Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, yayoop said:

Lana would release a Trump diss track in 2021

I always had hope that COCC was about Trump and his crew. About how the far right uses conspiracy theories to get more political power. Something like Pinks „Dear Mr. President“. But well, jewels in the swimming pool are ok too :krylie:

Just now, COCC said:

I always had hope that COCC was about Trump and his crew. About how the far right uses conspiracy theories to get more political power. But well, jewels in the swimming pool are ok too :krylie:

:blush:

I actually cackled, jewels in the swimming pool is too much

One of the things I'll say about Lana is that she definitely doesn't go as hard as she says she will, like even the title "Chemtrails over the country club" alludes to her talking about conspiracy theories and culty cliques, but instead we got an introspective of her running across the mid-west (she probably feels like her insta girl squad is a consciously delusional cult)

We all joke about her LFL Coachella song being cringe but that's probably the most "political" song we'll ever get from her :suicide: 

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

6 minutes ago, yayoop said:

We all joke about her LFL Coachella song being cringe but that's probably the most "political" song we'll ever get from her :suicide:

Please Looking for America is right there :air:

2 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I really don't want more political songs from Lana. She shines in dreamy subjects and creating beautiful pictures through her lyrics. The greatest was done right but some songs on LFL were not it :gasp:

imo the political songs on LFL were done well for a first attempt - When The World Was At The War is really great criticism

2 minutes ago, COCC said:

Please Looking for America is right there :air:

omg i'm disgusted that i forgot about that song, i'll show myself out :runs:

3 minutes ago, be sweet said:

imo the political songs on LFL were done well for a first attempt - When The World Was At The War is really great criticism

I think we need to make a thread about lana's political songs because I have totally forgotten most of them :eek3:

And i agree with you about WTWWAW, that was a strong one

Just now, daddyauerbach said:

textbook 

Hmmm, i guess it is kind of political with the BLM part but I would say it's more autobiographical, idk now it makes me think what constitutes a political song? Referencing current political/social events or actually exploring the concepts on a greater scale? Like LookingForAmerica is political cause it's about America and gun violence whereas TB seems more biographical with a reference to a political/cultural movement that was happening at the time..?

Now I feel more inclined to make a political thread to figure this out

24 minutes ago, daddyauerbach said:

textbook 

18 minutes ago, yayoop said:

Hmmm, i guess it is kind of political with the BLM part but I would say it's more autobiographical, idk now it makes me think what constitutes a political song? Referencing current political/social events or actually exploring the concepts on a greater scale? Like LookingForAmerica is political cause it's about America and gun violence whereas TB seems more biographical with a reference to a political/cultural movement that was happening at the time..?

Now I feel more inclined to make a political thread to figure this out

that was a lil jokey joke but im glad im creating new avenues for discussion

West-Coast-GIF-lana-del-rey-37051506-500

Just now, daddyauerbach said:

that was a lil jokey joke but im glad im creating new avenues for discussion

I made a thread and I'm gonna edit it and dedicate it to you :kiss:

My boyfriend proposed to me yesterday while LMLYLAW was playing. We were hugging and crying during the bridge, it was super sweet :defeated:

AND Lana announced a couple hours after that yesterday. Perfect day for me.

Just now, Obduration said:

My boyfriend proposed to me yesterday while LMLYLAW was playing. We were hugging and crying during the bridge, it was super sweet :defeated:

holy shit, congrats!!! that is so so beautiful :trisha:

mUENGN9.png

20 minutes ago, Obduration said:

Congratulations:kiss:

40 minutes ago, Obduration said:

Idk if u originally put this in the random thread where posts get moved to but u deserve ur moment sis, this is huge. Congrats!! :beyonce: :mariah: