Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

Since i have found out about Lana, in october 2021… my life feels better, more complete… it’s like she’s the only one that emotionally understands me, even though she doesn’t even know that I exist 🥹

I didn’t know how I felt about Lana’s Grammys look at first but now I love it. Without a doubt one of her most put together, polished looks ever. It reminded me so much of the ss23 Richard Quinn collection but done in a Lana way.

Spoiler

IMG-3838.png
IMG-3839.jpg

This is so random....

But does anyone remember this slightly... unhinged... woman who made YouTube videos singing/chanting acapella versions of Ultraviolence songs in the woods with a large sword, maybe back in 2015? Her energy was unmatched and I can't remember her name or how to find her videos (if they're even still up)... I still think about them almost 10 years later. :teehee: :toofunny:

I cannot be the only one who remembers her. There may have been an ONTD thread about her or something. Help!

I think about this picture a lot. Her dress and hair are perfect, the lighting is spectacular, and to me, it's just a really beautiful and amazing picture. But I'm sure she was feeling anything BUT beautiful and amazing in this moment and that makes me feel sad.

f1f8f393d3439cf876d80ed33906f400.jpg

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I never really gave a fuck about any Lana remixes, but I’m finding that they do have one useful application — workout playlists. Really enjoying building one rn 

AB6-A338-F-93-FB-4-E32-8-E3-A-565-A67-D9

8 hours ago, ulttraviolenncee said:

im making lana alnums b-sides and i cant make a perfect one for aka, btd and uv UGHH

For some reason it's always hard for me to make B-sides for those exact albums too :bebe: 

2bfdb5f27c0411b17e7345642d0743ba99f47af0
 𝓟𝓾𝓽 𝓶𝓮 𝓸𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓫𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓶𝓸𝓽𝓸𝓻𝓬𝔂𝓬𝓵𝓮

𝓕𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓫𝓪𝓫𝔂 𝓭𝓸𝓵𝓵 𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓶𝔂 '𝓘 𝓭𝓸' 

𝓘𝓽 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓼 𝓽𝔀𝓸 𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼 𝓽𝓸 𝓝𝓮𝓿𝓪𝓭𝓪

⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚ 

14 hours ago, ulttraviolenncee said:

im making lana alnums b-sides and i cant make a perfect one for aka, btd and uv UGHH

not really worth since most of what leaked isn’t final and this is why it will not fit in the end, if we going from leaked stuff, only tv in black and white and what’s a girl to do could be possibly used since they are in the vibe of the released btd and with uv it’s only your girl and yes to heaven, we still don’t have proper final versions for fine china and i talk to jesus so it’s whatever u will put on them it will sound bad

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

5 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

not really worth since most of what leaked isn’t final and this is why it will not fit in the end, if we going from leaked stuff, only tv in black and white and what’s a girl to do could be possibly used since they are in the vibe of the released btd and with uv it’s only your girl and yes to heaven, we still don’t have proper final versions for fine china and i talk to jesus so it’s whatever u will put on them it will sound bad

i make tracklists on my notes app first lol, so firstly i place them by lyrics or title til i find a tracklist i like. the trick is: i didnt liked none of the tracklists i made for aka and uv, but found good ones for btd, hm and lfl. sometimes theyre not even cohesive in sound terms yk what i mean

On 3/7/2024 at 8:13 PM, Orville Peck said:

Why am I believing there will be a collab with Lana on the new Ice Spice album? :brigitte:

peppers the ice spice remix when

source.gif

FUN FACT: the rap duo $uicideboy$ (pretty popular at this point, you likely heard of them at very least in passing) have sampled Lana two times in their songs. The song “Opal Ring” samples Born to Die, although the sample is only in the intro of the song where it’s very muffled and hard to hear, so you likely wouldn’t recognize it. The other sample is on the song “Hard to Tell” where they sampled Yayo the aka Version. They sampled the end of the song and it is very easy to hear as it is looped throughout the instrumental. The EP or mixtape or whatever that ‘Hard to Tell’ dropped on is widely considered one of $uicideboy$ best works, so millions of people (me included) heard Lana through this song. A Lizzy Grant era song no less!

Without knowing it, in 2017 this was my first time hearing Lana, although I didn’t become a fan and listen to her music on it’s own until later

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

On 3/10/2024 at 5:43 PM, bluedealer said:

The fact that Chelsea Hotel 2 and Summerwine are not on Spotify is making me mad

the fact we dont even have summer wine besides the youtube rip with the talking makes me mad (unless we do and im living under a rock)

𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶 𝒟𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑜 𝐵𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝑀𝒾𝓃𝒹
𝒩𝑜𝓉 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝓌𝑜𝓇𝓁𝒹

⋆♥⋆

img%5D

I recently became a fan of Lana and I love the song Salvatore. After watching some clips of her concert on Youtube, I noticed she doesn't sing the words "ciao amore". Does someone know why?

10 minutes ago, Ofelia said:

I recently became a fan of Lana and I love the song Salvatore. After watching some clips of her concert on Youtube, I noticed she doesn't sing the words "ciao amore". Does someone know why?

i don't think there's really a deeper meaning other than her choosing not to sing certain parts of songs. she does that a lot imo. maybe it's bc it reminds her of Francisco...or maybe it's bc she likes to be quirky :oprah6: at the concert i went to, she relied a lot on the crowd to sing certain parts, so maybe it's one of those cases 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

i’m confused. lemme explain:

on Apple Music the lyrics for Let Me Love You Like A Woman are “We could get high on some pink champagne, baby let me count the ways” and on Instagram the lyrics are “We could get high on something trippy, baby let me count the waves” and now i can’t unhear it, i literally hear both of them. 

can someone tell me which is right??

Afternoon and you’re out for a break

by the shoreby the blue wall

Roller coasters and a Coca-Cola

Honey, I would hate to see you go…