Elle

Lana covers Rolling Stone UK - April/May 2023 [INTERVIEW]

This interview is so good. I love hearing her thought process on her albums and just life itself.

Hate to say it but it feels good to see her say she didn’t want anyone to listen to BB. I felt like I was going crazy when I just could not get into it while some members were here claiming it was her best songwriting yet when the singles and album were first released. When I always connected to Lana’s music for the past decade, it was unnerving to have her release two albums in a year that didn’t click with me. Luckily, I’ve warmed up to COTCC a lot and a chunk of BB a lot more than I did at first, but mostly only because I’ve created a playlist with my favorite songs from each. I still think BB is her weakest album and is messy on its own. 

I’m still a little nervous for this next album as a result, but I’m really curious and excited to see what it holds after A&W and this interview have been released.  

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

12 minutes ago, renaissance said:

https://rollingstone.imbmsubscriptions.com/current-issue-print/

Is this the actual magazine or a print of the cover?

I'm pretty sure Print just means that it's a print version and not an art print as the other option to buy is digital, so yes actual magazine! :)

UtrMWJM.jpg

~Mon amour,  je sais que tu m'aimes aussi ~

The interview is so enlightening about her relationships and justification for Ultraviolence. 

There were a few moments that made me cringe tho: most notably how into the LA wellness culture she is (just jarring as I've recently been looking into video essays of how toxic and scammy it is). Hope she steers clear of the problematic parts, but it does sound like her psychic is definitely good for her.

2 hours ago, trailerparkdream said:

Where do we order the magazine in the US? 

You can order it either on the Rolling Stone UK website:

https://rollingstone.imbmsubscriptions.com/current-issue-print/

Or on newsstand (select April/May issue):

https://www.newsstand.co.uk/195-rock-music-magazines/30683-subscribe-to-rolling-stone-uk-magazine-subscription.aspx

Didn't she previously say the production of BTD ended up EXACTLY how she wanted it to sound? fsjknf

Either way, the baroque pop meets trip hop production is iconic and was instrumental in altering the sound of popular music for an entire decade. I wouldn't have wanted anything else.

This interview is like a Lana guide book for those people, who forgot or never got how she is, how she’s wired, what she really experienced and how she going to look like in the future. It’s a little lecture for all of us. :usrs:

We can surely figure out who the mysterious man was given all the clues

So he was (is?) known for seeming cheerful, was more famous than her and likely a billionaire with his own jet (owing to the line in that poem)

There are not many men who fit that criteria :um2:

Then again she's probably thrown in a red herring because she knows we'd all try to guess

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

This interview feels like the redemption from the 2014 one… For those who don’t know, the journalist spent 2-3 days with LDR, in 2014, and on the last day, he began asking her more « badgering » questions and she asked him to leave. The interview was valid, to be fair, at that time and wanted to shine a nuanced light on her (remember it was after BTD and UV, two classics that we love but that were so out of the park from what was made at that time by female singers). But to have the 2023 RS interview ask her meaningful questions, while recognizing her immense talent, it feels like the circle is now complete :oprah:

1 hour ago, ilovetati said:

Didn't she previously say the production of BTD ended up EXACTLY how she wanted it to sound? fsjknf

Either way, the baroque pop meets trip hop production is iconic and was instrumental in altering the sound of popular music for an entire decade. I wouldn't have wanted anything else.

I was surprised by that bit too. I remember that she said that Blue Jeans sounded more like Wicked Game before Emile changed the production… But other than that, I really don’t know. 
and you’re right that BTD is the blueprint now for so many singers… and, well, it’s still what brings her a good chunk of her bread and butter, so maybe it was for the best if production was not what she wanted  :thumb3:

hands down my favorite interview i’ve read of hers :wowcry:

9c2f159f3783d5d514e1aebcfad2d2ff.jpg

you're in the wind, i'm in the water, nobody's son, nobody's daughter... ౨ৎ·゚:*

After the trouble with my previous order yesterday, I finally was able to purchase the magazine :party:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°