Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

6 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Not trying to be rude but post things like this in the random conversation thread so you don’t get a warning point for being off-topic:heidi:

sure i Just need it this second and as much people as possible see it

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

50 minutes ago, Sweet said:

Jack is OBJECTIVELY the best thing to have happened to her (other than Rick Nowels of course cuz he gave us Honeymoon)

I love Jack but she herself literally said she didn't wanna release another album after btd cuz she felt none of the songs she was making were good enough until she started to work with Dan. She said Dan changed things for her and made her feel like what she was doing was interesting cuz he was interested in her and gave her some confidence back.

These are her exact words!

22 minutes ago, cherrytropico said:

not when dan auerbach pushed her out of her comfort zone and gave us the one and only ultraviolence that no one else could’ve gotten out of lana. 

Exactly!!!

Leak How to disappear (Piano Version)

2 minutes ago, ruined said:

I love Jack but she herself literally said she didn't wanna release another album after btd cuz she felt none of the songs she was making were good enough until she started to work with Dan. She said Dan changed things for her and made her feel like what she was doing was interesting cuz he was interested in her and gave her some confidence back.

Exactly!!!

I mean everyone knows Ultraviolence is a great album. A career highlight. So I can’t argue w that. 

My post was more of a Jack defending post. So I said what I said but we love Dan in this household bestie! 

8Qg234E.gif

Hey guys

what would u do if she wouldn't sing for us no more?

Spoiler

Like if you heard she was out in the bars drinking Jack and Coke
Goin' crazy for anyone who would listen to her stories, babes?

Leak How to disappear (Piano Version)

i know i just mentioned this property is condemned but brasil-gretchen.gif it's one of the only references we have and to me it's very interesting to explore so–

Spoiler

first i think it's interesting that natalie woods' sister is named lana. natalie's life is very interesting and sad in general – natalie  was very troubled during the filming and aftermath of this property is condemned and ended up overdosing and attempting to take her own life shortly after it was released. this property is condemned did not do well critically and, among other things, her self-esteem hit a low point following its release. she had a very successful string of films and then two less well-received films following that

i skimmed a biography on her life at the time and here are a few things that stuck out to me:

“There was a fragility in her, and the emotions were very close to the surface: scratch her and get to an emotional color right away. There’s something breathless about her, and you feel it, you can feel a kind of quivering just below the surface, a very appealing and vulnerable part of her." - reminds me of lana's emphasize on fragility, being delicate, etc

“Natalie’s epiphany, in analysis, was that “Natalie Wood” may have craved stardom, but she always desired a family”

“She said there was her, and there was ‘The Badge.’ ” The Badge was “Natalie Wood,” her star persona. “She would say, ‘I’m putting on The Badge,’ which was her movie star role.” - the idea of a "persona" vs a "true self" which lana has always been analyzed for. natalie wood really divided herself into natalie the glamorous film star and the "real" natalie; friends said they didn't know she was depressed, couldn't imagine she was struggling mentally, etc.

“Her mother’s whole identity was wrapped up with—not Natalie actually, but with ‘Natalie Wood,’ the movie star.” - natalie wood was a child actress and her mother was very involved in her identity as an actress for a long time

sUcVobB.png

4 minutes ago, Crys10 said:

GUYS MOOVEEE! Lana Del Rey is in billboard’s lineup for women in music awardsss!!! 
Let’s hope she gets the Woman of the year award 😍

she'll be honored with the Visionary Award

https://www.billboard.com/music/awards/billboard-women-in-music-awards-2023-date-tickets-1235207410/

:oprah4:

7 minutes ago, Harry Nilsson said:

omg seems like the awards are March 1st and you can buy tickets to go to it :oic3:

Anyone in California may be interested lol

It will also be live streamed but it seems like there's a chance Lana might perform at it too...a small chance but a chance