Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

6 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

Curiously, I think this was one of her best videos and it fits the song so well... I like the reminiscence, the idea with the skaters (masked, in keeping with the Corona era) and the fact that she was just in the background (I still think the blurry skating woman was someone else but represented a younger version of her). Planned plainness maybe, but by no means unprofessional.

It’s always a bit tricky with her latest MV. Most of the time, not much is happening (not that it should)… sometimes, it works perfectly : Love, The greatest + FIILY, BB, hope. Sometimes, it works partially : White Mustang (it should have been kept for TNBAR), LFL, triple NFR MV, Arcadia. And there are the masterpieces : COCC and DT (both have strong stories though). 
and the duds : MAC and VB (which is a shame because they both are among the best songs she ever did).

there is also LMlYLAW that I consider a trailer rather than a proper MV :true:

1 hour ago, ShadesOfViolence said:

Speaking of music videos, I'll never get over the unprofessionalism and the plainness of the White Dress MV which is a disrespect to the song imo:scoff:

White Dress is one of Lana's most gorgeous videos. It is pure art, period. It is a delicate and stripped back song. Having some huge production music video would defeat the purpose, she's literally singing about her life before she had wealth and fame and a big production budget. The video is meditative and nostalgic just like the song is. 

COCC MV on the other hand is corny. I love the song, but the video is just too camp. It's not a goofy pop song, so I don't know why they gave it a goofy video. Just the way they did the costuming, props, set design, cheap looking Instagram filters and cheesy special effects and editing. It all just feels very staged and childish. It just feels very 2010 pop music video, like Lana's attempt at a Katy Perry video. It's like they were going for a big production but on a tight budget, it didn't work out.

I do want one or more videos this era, but its not really essential to me. I like the videos she did in NFR era like FIILY, The Greatest and Doin Time. These videos have nice cinematography and look expensive but without being over the top. They just have a nice polished look that fit the moods of their songs. I would also be fine with some home made videos too, those ones are cute and fit her more stripped back and acoustic songs.

30 minutes ago, lifeisavelvetcrowbar said:

White Dress is one of Lana's most gorgeous videos. It is pure art, period. It is a delicate and stripped back song. Having some huge production music video would defeat the purpose, she's literally singing about her life before she had wealth and fame and a big production budget. The video is meditative and nostalgic just like the song is. 

COCC MV on the other hand is corny. I love the song, but the video is just too camp. It's not a goofy pop song, so I don't know why they gave it a goofy video. Just the way they did the costuming, props, set design, cheap looking Instagram filters and cheesy special effects and editing. It all just feels very staged and childish. It just feels very 2010 pop music video, like Lana's attempt at a Katy Perry video. It's like they were going for a big production but on a tight budget, it didn't work out.

I do want one or more videos this era, but its not really essential to me. I like the videos she did in NFR era like FIILY, The Greatest and Doin Time. These videos have nice cinematography and look expensive but without being over the top. They just have a nice polished look that fit the moods of their songs. I would also be fine with some home made videos too, those ones are cute and fit her more stripped back and acoustic songs.

I really agree at the "White Dress" M/V segment - for me, this video is one of the most beautiful & aesthetic pleasing that i've seen from her.

The only thing that bugs me is (which is also a shame) that her arm was accidently broken while filming this MV. I know she wanted to rollerblade the f out of these beautiful sceneries in tne MV by HERSELF. Imagine if the accident didnt happen, this MV really did have a potential to be even more than what it is now. But regardless, I love the color palette of the visual (soft, pastel violet sky) & i love every second whenever the sunset is on screen, the stunt performer did what she had to do (in fact, this MV even inspired me to go buy a pair of rollerblades & practice this shit). And I think y'all didnt appreciate the MV for "White Dress" enough because the visual, the sceneries they filmed is literally in sync with how the song actually sounds - like, they literally o-hand-in-hand so well.

I disagree on what u said about COCC mv tho :)

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 hour ago, jamesss said:

until proven otherwise, im believing that @EARTHA CLIT is lana del rey herself. she’s in disguise as one of us and all of the stuff lana del rey has been saying as eartha clit is 100% true and will be factual. 

if this were true, which it ISN'T!, this would be doxxing, which is not okay.  anyway why would I be on a fan site dedicated to myself? mods, please ban this user and delete this post

Spoiler

you little fuckers

8 minutes ago, EARTHA CLIT said:

if this were true, which it ISN'T!, this would be doxxing, which is not okay.  anyway why would I be on a fan site dedicated to myself? mods, please ban this user and delete this post

Hide contents

you little fuckers

i believe @jamesss, so @EARTHA CLIT a.k.a Lana, can you unfriend Nikki Lane please?

2 hours ago, lifeisavelvetcrowbar said:

White Dress is one of Lana's most gorgeous videos. It is pure art, period. 

COCC MV on the other hand is corny. I love the song, but the video is just too camp. It's not a goofy pop song, so I don't know why they gave it a goofy video. 

no comment :horror:

Hello fellow Lana Stans, I'm new to LanaBoards. I'm looking for up to date files of all Lana's unreleased music. The only thing I can find on here is a link from 2017 that doesn't work anymore. Can anyone help? The higher the quality the better. Thanks!

15 minutes ago, PQT said:

Hello fellow Lana Stans, I'm new to LanaBoards. I'm looking for up to date files of all Lana's unreleased music. The only thing I can find on here is a link from 2017 that doesn't work anymore. Can anyone help? The higher the quality the better. Thanks!

i like this idk if its what you're looking for but there are download links there! https://lanatrailer.tumblr.com/unreleased

Wq9zHLl.jpg

1 hour ago, PQT said:

Inb4 this is Lana trying to find the leaked files to make the album sharon@2x.gif

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

I feel so ignorant because I don’t like Lana’s poetry. I just don't get the hype around poetry in general. If they were lyrics, I’d love them but a poem to my simple mind seems like a bit of nothing. I can appreciate the skill but it’s never once interested me

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

3 minutes ago, Tropico Angel said:

I feel so ignorant because I don’t like Lana’s poetry. I just don't get the hype around poetry in general. If they were lyrics, I’d love them but a poem to my simple mind seems like a bit of nothing. I can appreciate the skill but it’s never once interested me

Don't worry, I think I've read her poems only a few times :slayty:

1 hour ago, Tropico Angel said:

ironically i feel like her song lyrics are way more poetic & satisfying to read than her actual poetry

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

14 minutes ago, Tropico Angel said:

Never seen the beauty of rhymes, of meters or of building worlds with just a few words? :flutter:

7 hours ago, Tropico Angel said:

I love Florence & Lana’s poetry books - But yeah I’m not the biggest on the genre either…

IMG-3521.jpg

7 hours ago, Tropico Angel said:

tbh I don't like poetry in general too but as for lana's book I see it as stories written by her and about her so that's why it's interesting to me. I do love the audiobook a lot so in terms of consuming the book I'm streaming it more than actually reading it

like @Surf Noir said, her lyrics are more poetic and satisfying to read

edit: I really want BTIG and praying there'll be an audiobook as well

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg