shadesofloveduthenandnow

LDRX - Thoughts & Speculations Thread

7 minutes ago, Good Intentions said:

we need more new unusual song ideas like Textbook, because it gets boring when everything sounds the same

I like your thinking :blush: plus we need more songs that sounds like black bathing suit’s chaotic outro

17 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

Wait :wtfney: I was replying to this :

041-ABCE2-1-FD7-4465-82-B2-E18-C5580-AE7

My acc was named after the song ("@TextBook") till the Ocean Blvd tracklist announcement. I don't know what you're talking about :um2:

Lol

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

On 6/11/2023 at 5:42 AM, syrup amour said:

The next album can be dark, sirens (not the album but the creatures) , foggy California beach, dragonslayer, lush and dreamy in its production (similar like honeymoon). And she could name it Waist Deep In Icy Waves (am I the only one who remembers that instagram post after her gorgeous photo shoot when she announce LDR9?)

Also, am I the only one who remembers when insiders said that LDR9 would be giving foggy California beaches, and DNC? I still have questions. I definitely think that DNC meant Del Norte County, which is were she had that photo shoot. But she never mentions it in OB. Nor do I think that OB qualifies as a foggy California beach vibes. Perhaps the insiders were lying, or she changed her mind. Has she ever talked about a future album, before releasing the album before it?

This is probably a reach but, thinking about the DNC/Del Norte County thing...in Sweet there's the line "...in the sweet north country"

This is where the reach comes in...perhaps DNC means "Dulce North Country" :oic3:

Lana loves adding Spanish words into her songs, and in TT×VB she adds quite a few, so that could tie it all together lol

29 minutes ago, fishtails said:

This is probably a reach but, thinking about the DNC/Del Norte County thing...in Sweet there's the line "...in the sweet north country"

This is where the reach comes in...perhaps DNC means "Dulce North Country" :oic3:

Lana loves adding Spanish words into her songs, and in TT×VB she adds quite a few, so that could tie it all together lol

I was thinking about sweet north country, but to me it feels like such a stretch to make a Jaa keg wand then change your mind about the lyrics. However Lana changes her mind all the time

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

I definitely think Lana needs a new producer. I like Jack, I loved him on NFR. But I feel like she needs someone new, someone who can challenge her to a new sound, who doesn’t let her get too comfortable. And I don’t mean that as she should be feeling badly or anything, but more in a way that makes her think out of the box. While I love the latest albums, we need a newer sound. I think Jack is a lovely friend to her, and listens to her, and respects her. But he doesn’t challenge her like Dan Auerbach did. He was what she needed on NFR, now she needs something new.

9 minutes ago, syrup amour said:

I definitely think Lana needs a new producer. I like Jack, I loved him on NFR. But I feel like she needs someone new, someone who can challenge her to a new sound, who doesn’t let her get too comfortable. And I don’t mean that as she should be feeling badly or anything, but more in a way that makes her think out of the box. While I love the latest albums, we need a newer sound. I think Jack is a lovely friend to her, and listens to her, and respects her. But he doesn’t challenge her like Dan Auerbach did. He was what she needed on NFR, now she needs something new.

Exactly, A&W was amazing but the trap production was 😖😖😖

I tried to think about Ocean Blvd's recording and writing timeline to try to guess where she's going next but it's so chaotic :hide:

The album started with songs like Fingertips and the title track but she also wrote Peppers around the same time :thumb2:

Kintsugi was one of the last songs she recorded too (I'm 99% sure it's the piano magic moment Jack talked about in April) so it's not like the album started with the deep introspective songs and then she added the upbeat/experimental tracks... it was chaos from the start :true:

The very last song she did was (I think) CN and it's such a weird and dark song disguised as a simple piano ballad and it was even a "single" and the only MV so maybe it's a clue for what's next (whenever that would be)

giphy.gif

this might be a bit unusual to say but I think Lana's one of those rare stars that you find only once in a while in a generation or whatever time bracket. you've got this person who's achieved things with such a great, lasting quality. she's a true legacy artist that sits somewhere in the middle of fame and honestly her personhood so effortlessly. 

she's a true legacy artist. and maybe it's just that I'm still swimming in this album but i'm kinda wondering if the next one'll feel like an encore of an album. will it be more profound? happier and more celebratory? how long will it take? there's times where I feel like she's covered a lot, but i'm always open to listening what she might have to say 

Imagine that, witnessing the career of what feels like she's one of the last of the mysterious old-time hollywood/ celebrity stars. what an icon. like's she's come from a different era. she's honestly just a class of her own. 

UV/Honeymoon

33 minutes ago, Favorite Ever said:

this might be a bit unusual to say but I think Lana's one of those rare stars that you find only once in a while in a generation or whatever time bracket. you've got this person who's achieved things with such a great, lasting quality. she's a true legacy artist that sits somewhere in the middle of fame and honestly her personhood so effortlessly. 

she's a true legacy artist. and maybe it's just that I'm still swimming in this album but i'm kinda wondering if the next one'll feel like an encore of an album. will it be more profound? happier and more celebratory? how long will it take? there's times where I feel like she's covered a lot, but i'm always open to listening what she might have to say 

Imagine that, witnessing the career of what feels like she's one of the last of the mysterious old-time hollywood/ celebrity stars. what an icon. like's she's come from a different era. she's honestly just a class of her own. 

Yes! I just don’t think there will be another one like her.

Lana Del Rey x Rick Rubin

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

11 minutes ago, Good Intentions said:

All I want are normal song titles. :pray2: Please no more than four words per title and no cryptic two-letter abbreviations! :silly:

They’re iconic I fear

pskiQfS.jpeg

Your wife waters flowers, I wanna kill her 

titles i wanna see (favs are bolded)

1. The Bell Jar

2. Puddles on the Pavement

3. Waist Deep in Icy Waves

4. Moonbeam

5. Pacific Blue

6. Stars Align

7. Pearl

8. Body of Cellophane