jadee

Opinions on a possible 2023 tour/setlist?

Just now, LanaBalkana said:

She has so many hits, she can just pick and choose a few, different every time. She can do btd, summertime sadness and blue jeans, one night. Then she can swap btd for young and beautiful, then blue jeans for lust for life (and actually sing on it) etc etc

but let’s be real, there won’t be a tour in the first place :toofloppy:

Yeah, and if there is a tour it will be at random bars in the midwest :trisha:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Keeping it as realistic as possible, I wouldn't be mad if she toured and the setlist was like... :eartha2:

01. White Dress

02. Arcadia

03. Mariners Apartment Complex (Shortened)

04. American Whore (Shortened)

05. Cherry 

06. Cinnamon Girl (Shortened)

07. West Coast

08. Candy Necklace 

09. Born To Die / Blue Jeans / Video Games

10. Ride (Shortened)

11. High by the Beach

12. Let Me Love You Like a Woman

13. Thunder

14. Fishtail

15. Doin' Time

16. Summertime Sadness (Shortened)

17. There's a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd 

18. Taco Truck x VB

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

2 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

Keeping it as realistic as possible, I wouldn't be mad if she toured and the setlist was like... :eartha2:

01. White Dress

02. Arcadia

05. Cherry 

07. West Coast

08. Candy Necklace 

10. Ride (Shortened)

11. High by the Beach

13. Thunder

14. Fishtail

15. Doin' Time

18. Taco Truck x VB

Honestly, I came. 

:illumilana2:

3 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

01. White Dress

02. Arcadia

05. Cherry 

07. West Coast

08. Candy Necklace 

10. Ride (Shortened)

11. High by the Beach

13. Thunder

14. Fishtail

15. Doin' Time

18. Taco Truck x VB

Dream setlist, the flower crown crew would light the stage on fire however. For everyone's safety, maybe not the best idea

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

3 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

01. White Dress

02. Arcadia

05. Cherry 

07. West Coast

08. Candy Necklace 

10. Ride (Shortened)

11. High by the Beach

13. Thunder

14. Fishtail

15. Doin' Time

18. Taco Truck x VB

-High by the Beach

+Chemtrails tt 

51 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

but let’s be real, there won’t be a tour in the first place :toofloppy:

... i just heard some news that some people that works at universal music brazil said shes coming to mita festival (rio de janeiro) in may… not quite sure if its true but 🤷‍♀️

I would love a tour especially if she did several songs off the new album. When I saw her in 2019, she did NFR, Bartender, MAC, VB and maybe one other song off the new album. The others were from all the other albums plus she did Chelsea Hotel No. 2 with Leonard Cohen’s son and TNC with Sean Lennon. I was in heaven. 

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

100000% agreed on Lana needing a fresh setlist, it's getting silly now :thumb2:

we probably won't even get a tour to be fair, but i have been thinking about this quite a lot recently. apologies for the forthcoming ramble but i'm super into live music so i have quite a few thoughts on this (i'll put it under a spoiler so that i'm not being super annoying) -

Spoiler

i do believe that Born To Die, Blue Jeans, Video Games and Summertime Sadness will always stick around and tbh they always should. they're absolute classics and to be fair they sound spectacular live, plus those who aren't hardcore Lana fans will at least know and enjoy those songs. Ride is another classic, but i do think it could potentially be dropped in favour of any other song with a similar sound - maybe even Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd? while they obviously sound different, i do think Ocean Blvd could fill a Ride-shaped setlist hole quite well!

in terms of tracks from the new record we obviously haven't heard much so it's hard to tell what kind of a setlist they could form and if/how all or most of the songs could fit in or how they'd sound performed live, but with insiders confirming that there is some variety and experimentation on the album it makes me hopeful we could get a really fun setlist out of them! any songs with trap beats could fit right in next to a song like Tulsa Jesus Freak, perhaps even Summer Bummer if we want some out-of-left-field upbeat throwbacks? :gasp:

i also think the interludes on the album could serve as an interesting way for lana to take a breather midway through her show and rest her voice for a few minutes before carrying on, since we know she can get a little tired sometimes. that being said i'm not sure her core audience would necessarily want to listen to a sermon at her show :toofunny: still, we don't know how they sound so maybe they would serve as nice little interludes, especially if she trimmed them down a bit so they don't take up time that could be given to an actual song instead!

in terms of older records, it would be really nice to see COCC and BB be present in some way. i remember @PatentLeatherDoOver once mentioning how cool it would sound if she performed Chemtrails title track with the outro drums then going straight into the intro drums of West Coast and omggggg the thought is heavenly :trisha: likeeee that would be PERFECT!

speaking of West Coast - it's such a fan fave and one of her more upbeat songs that sounds AMAZING live so i really do think it should be present at every show, another setlist staple. in my opinion we don't necessarily need the Ultraviolence title track on a setlist today - it's iconic, we love it, but there are so many mid-tempo ballads in lana's repertoire that i don't believe it would add much to one of her current shows.

i guess any of the more recent ballads/piano tracks would be very easy to slot into an Ocean Blvd setlist. LMLYLAW and Arcadia are two very real possibilities, as well as Cherry Blossom. personally i'd love for her to bring the back up singers on tour at some point - LMLYLAW sounded so much fuller with their addition! she could also perform Thunder with them! plus it could stop her using backing track as much, given there are often so many layered vocals and harmonies in lana's music.

also i'd love to hear Black Bathing Suit live, but i just can't imagine it'll ever happen :( i do think it'd be spectacular though.

i feel the key for any live setlist is kinda considering the entirety of the audience. don't get me wrong, i think artists should prioritise their dedicated fans first and foremost, and me personally i could sit and listen to lana croon the saddest, slowest, deepest cuts of her whole discography into a microphone acapella for ten hours straight - but the best setlists have variation, different tempos, peaks and valleys, old songs and new, deep cuts and singalong hits. balance baby!

i guess in my opinion a really cool and semi-realistic Ocean Blvd tour setlist - without actually knowing what any of the tracks sound like so just kinda using placeholders LOL - would look like this:

1. Ocean Blvd track #1

2. Ocean Blvd track #2

3. Born To Die

4. Blue Jeans

5. Ocean Blvd track #3

6. Thunder

7. Let Me Love You Like A Woman

8. Chemtrails Over The Country Club

9. West Coast

10. Lust For Life/ Love / Get Free medley

-Interlude-

11. Ocean Blvd track #4

12. Ocean Blvd track #5

13. Video Games

14. Cherry Blossom

15. Interchangeable ballad - maybe something from Ocean Blvd, maybe Old Money, perhaps Arcadia?

16. Mariner's Apartment Complex

17. American Whore

18. Summertime Sadness

19. Did You Know That There's A Tunnel Under Ocean Boulevard?

20. Taco Truck x VB

21. Venice Bitch

obviously this is a really long setlist for Lana so it's unrealistic in that sense but idk, just throwing a rough idea out there :candy:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

on concert topic:

Spoiler

I think her concerts got worse with time. I used to watch so many concerts on yt during her paradise tour and it was beautiful :flutter: but in time as she released UV I was fed up with her BTD setlist. I really really loved Endless Summer Tour because there was a perfect balance between UV BTD and iconic unreleased songs. I had the opportunity to see her for the first time in 2016 in Poland (where she was randomly blond for like 2 days) and I was amazed how good her voice sounds like in real life - so sweet and delicate wow. But then the next time I saw her was in 2017 and hate to say that but didn't enjoy it that much. Maybe it's laziness idk but the samples being louder than her are annoying and I feel like she's not into concerts herself like she used to in BTD era. Also I assume that if artist is set on the big festival etc they have to perform the most popular song but she did it on purpose during her own tour too so idk 💀

She seems to feel more comfortable singing randomly with Nikki now

I would love her to sing Buddy's Randezvous, Tunel or the triple BB's singles live :icant:

13 minutes ago, bluedealer said:

on concert topic:

Hide contents

I think her concerts got worse with time. I used to watch so many concerts on yt during her paradise tour and it was beautiful :flutter: but in time as she released UV I was fed up with her BTD setlist. I really really loved Endless Summer Tour because there was a perfect balance between UV BTD and iconic unreleased songs. I had the opportunity to see her for the first time in 2016 in Poland (where she was randomly blond for like 2 days) and I was amazed how good her voice sounds like in real life - so sweet and delicate wow. But then the next time I saw her was in 2017 and hate to say that but didn't enjoy it that much. Maybe it's laziness idk but the samples being louder than her are annoying and I feel like she's not into concerts herself like she used to in BTD era. Also I assume that if artist is set on the big festival etc they have to perform the most popular song but she did it on purpose during her own tour too so idk 💀

I would love her to sing Buddy's Randezvous, Tunel or the triple BB's singles live :icant:

This is my honest opinion on her tours:

Born to Die -- Obviously unexperienced but still iconic. Not bad for a new act. I believe her band sounded better than ever during this time.

Paradise - Beautiful stage, dresses, makeup, hair, etc. Everything was on point. She served some really good vocals. She seemed happy with her career so it was great for everyone.

Endless Summer - Great vocals mostly, cool af stage. Setlist was good. She seemed shy though, not as confident as in Paradise.

Honeymoon - Whew, some incredible looks during this tour. Don't remember much of the vocals, but I believe she sounded beautiful. The setlist was so disappointing, we were over the BTD tracks already. Can't believe she played 3-4 (max) HM songs :rip:

LA to the Moon - I think this tour was incredibly underrated. I know, she relied a lot on backing vocals (which were terrible btw, just the song's studio vocals played loud af), but when she sang she did it nicely. I believe she was smoking a lot during this time. She looked happy, beautiful, hot and very connected with her fans. The setlist was cool tbh. We're tired of  the medleys and all but they were brand new back then. Lots of surprises -- Pretty When You Cry, no more Cola/Body Electric, lots of LFL songs, West Coast, the medley, shortened versions of  her hits... plus the stage served Main Pop Girl tour.

Norman F Rockwell Tour - well... this is the only tour I think was a mess and a half. She barely sang (can't believe she didn't sing the "you make me bluueEEE" part from NFR not even once, and let the backing vocal do its thing... so embarrasing). The setlist was boring (Bartender and For Free as songs 2 and 3? :rip:), barely did any NFR song (and some live renditions were poorly done), plus her attitude was kinda weird. I gotta admit tho that the Hollywood Bowl show was one of her  best-ever. She actually offered a great show that night (I mean, Wicked Game alone...). She also relied a lot on the dancers. Her band sounded mediocre and it was obvious that she barely rehearsed with them. Also it makes me mad that she did this kind of tour for her most acclaimed album / during her career re-peak.

4 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

This is my honest opinion on her tours:

Born to Die -- Obviously unexperienced but still iconic. Not bad for a new act. I believe her band sounded better than ever during this time.

Paradise - Beautiful stage, dresses, makeup, hair, etc. Everything was on point. She served some really good vocals. She seemed happy with her career so it was great for everyone.

Endless Summer - Great vocals mostly, cool af stage. Setlist was good. She seemed shy though, not as confident as in Paradise.

Honeymoon - Whew, some incredible looks during this tour. Don't remember much of the vocals, but I believe she sounded beautiful. The setlist was so disappointing, we were over the BTD tracks already. Can't believe she played 3-4 (max) HM songs :rip:

LA to the Moon - I think this tour was incredibly underrated. I know, she relied a lot on backing vocals (which were terrible btw, just the song's studio vocals played loud af), but when she sang she did it nicely. I believe she was smoking a lot during this time. She looked happy, beautiful, hot and very connected with her fans. The setlist was cool tbh. We're tired of  the medleys and all but they were brand new back then. Lots of surprises -- Pretty When You Cry, no more Cola/Body Electric, lots of LFL songs, West Coast, the medley, shortened versions of  her hits... plus the stage served Main Pop Girl tour.

Norman F Rockwell Tour - well... this is the only tour I think was a mess and a half. She barely sang (can't believe she didn't sing the "you make me bluueEEE" part from NFR not even once, and let the backing vocal do its thing... so embarrasing). The setlist was boring (Bartender and For Free as songs 2 and 3? :rip:), barely did any NFR song (and some live renditions were poorly done), plus her attitude was kinda weird. I gotta admit tho that the Hollywood Bowl show was one of her  best-ever. She actually offered a great show that night (I mean, Wicked Game alone...). She also relied a lot on the dancers. Her band sounded mediocre and it was obvious that she barely rehearsed with them. Also it makes me mad that she did this kind of tour for her most acclaimed album / during her career re-peak.

