The Grants

Biggest “red flag” for a Lana stan to have?

11 minutes ago, Pnin said:

I have an idea, why don’t y’all QFTC defenders make a thread where you discuss how you’d be trump ass eaters if it weren’t that you loved a d in the b so much :true:

one degree away :sass:

why don't we let the qftc topic die like mannn it's been 2 years and some of u still haven't gotten over it?

archiving any ldr-related stuff I can find (like, literally)

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

163c956c5fc19ea25e79f89d6eec3b83.gif

Bringing up QFTC is honestly a Lana fan red flag alone and some of you are waving it proudly in here :brows3:

At this point, it feels like beating a dead horse, but:

Spoiler

While the name dropping was absolutely tasteless and definitely derailed the debate, it never was about race but only about the misogyny she faced when she got in the spotlight. That post was mainly pointing at the media and all those so-called critics. I don't think it was even aimed at regular people.

I'm not familiar with what the media say about Doja Cat or Cardi B, and I'm sure they faced much worse socially as WOC, but you can't deny it was a big trend hating on Lana for her appearance or her artistry in 2012. And very serious media participated in, even fueled that trend. It was even different than 2000s tabloids chasing celebrities in the streets. That girl walked into rooms thinking she would get interviewed like any other singer, just to get verbally abused and shit on by journalists! It's the equivalent of a professional environment. So, imagine your boss calling you in his office to evaluate your work and starting to talk about your relationship with your dad instead? How messed-up would it be? :usrsney:

Like, how many articles subtly (sometimes openly) made fun of her lips while reviewing her album? Her lyrics? Her sex life? Her mental health? Her relationship to men? Her private life in general? Just to acclaim 2020s female artists for exploring the very same themes (+ let's not forget how normalized plastic surgery is nowadays, like, 2012 Lana would look normal with the filler trend and I'm pretty sure no one would bat an eye at her lips if Born to Die was released this year). I honestly don't remember seeing a newcomer being welcomed with such nasty and personal comments - again, by professionals, not netizens. The interviewers were absolutely awful. It was pure misogyny on their part, and she had every right to call out their hypocrisy.

It would've been definitely classier to be delighted the new generation doesn't have to face the same harassment (while still calling out her detractors). But now, imagine being dragged through the mud ten years ago for showing your heart to the world, and ultimately seeing other artists do the same years later and being praised for it? I get her anger and frustration (even if it was so fucking poorly worded, because it was, let's not pretend it wasn't offensive :toofunny:).

People who misinterpret QFTC not only lack reading comprehension but empathy, and/or want to turn the debate where they shouldn't be one, which is almost as tasteless as the way Lana told her truth. Do not weaponize the words of a woman to fight another battle. Misogyny should be fought as much as racism.

Why not fighting the ugly white men instead of tearing each other apart? :icant:

1 hour ago, honeybadger said:

idk but i definitely side eye anyone who uses these photos 😭

456a8b34fc0513ac43b7355bb5caa98b.jpg 0981797e4c9ee1b852d0b5401cb1cba4.jpg 8355ecc1838f0a36cc68f265fdd3020f.jpg 789851dbe46ed1dd9cc7a74a22e1fe06.jpg

fr!! + the one of "her" sitting in a field (i can't seem to find it :defeated:), and i'm sorry but i cannot stand the first picture for some reason, it just irks me so much :toofunny:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

Just now, honeymo0n said:

i'm sorry but i cannot stand the first picture for some reason, it just irks me so much :toofunny:

i hate the fact that they edited her face onto someone who was drinking alcohol :toofunny: all of the face swaps are creepy but that one is especially awful

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

5 minutes ago, ImenaOphelia said:

watch this thread being locked in a few hours because of the qftc drama part 19246710940937580

Those four letters should just be banned at this point :oprah3: I, too, can't believe it's been two years and people are still talking about it. Her impact.

Edit: I also want to say it's frankly annoying so many fun threads end up locked because of some attention-seeking killjoys. Y'all really can't help yourselves ruining the mood, huh?

people who push their way through during her concerts :oprah2: I’ve been to MANY concerts/festivals and Lana’s GA has been one of the worst GA’s I’ve been too, right next to Rosalia. I’ve been pushed and almost fell because I wasn’t moving for people who wanted to go ahead of us liek…we actually waited in line for this spot, try some other area please, I’m not budging!! They put people in danger because of that 

sgopYhV.gif

Some of the faceswaps I've seen are actually kinda cute though, 

D4nZ30B.jpg

uz39fqJ.jpg

ZvwdRvx.jpg

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

29 minutes ago, honeymo0n said:

i cannot stand the first picture for some reason, it just irks me so much :toofunny:

same :oprah2: but for me its mostly because of how its OBVIOUSLY not her and ppl still think its real :rip:

─── ・ 。: *.☽ .* :。 ───

9.gif

You're the king mafia baby
I am the Queen of Alchemy

47 minutes ago, Wait For Life said:

Struck a nerve here huh :lanahairflip:

Babe that's just how it works when u speak facts

And now suddenly we're being called trump supporters and racist :bebe:

Like make it make sense

Also if Defending QFTC means we're racist

Then bashing QFTC just means you hate it when a woman is sad/angry about being mistreated and the hell she went through during her career

You think she should simply shut the fuck up and get what she gets and move on and stop whining

We all know white people are much more privileged than black people or any other race

But does that mean lana should shut the fuck up and stop whining about what she went through as a woman cuz she's already white and already much more privileged than black people?

You wanna say that's not how u feel and we're being judgmental?

(A lot of "stans" actually feel that way about Lana tho)

Ok correct we're being judgmental about u so u should also stop being judgmental and stop constanly calling us racist and a defender of white fragility simply cuz we defend QFTC

cause we're clearly not racist and we're clearly not defending white fragility

Wake the fuck up and think with your brain

Leak How to disappear (Piano Version)

2 minutes ago, ruined said:

Like make it make sense

Then bashing QFTC just means you hate it when a woman is sad/angry about being mistreated and the hell she went through during her career

You think she should simply shut the fuck up and get what she gets and move on and stop whining

We all know white people are much more privileged than black people or any other race

But does that mean lana should shut the fuck up and stop whining about what she went through as a woman cuz she's already white and already much more privileged than black people?

Ok correct we're being judgmental about u so u should also stop being judgmental and stop constanly calling us racist and a defender of white fragility simply cuz we defend QFTC

oh bb im scared for the response ur ab to get

3 minutes ago, ruined said:

Like make it make sense

listen i’m sorry but please stop, take a deep breath, and walk away from the screen