Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

4 hours ago, cinnamongirI said:

Can she let that flannel go PLEASE

She’s not letting the flanell go. I think it’s an age thing. I’m in my 30s as well (35 yo on August 31) and flannel shirts have been all the rage among our ranks as of late lol don’t ask me why, why-why-why-why-why-why-why

3 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

On Saturday she will share a picture on Instagram announcing her new hairstylist.  Whilst Sheridan deletes all the Lana related posts.    

It’s gonna be nicki vs tae all over again

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

12 minutes ago, Tomboboy2#0 said:

She’s not letting the flanell go. I think it’s an age thing. I’m in my 30s as well (35 yo on August 31) and flannel shirts have been all the rage among our ranks as of late lol don’t ask me why, why-why-why-why-why-why-why

Yes, my mid 20s are FLANNEL CITY. They're just cute and comfortable, and everyone thinks you're a bohemian. Look at Lana embracing it.

"WWWWWHY WHYWHYWHYWHYW WHYYYYYYYUGHH" - Living Legend.

3lfQEhw.png

I wish she put out an ep of all the songs she sang with smaller artists on the NFR tour. especially the one she did with haley bonar, eat for free is a perfect song for lana to sing

Spoiler

but knowing her we'll never get something like that GO LANA GO 

FmfHaNj.gif

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

On 8/14/2020 at 10:45 PM, drugsdesire said:

just rewatched the index magazine interview from 2008 and i miss trailer park lizzy so much :crai:

im watching this now (haven't seen it in years) i love the monroe voice she puts on throughout it. she's too cute. i wish i could find more videos from this time. i've been lurking back through the forums and all older videos are gone :defeated:

Talking bout meditation and death, some stans created the rumor Sean d*ed on Twitter :toofloppy: I hope Lana doesn't see that and get mad @ us 

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

the names given to the nfr snippets were so bad looking back i was relieved when we found out the official titles

in your car... you dont ever have to... if we didn't know the nfr snippet was for the title track we would've called it you fucked me so good :awkney:

i love you, but you don't understand me.

I’m watching LA to the moon tour clips and i would love for her to release a full version of Scarborough fair/canticle. 

Or even something similar to it - the subtle anti war protest lyrics played simultaneously underneath the Scarborough fair song is just so gorgeous. She could definitely pull something off like that, especially with her recent endeavours into poetry. 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

12 minutes ago, VioletBunny said:

I’m watching LA to the moon tour clips and i would love for her to release a full version of Scarborough fair/canticle. 

Or even something similar to it - the subtle anti war protest lyrics played simultaneously underneath the Scarborough fair song is just so gorgeous. She could definitely pull something off like that, especially with her recent endeavours into poetry. 

I’m here for this. Her Scarborough fair is STUNNING the arrangement is magical. Ok I want production and arrangements like THAT on this album. 

3 minutes ago, new gods said:

why do people still care about whether her albums go number 1 or not

I second this. I wish her all the success possible but at the same time we all know she does not give a damnnnnn. Regardless she'll have the #1 on the alternative charts and whatnot, and this one will have LONGEVITY because we haven't heard a single hi def beautiful second.

13 minutes ago, HighbytheSea said:

I second this. I wish her all the success possible but at the same time we all know she does not give a damnnnnn. Regardless she'll have the #1 on the alternative charts and whatnot, and this one will have LONGEVITY because we haven't heard a single hi def beautiful second.

What makes you think she doesn’t care about numbers? Musicians definitely care if their work sells. The reason why Lana is able to work with the best producers and have so much freedom on her label is because she sells well. 

1 minute ago, anwdelrey said:

What makes you think she doesn’t care about numbers? Musicians definitely care if their work sells. The reason why Lana is able to work with the best producers and have so much freedom on her label is because she sells well. 

I think they're trying to say that Lana doesn't care about radio play, along with the fact she's talked about how she wishes in ways that she weren't famous, or that she doesn't care if her music is rated high by critics. I think the grammy's this year really explained to her, she could have the highest rated record and still get snubbed. So I'm personally hoping she'll go back to a way of writing and not caring what the critics say again.

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

2 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

lana has a large, devoted fanbase, her work will sell no matter what. it may not reach the top spot on the billboard charts, or be the highest selling album of the week / month / year, but it will be successful because of her fanbase. at this point in her career, she doesn't need to worry about her work selling well.

WGe8ynS.gif

5 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

lana has a large, devoted fanbase, her work will sell no matter what. it may not reach the top spot on the billboard charts, or be the highest selling album of the week / month / year, but it will be successful because of her fanbase. at this point in her career, she doesn't need to worry about her work selling well.

I disagree. I think she probably does worry about her work selling well. I think most if not all artists do. And her label and managers probably rely on good numbers considering she has the freedom (right now) to choose not to do promo or put out radio singles. She’ll never completely flop obviously, but I think it’s important for her to remain consistent with how her previous records sold. Also, the reason why her label has always let her do her own thing is because she sold extremely well from the get go.

1 minute ago, anwdelrey said:

I disagree. I think she probably does worry about her work selling well. I think most if not all artists do. And her label and managers probably rely on good numbers considering she has the freedom (right now) to choose not to do promo or put out radio singles. She’ll never completely flop obviously, but I think it’s important for her to remain consistent with how her previous records sold. 

i agree, obviously she still has to put in the effort to create a quality body of work, and any promo / single / music video obviously helps. i'll always have faith in lana at the end of the day, i remember how stressful nfr era was but eventually we got a really great album. 

WGe8ynS.gif

5 minutes ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

I think they're trying to say that Lana doesn't care about radio play, along with the fact she's talked about how she wishes in ways that she weren't famous, or that she doesn't care if her music is rated high by critics. I think the grammy's this year really explained to her, she could have the highest rated record and still get snubbed. So I'm personally hoping she'll go back to a way of writing and not caring what the critics say again.

also adding onto what I said here. I also believe she tried hard to make radio friendly pop music at first and by the time she took off as an artist, she was struggling between making some kind of music that really resonated with her vs what the label wanted her to be doing. She could've just as easily sent her label a bunch of unreleased pop tracks and said "here's an album", we literally have hundreds of tracks she could've used. but she didn't want to be a radio puppet and she didn't want that to be who LDR is. she wanted to be a storyteller with her music, not just some robotic pop artist, which she luckily put her foot down during the UV era and said she's making what she wants or nothing at all. period. 

this is actually what's made me love her so much. bc she gets to make what she wants, she's honestly one of the most, if not the most, authentic songwriter of our time right now.

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

41 minutes ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

also adding onto what I said here. I also believe she tried hard to make radio friendly pop music at first and by the time she took off as an artist, she was struggling between making some kind of music that really resonated with her vs what the label wanted her to be doing. She could've just as easily sent her label a bunch of unreleased pop tracks and said "here's an album", we literally have hundreds of tracks she could've used. but she didn't want to be a radio puppet and she didn't want that to be who LDR is. she wanted to be a storyteller with her music, not just some robotic pop artist, which she luckily put her foot down during the UV era and said she's making what she wants or nothing at all. period. 

this is actually what's made me love her so much. bc she gets to make what she wants, she's honestly one of the most, if not the most, authentic songwriter of our time right now.

i've been a casual Lana fan for a few years and the last year i've been getting really hooked, but at the same time still very sort of taking my sweet time consuming her art, reading each wiki page for every song, album, etc...

i've been saying since i started dipping my toes in further that she's a genius because she straight up made this incredible radio friendly album, Born To Die, that was almost like a mainstream movie trailer to introduce the world to her imagery and unique sound and then once we were hooked, after ONE album, she decided to do whatever the hell she wanted. 

this kind of big dick energy is only in the last year or so making it's way into the mainstream, and Lana is to thank for that. artists are making what they want to make now because Lana taught them it was okay once you're a star. 

she said 'oh you liked Blue Jeans? sick, here's a 9 minute soft rock jam that you're going to play on the actual radio bc I said so.' who the actual hell can top that? what an icon.