Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

6 minutes ago, terrenceszyou said:

A friend once told me that he doesn't like NFR because all the tracks sound like there's water in the sound amps. :blush: 

i get what he means and he has a point, it would bother me more if i usually listened to the album with headphones but NFR is a driving album for me so i judge its mastering based on how it sounds in my car

Just now, terrenceszyou said:

California has that thing that could make any Lana piano track pop, which is inserting drums from the verses after the first chorus. It is extremely pleasurable.

I have a soft spot for this song because I was in love with a guy who lived far away and for some reason I thought I would "pick him up" and "party all night". In the song, Lana just really misses a guy and wants to see him again and do good things. I can feel what she's feeling.

it’s one of my fav Lana songs tbh which is why the off mixing/mastering/whatever is so bothersome to me. 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

Also not to forget that Lana refers to all of her albums as records. The sound is fully meant to be played on a record player to have full enjoyment. What you don't notice in a casual listen doesn't mean it can't be appreciated on other mediums. :true:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886568b484a15c22227dc                                  

"Baby you my Bugsy Malone 

and I'm your Suicide Blonde"

last.fm

Just now, For K said:

Also not to forget that Lana refers to all of her albums as records. The sound is fully meant to be played on a record player to have full enjoyment. What you don't notice in a casual listen doesn't mean it can't be appreciated on other mediums. :true:

girl.. lemme take my record player on the bus with me

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

3 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

You might be referring to Dance Till We Die. I love Lana and Jack together but that song deserved to be fleshed out to the max.

she just needed to go full country on that record but fine we’ll be here on 2030 for that lana x nikki album !!

and also for giving me Margaret

Just now, VioletBunny said:

girl.. lemme take my record player on the bus with me

I personally believe you can do it. I'll be on the starline tours bus with you :bored:

last.fm

2 minutes ago, For K said:

Yeah, the best medium to listen to Blue Banisters is vinyl. I'm not home nearly enough to enjoy it, but it's always so lovely when I do

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, Fingertips said:

Yeah, the best medium to listen to Blue Banisters is vinyl. I'm not home nearly enough to enjoy it, but it's always so lovely when I do

Violets for Roses actually sound tremendously better on vinyl in my own opinion. I didn't love it the first time I listened but when I got the vinyl pressing I really did love the atmosphere it created :karaoke:

last.fm

6 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

i get what he means and he has a point, it would bother me more if i usually listened to the album with headphones but NFR is a driving album for me so i judge its mastering based on how it sounds in my car

I like how at times it sounds "dirty and uncompromised", it sounds hot. But mostly I like Lana's vocal range. It's smooth. And previously, we had the squeaky vocals of Lust for Life. It was a treat, imo.

2 minutes ago, terrenceszyou said:

I like how at times it sounds "dirty and uncompromised", it sounds hot. But mostly I like Lana's vocal range. It's smooth. And previously, we had the squeaky vocals of Lust for Life. It was a treat, imo.

honestly great dating or hookup app suggestion if you need to fill out your bios get it ladies :gurl:

8 minutes ago, For K said:

NFR definitely sounds the least flat on vinyl i will say that :true:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Just now, the ocean said:

NFR definitely sounds the least flat on vinyl i will say that :true:

You giving any praise to NFR means a lot so I know I have a point now :true:

last.fm

1 hour ago, IanadeIrey said:

It’s actually the opposite 💀 Lana told Annie Mac that she “really really wanted more from Jack” and said elsewhere that she encouraged Jack to go “wilder” with the production (which I guess certainly doesn’t help lessen the often unwarranted hate for Jack here lol) - but I guess it might have been difficult to be on the same page since they were apart as Chemtrails was being finalized during the early pandemic (Lana in LA and Jack in NY).

Lana saying this always confused me because Jack also said this about Chemtrails in an Instagram post: 

20230108-220002.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMoHp9kJyiR/?igshid=OTRmMjhlYjM=

Kind of makes it seem like there was a lack of communication between them about what Lana really wanted lol :tsk:

20 minutes ago, VioletBunny said:

I know you’re probably just talking about personal experience rather than objective problems with the song but this is a point. Lana’s Cinnamon Girl teases were done in her car, and when it was released everyone was like “where’s the bass gone?” because it doesn’t sound like that via phones or AirPods or even decent headsets. 

I think Jack is a perfectionist and he loves all these little things he adds to songs, but once you leave the studio, those little things disappear and you end up with an overly compressed track. I remember a song (from COCC I think) that had like a dozen instruments on its credits but you literally can’t hear more than a handful of them. I’m sure in the studio you could hear them all clearly, but outside of it? Nah. 

Tunnels is already shaping up to be an improvement though!

idk i don’t think this is the culprit for my experience because my car speakers suuuuck and i use studio headphones at home 😭 but yeah jack is obviously just very subjective. his production and mixing choices with lana are pretty unconventional by the standards of the 2010s and 2020s, and his own music is all of those unconventional techniques cranked up to 10. iirc most of his stuff is all analog, maybe that’s why it sounds kind of flat to people

2 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

If Lana were smart she’d start leaking old shit NOW. She needs to distract us 

i really wish artists released their scrapped/old material themselves on like SoundCloud or something instead of it needing to leak from an outside source