Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

8 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

I want her to go back to covering old timey 50s songs :hair:

still waiting for my 50’s and 60’s cover album featuring classics such as where the boys are and leslie gore closeted lesbian songs about boys :trisha: 

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

12 hours ago, The Grants said:

so…. Arcadia had big orchestra and look at rhe mess it is

Absolute genuine question.

Why does everyone hate Arcadia?

I've read people complaining about the lyrics, the vocals, the piano and now the orchestra. I truly don't understand? To me, it's one of her best-ever songs.

8 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

I've read people complaining about the lyrics, the vocals, the piano and now the orchestra. I truly don't understand? To me, it's one of her best-ever songs.

I love Arcadia, but the critiques I have of it are the HORRIBLE HORRIBLE mixing (probably one of her worst offenders in that regards) and it sounds a little too musical theatre for me; not always in the mood to listen to it

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

10 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

I don't hate Arcadia, but its not really one of my favorites either lol I think Lana set up a high expectation for it when she said "listen to it like you listened to video games" too

And on that note, Arcadia is obviously very special to her as well so I do acknowledge that, but it was never gonna be the same as video games. VG, in terms of lyrical content, is very relatable in describing a relationship scenario that many people probably experienced, whereas Arcadia is very unique to Lana and her own personal experiences.

I think the music itself is beautiful and I do wish Lana was singing in her lower register because at the beginning "my body is a map of la, I stand straight like an angel, with a halo" and the higher voice makes it sound like she's a kid singing in a school choir or musical idk why I get that image but I do :bebe:

14 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

the orchestra is very good actually but the mixing is just terrible, the piano is obnoxious and her vocals… they literally don’t offer anything new or interesting. the lyrics are not bad tho but it has everything to make a lana song uninteresting

and also for giving me Margaret

11 minutes ago, The Grants said:

the orchestra is very good actually but the mixing is just terrible, the piano is obnoxious and her vocals… they literally don’t offer anything new or interesting. the lyrics are not bad tho but it has everything to make a lana song uninteresting

wasn’t arcadia supposed to be the tt of BB? 

1 minute ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Good Morning has anything leaked yet  any news?

of course not, we're still talking about blue banisters :oprah3::scoff:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 hour ago, Fingertips said:

I love Arcadia, but the critiques I have of it are the HORRIBLE HORRIBLE mixing (probably one of her worst offenders in that regards) and it sounds a little too musical theatre for me; not always in the mood to listen to it

I give you the mixing... although I don't think it's that bad. She has worse, even from that same album. I absolutely love the "musical theatre" vibe.

1 hour ago, fishtails said:

I don't hate Arcadia, but its not really one of my favorites either lol I think Lana set up a high expectation for it when she said "listen to it like you listened to video games" too

And on that note, Arcadia is obviously very special to her as well so I do acknowledge that, but it was never gonna be the same as video games. VG, in terms of lyrical content, is very relatable in describing a relationship scenario that many people probably experienced, whereas Arcadia is very unique to Lana and her own personal experiences.

I think the music itself is beautiful and I do wish Lana was singing in her lower register because at the beginning "my body is a map of la, I stand straight like an angel, with a halo" and the higher voice makes it sound like she's a kid singing in a school choir or musical idk why I get that image but I do :bebe:

I read complaints about her vocals before, but I really like them. They make me emotional.

1 hour ago, The Grants said:

Wow, I legit think the piano is incredibly gorgeous... I was actually very thankful for Drew because he did a great job imo. And the vocals? Have you not heard the "All roads..." part? Or the "They built me up..." bit? She never sang like that in a studio song I believe.

1 hour ago, plastiscguy said:

Arcadia has one of the best melodies in Lana's discography :wub: I hope we something similar in the album! 

My bets are on Candy Necklace/Fingertips :oprah3:

This is what I think too, the melody is an instant classic.

2 hours ago, PARADIXO said:

well, it's my most played song of 2022 on Spotify so I cannot answer this question :hottie: