Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Lustformoney said:

Hans Zimmer is boring, we need Hedwigs theme, Jurassic Park theme, Window to the past type of magical excellence:oprah3:

jurassic park theme YOUR CINEMATIC TASTE :gurl:

so y’all think we’ll get the single or...anything next (cursed) friday ?  :illumarina:

6 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

jurassic park theme YOUR CINEMATIC TASTE :gurl:

so y’all think we’ll get the single or...anything next (cursed) friday ?  :illumarina:

announcement sometime next week :hype:

"Don’t forget me"

3 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

it's probably just lb, considering the fact that nfr is generally considered her best album FCCC68DB-F2DE-41F8-A25D-35ED716E39B1.thu

idk i feel with COCC's release and the subsequent announcement of Rock Candy Sweet, a string of words which sounds pop and playful, alongside the appearance of synths in the BB snippets, strong feelings about the evolution of her sound that had been repressed since NFR are now out in the open. Which I think we should repress them again !!! enough wid this H8te !!! they will learn and appreciate what is gorgeous instrumentation

1 hour ago, baddisease said:

I always say this every era but I really want a Melanie written or produced song. And a Marina written or produced song.

This won't happen, but I'm manifesting :lolliney:

Spoiler

Especially a Melanie song. My world would collapse 

6 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

Enya, Joni Mitchell and Joan Baez 

It would be interesting to see The Weeknd writing something for Lana and Lana writing something for him, releasing in an album without telling which song they composed and letting the fans wonder who wrote what

This is such a good list!!

Joni Mitchell was the first person that came to mind when I first thought of who I’d want her to work with! 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

1 hour ago, Diamantes WILD said:

wait why don't we want a madonna collab again? i'd be for it 

because grandma is a train wreck and we don't need that

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

1 hour ago, Diamantes WILD said:

I really wish folk/country Lana could sound at least as cool as folk Madonna in American Life era. God, that electronic + folk/acoustic + angry sound was amazing.

2 hours ago, Diamantes WILD said:

I don't have any logical reason for that, just personal.

Spoiler

I would see Lana forever as a sell out. It's not like she ever mentioned Madonna or was interested in her work in the past. The whole thing would be a publicity stunt in my eyes and I would lose my respect for her. 

Madonna's career is almost over. Most of my friends don't even know who she is. A collab with Lana would totally be beneficial for her.

Lana would gain credibility and a lot of people would write praising her for working with the Queen of Pop. For me it would be a scream for attention.

I would be a lot more excited for a collab with Britney, Nikki Lane, Zella, Weyes, Bob Dylan, Courtney Love, Joan Baez, Joni Mitchel, A$AP Rocky, The Weeknd and even Ariana, Clay and Azealia

Those are just my personal thoughts. I'm missing Lana's authenticity so much that any superficial mainstream move would kill even more my interest in her

Again, those are just my personal feelings. You don't have to agree, because they are insane

Just now, BluebirdXO said:

I don't have any logical reason for that, just personal.

Hide contents

I would see Lana forever as a sell out. It's not like she ever mentioned Madonna or was interested in her work in the past. The whole thing would be a publicity stunt in my eyes and I would lose my respect for her. 

Madonna's career is almost over. Most of my friends don't even know who she is. A collab with Lana would totally be beneficial for her.

Lana would gain credibility and a lot of people would write praising her for working with the Queen of Pop. For me it would be a scream for attention.

I would be a lot more excited for a collab with Britney, Nikki Lane, Zella, Weyes, Bob Dylan, Courtney Love, Joan Baez, Joni Mitchel, A$AP Rocky, The Weeknd and even Ariana, Clay and Azealia

Those are just my personal thoughts. I'm missing Lana's authenticity so much that any superficial mainstream move would kill even more my interest in her

Again, those are just my personal feelings. You don't have to agree, because they are insane

nah ur fine. i just don't keep up bc i just dont hahaha but i mean. is it because she's sorta lost her pioneering edge recently or? I feel like Lana'd be able to do something respectfully as well as timelessly that'd benefit both of them. Madonna deserves some respect even if she's lost her edge imo 

UV/Honeymoon

in my opinion a madonna collab is just like the stevie nicks collab situation

both are LEGENDS and there's no losing in doing a collab with a legend even if they don't sound the best at the moment  :whatever2:

queen madge is queen

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg