Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

13 minutes ago, Jack Antonoff is a God said:

It's hilarious how many mental gymnastics they're are willing to go through to mask the fact that they're hypocrites who are insecure about their one-dimensional taste in music.  

coming from the guy who dedicates his whole life defending a single random producer on the forum of a person he doesn’t even like is so :thumb3:

4 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i think i've heard of lana del rey! didn't she sing that song called "summertime sadness"? what a bop! RWLeZU2.gif 

Her best song! What a shame she started glamorising abuse after that :krylie:

6 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Is it me or it’s just here that Jack is hated as much?

It's just the same handful of people who happen to be the loudest and most repetitive  :shh2:

From what I can tell, Jack is really only strongly disliked by stans (mainly on here and Twitter). The general public loves him, especially since he works with people like Lorde and Taylor. I don't have an issue with his production per say, but I'm ready for something a lot fuller than what he's done with Lana. I think it's high time the music stops stripping down and starts getting all dressed up., and I know Mike will deliver on that for the upcoming album :dance:

imageproxy.jpg

Just now, The Stargirl Pinky said:

THE CHAOS IN THIS THREAD MUST MEAN THE ALBUM IS COMING 

bbtrue.gif 

let's bring this chaotic energy into the unidentified flying bill fake leak thread so we can manifest a leakfest 

bbtrue.gif

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

1 hour ago, IanadeIrey said:

Instead of rehashing the same topic of Jack and Lana, let’s focus on something we can all agree on! 

And that’s the reality that if Lana did the same sort of sound every single album, we wouldn’t appreciate the records for what they are as their own. Yes, we would probably still like them and enjoy them, but Lana is a true artist because she can recount her experiences through so many different lenses and make it authentic. 

Born to Die is innovative, lyrically and sonically. Nobody has done it like her on that album. Paradise is a thoughtful and provocative extension of that album and is a soulful piece that only Lana Del Rey could create. 

Ultraviolence is full of fire, it’s raw, aggressive, but still cool and calm and collected. Honeymoon takes that even a step further with its subdued elegance and candid-but-abstract lyricism. Lust for Life is bright-eyed and brilliant in its narrative. Norman is casual and a soundtrack for daily life, it’s a look into Lana more intimately. And Chemtrails takes that to a more existential level as a moody meditation on fame. 

My point is - they’re all different. I love Jack and Lana’s sound but I think if they did three albums together in a row, I would of course love it, but what we love about Lana is how she can step into any genre and still make it her own.

I’m sure that if Lana always made a “2.0” of her records, then people would take an issue with that. I’m also sure that Mike Dean is going to bring something fun and exciting to the table and help her reach whatever artistic vision she has this time around. It’s definitely going to be a change and that’s exciting! The uncertainty in that with room for something grand is exciting. :party:

gurl you are so right. bb will be its own thing and a wonderful masterpiece of it's own. We may bicker over which albums are the best out of her discography, but all of them are iconic compared to albums by other artists. lana is the creme of the crop

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

9 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

And what about it:oprah3:

Like it's not the same couple of Jack/NFR stan that have the exact oppositive discourse. It's called LanaBoards.com, not JackStanBoards.com or whatever. 

If I want to be repetitive that's my goddamn right. 

3 minutes ago, HillSongExHomoCantor said:

gurl you are so right. bb will be its own thing and a wonderful masterpiece of it's own. We may bicker over which albums are the best out of her discography, but all of them are iconic compared to albums by other artists. lana is the creme of the crop

Thank you, I’m so glad you agree. It is so true - Lana is indeed the best of the best and we’re so lucky to be experiencing her music in real time. That is the real gift of it all! 

54 minutes ago, Lentilus said:

Plssss, i sheleved COCC weeks ago. That album makes me feel like shit on my good mood days. It flopped for me personally. Maybe one day that changes. Idk. Point is. He has to go. Period.

not just for you. i can't listen to the entire album at all. I like individual songs, but I just have to skip some

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

Just now, Bunny Mozart said:

The ONLY way the fighting is going to stop is if someone leaks Morricone

oh, here's the tea! i just know somebody out there has it, just like they had i talk to jesus and living legend, they're not fooling anyone! :oprah3:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

I can't believe that I lost the Jack hate gate :noparty:

Anyway, what song produced by Mike Dean do you want to see channeled in BB?

I would love to hear something like A Sweeter Place with a psychedelic twist from Lana

52 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

like if your best exemple for defending a producer’s work is a generic taylor swift album you’re kinda losing the argument :facepalm:

I didn't defend him? I just said most Lana fans were excited because Jack worked on those two acclaimed albums before working with Lana, and now they're doing the same with Mike. 

But that doesn't matter, cause at the end of the day most of y'all will still complain and trash Lana and ANY producer she works with, because y'all are never satisfied with anything she does :eartha:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: