Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

30 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Yeah, she was real lucky no lawsuit was filed-see this song further below:

you can sing wild at heart over it

this is why WAH is one of my least favs ever. basic ass boring ass melody that has been used over and over

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

2 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

off topic but I’m hoping for no more mac situations on Oceans, there was a lot of retro singer songwriter inspo on her Jack records which could have lead to lawsuits due to similar melodies/progressions.

I never knew this :deadbanana: it’s giving Video Games and that random Greek song 

sgopYhV.gif

The song that sounded a bit similar to video games was from Helen Vitali she is really well known and respected in Greece.

This German song sounds identical to MAC though  :toofunny:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

57 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Yeah, she was real lucky no lawsuit was filed-see this song further below:

you can sing wild at heart over it

If Radiohead couldn’t successfully sue her for Get Free, I doubt Lana would have been sued for this. The MAC situation makes more sense. They sound very similar. 

Not to start another Jack hate narrative but he always uses the most basic chord progressions it's only natural that there are a hundred similar songs out there with a similar guitar work :thumb3:

No one could replicate Rick's guitar on Yosemite for example :creepna2: (only themselves on Dragon Slayer :thumb2:)

giphy.gif

Just now, Venice Peach said:

Not to start another Jack hate narrative but he always uses the most basic chord progressions it's only natural that there are a hundred similar songs out there with a similar guitar work :thumb3:

No one could replicate Rick's guitar on Yosemite for example :creepna2: (only themselves on Dragon Slayer :thumb2:)

The Peter schilling song has an exact vocal melody and production setup-there’s electric guitar and other production sounds in the same places 💀-it’s more than chords

3 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

The Peter schilling song has an exact vocal melody and production setup-there’s electric guitar and other production sounds in the same places 💀-it’s more than chords

I know but you usually write the melody according to the chords you're using so it makes sense for it to be similar too and it's only part of the verses. I actually think that chorus is better than the MAC one :thumb2:

It's the same situation as the countless songs sounding like Last Christmas while being unreleated to it.

giphy.gif

MAC sounding like some song from a random nobody is nowhere nearly as bad as Get Free/Creep :et:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 hour ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I haven’t read the interview but I doubt it. Doubt Courtney even thinks it. 

but, to be fair, when UV was out, with its unapologetic lyrics, with her weird interviews (whether she was misquoted or not), with its tragic undertone, I was sure that by the time she was 40, we’d find that Lana had ODed or something on her bathroom floor :bebe: Glad I was mistaken though and all her other albums after that reassured me. 

And this is still one of my fears (not an OD) but that something bad will happen to Lana and she won’t be with us anymore. So that’s why the comparison triggered me.

I know Courtney was praising her. Mentioning Lana’s sobriety is weird to me though, because even though she sings about it in her songs at times she’s never explicitly spoke about sobriety. 

Still think CL is a legend of course, but I hate when people mess with Lana! 

I meant no harm in my previous post <3 

8 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Wasn't it Lana's uncle who taught her to play the guitar and to "write a million songs with just six chords"?

3 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

off topic but I’m hoping for no more mac situations on Oceans, there was a lot of retro singer songwriter inspo on her Jack records which could have lead to lawsuits due to similar melodies/progressions.

girl this is literally the same song but in german :mj: i cant believe it. 

even though the same chord progression is used in get free & creep, i didn’t hear enough similarities for radiohead to sue lana. but this…this is sue worthy. it’s not just the chord progression it’s the same melody and riffs

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

Unrelated to MAC, but a huge amount of Lana’s work used some variation of a progression like Am-F-C-G, so recycling one of the most common progressions isn’t anything new or specific to Jack:bebe:

I’m not a huge Jack fan, but personally, there seems to be just as much work if not more from before Jack that bears melodic similarities to other artists’ work (Old Money, Video Games, Get Free, etc.). 

I think that this will be less common as Lana’s artistry progresses as she seems to delve more into less conventional melodic structures, and BoZ seems to indicate this about TUOB as well!

Comparisons will always be drawn, but I do think Lana’s headed toward a more distinct melodic sound with her next record:brows:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

9 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I know but you usually write the melody according to the chords you're using so it makes sense for it to be similar too and it's only part of the verses. I actually think that chorus is better than the MAC one :thumb2:

It's the same situation as the countless songs sounding like Last Christmas while being unreleated to it.

It’s interesting you mention last Christmas because I cannot hear one similarity between creep and get free-different genres, different vocal styles, different pace but I hear last Christmas in get free one hundred percent.

5 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Unrelated to MAC, but a huge amount of Lana’s work used some variation of a progression like Am-F-C-G, so recycling one of the most common progressions isn’t anything new or specific to Jack:bebe:

I’m not a huge Jack fan, but personally, there seems to be just as much work if not more from before Jack that bears melodic similarities to other artists’ work (Old Money, Video Games, Get Free, etc.). 

I think that this will be less common as Lana’s artistry progresses as she seems to delve more into less conventional melodic structures, and BoZ seems to indicate this about TUOB as well!

Comparisons will always be drawn, but I do think Lana’s headed toward a more distinct melodic sound with her next record:brows:

Exactly, exactly

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.