outlast the fire or control the fact that they were going to burn. it sounds to me like she was expecting them to be made up of something that could outlast the fire but instead they turned out to be wooden

2 hours ago, 111 said:

lpissing contest over who leaks more or who has what is so 2016 but i don't think yall were around back then...

no bc 2016-2017 rly was a sick and twisted era - if ppl found out what my discord name was in 2016 i'd be ambushed 

2 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

shes saying they couldnt outlast the fire or control the fact that they were going to burn. it sounds to me like she was expecting them to be made up of something that could outlast the fire but instead they turned out to be wooden

I think wooden also means they were without emotion

1 hour ago, VioletBunny said:

it’s the worst lyric she’s ever come up with and I genuinely believe that.. I just can’t get over how uncreative it is. I get that it’s a metaphor but it reminds me of something I’d have written in year 9 English.. 

Green is the color of the sea in the early month of mid july :whatever2:

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

33 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

I think the but just means they thought they weren’t wooden or whatever.. my issue is “we were wooden” cause that’s just.. what? I totally understand the metaphor but I just think there’s a billion better ways to put it across than “but we were wooden” .. just feels so lazy to me. 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

36 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

no bc 2016-2017 rly was a sick and twisted era - if ppl found out what my discord name was in 2016 i'd be ambushed 

what’s your discord name now :hooker:

On 12/27/2022 at 4:55 PM, VioletBunny said:

I’m sorry but Fine China is forever tarnished by the uninspired, unimaginative and slightly cringeworthy lyric “the rain was fire, but we were wooden”..

Wait WHAT?! This is one of my fav lyrcis in the song it’s so beautiful 

On 12/27/2022 at 6:35 PM, VioletBunny said:

I think the but just means they thought they weren’t wooden or whatever.. my issue is “we were wooden” cause that’s just.. what? I totally understand the metaphor but I just think there’s a billion better ways to put it across than “but we were wooden” .. just feels so lazy to me. 

It literally makes perfect sense… the rain was fire, and her & her man were wooden, aka they didn’t survive the various hardships of life. Good grief I’m so surprised people slandering fine china 

The lyric ‘The rain was fire but we were wooden’ has always confused me too, but I wouldn’t say it’s one of her worst, it’s just not one of her best either.

I feel like the metaphor itself has potential to be really beautiful. If they were wooden, and their relationship faced rain they would still be strong and make it through - or at least last longer than they did. However, their hardships were not rain, they were fire. Therefore, their strength was hit by the one thing they could not withstand.

Again, the metaphor had potential but it should have been explored more in depth in a separate song and not used as a singular line in this. 

But I digress, as this is not the Fine China discourse thread. Back to the bitch that had a lot to say about me in the press the other day SYTH what’s good 

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

42 minutes ago, lanabanana11 said:

It literally makes perfect sense… the rain was fire, and her & her man were wooden, aka they didn’t survive the various hardships of life. Good grief I’m so surprised people slandering fine china 

It makes perfect sense ya, it’s just very simple and it’s like saying idk “the rain was salt but we were slugs” cause it’s like yeah.. if the rain was fire and you were wooden, that’s not a good match. but also it’s like.. you’re changing the attributes of two things to create a metaphor? It doesn’t feel right. 

“the rain was pouring but we were fire” would’ve been fine because.. rain puts out fire, Lana uses fire to represent passion in relationships, the relationship didn’t last even though it was strong. That makes sense as a metaphor bc you’re not changing water and fire as a metaphor for the relationship makes sense. 

I think wooden is used to represent the lack of passion, perhaps. But then she has to change rain into fire for it to work which doesn’t fit in my opinion. 

does anyone get what I’m saying?😭