What a beautiful and nuanced critic of her tours! I agree almost 💯 with what you said!

in the category « I wish I could have been there », her Hollywood Bowl performance is the one I wish I had been able to see in my life. Probably my fave from her ever. 

Seeing LATTM opening night was so fun to me, definitely a highlight as a fan for sure. My friend and I drove to the venue playing Ultraviolence + Serial Killer because we thought there was no way we'd get any of those songs but then! We became friends in high school because of Lana so that was a cute moment to have. 

Also NFR tour Chicago was another personal highlight despite the setlist sucking ass. Lucy Dacus and Best Coast are two of my favorite artists and Lana sang two of my favorite songs by them respectively, one that's been a favorite since I was like 10. Cute moments all around at LDR shows for me. 

8V7Yvel.png

3 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

What a beautiful and nuanced critic of her tours! I agree almost 💯 with what you said!

in the category « I wish I could have been there », her Hollywood Bowl performance is the one I wish I had been able to see in my life. Probably my fave from her ever. 

Oh my god yes! Wish she professionally recorded her shows... that one would've been epic to see in HD.

If you haven't seen it already, I think this is also one of her best ever:

2 hours ago, bluedealer said:

on concert topic:

Reveal hidden contents

My unpopular opinion is that Lana is not a born-performer, she's a studio artist. I've seen her live four times once a year from 2014-2017, and I think her setlist was the best in 2014 because she didn't have yet a huge released discography then, she sounded the best in 2015 (her peak, vocally speaking), and she seemed the most comfortable on stage in 2016. As for 2017, it was only for one song, but she sounded amazing.

I haven't seen her for the past two tours, but I think both tours were underwhelming and messy, especially the NFR tour--it was the most random, unprepared, underwhelming tour of all. 

I love her, but she barely gives vocals live anymore, except for those rare moment. I actually think she enjoys the tour life, but doesn't really enjoy touring/live performance in itself.

I want her to tour again, but only if she really feels like giving it all. 

25 minutes ago, bluedealer said:

on concert topic:

Hide contents

if the second time was at KLF in Poland i feel like it was kinda weird - she looked beautiful as always but the makeup was kinda weird? and the fact she didnt sing love- :rip:

archiving any ldr-related stuff I can find (like, literally)

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

163c956c5fc19ea25e79f89d6eec3b83.gif

14 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

Oh my god yes! Wish she professionally recorded her shows... that one would've been epic to see in HD.

If you haven't seen it already, I think this is also one of her best ever:

i just skimmed thru & not her Scarsborough Fair Samson and Garbdunkel era... Barley,yage,romantic, and thyme :twirls:

that Cherry performance after was so sexy though:true:

leaked tunnel tour setlist omg :xgiggle:

1. the grants

2. a&w

3. music to watch boys to

4. text book/fuck it i love you

5. tomorrow never came

6. the greatest

7. wildflower wildfire

8. living legend

9. cruel world/body electric

10. ultraviolence

11. pretty when you cry

12. god knows i tried

13. this is what makes us girls/radio

14. kintsugi

15. blue banisters

16. tunnel under ocean blvd

17. fishtail

18. taco truck x vb/venice bitch

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

15 minutes ago, West Coast said:

the NFR tour--it was the most random, unprepared, underwhelming tour of all. 

This is exactly how I'd describe it. To me, the worst part of that tour was when fans suggested a song and she did a minute-long acapella version. Her band should at least know the chords to every song of hers.

You can definitely tell that Lana gets anxiety while performing. Throughout the show she usually gets more comfortable. Earlier in her career compare to now, you can see a difference in her confidence on stage. I feel like she’s also not a big performing girl. She prefers smaller audiences like back in the Lizzy days. I think that’s one reason she enjoys performing with Nikki. Anyways, hoping we get a tour as long as she feels up to it :flutter:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°