Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

2 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

Guys I love this album but I agree kintsugi and fingertips drag it down :bebe: maybe I’m just not a fan of the blue banisters free form poetry vibe but to me they would work better as poems

😑 You need to let the light shine in....Quickly

Honestly I haven’t *loved* a lana album since lust for life, but I love this one again lol. 

I stopped playing anything off Norman, Chemtrails, and BB about a week after they came out, but I still listen to Ocean Blvd tracks every day lol 

It’s really only the interludes and Fingertips I skip

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

As if the Kintsugi - Fingertips run having the lowest streams from the album means anything regarding their quality :rip: 

When I'm going to work or biking I obviously won't listen to those as they're quiet and lyric-centric. I'd rather play Let the Light In or the title track.

When I'm on my bed with my boyfriend at night playing music we always play Fingertips. It's a delicate song for delicate moments, and those are rather rare these days, hence the "low" streams (which they're still millions and millions across all platforms).

8 hours ago, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

I’m really the only Margaret fan here huh

I absolutely love Margaret. It's one of my favorites. I'd love to discuss it here but nobody cares :rip: 

8 hours ago, honey dew said:

The poll in fact shows that there are more Margaret fans than The Grants fans and Sweet fans, which is extremely worrying. Research has shown that Sweet fans are the most oppressed and socially isolated demographic on Lanaboards, and the most likely to suffer from major depression and comorbidities such as fibromyalgia, schizophrenia and iron deficiency.

This!!! Sweet stans deserve free medical care

On 6/14/2023 at 3:01 PM, barttttender said:

Girl, if you can listen those songs without falling asleep, kudos to you. But no everyone is made of steel.

You have to let them break a little more, 

cause they say that's what they are for

¡that's how the light shines in!

9 hours ago, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

I’m really the only Margaret fan here huh

I remember thinking it was unlistenable because of how cringy it was at first, but now I've gotten weirdly attached to the song.

Let the light in, on the other hand, has gotten quite dull for me. 

I still really love this album and listen to it regularly. I can see how Kintsugi and Fingertips being back to back can be a little much for same but I think they’re a beautiful pairing. Fingertips is the one I revisit most though. It’s just so amazing to me. Def a true discography highlight.  I’d say Margaret is the only song that really doesn’t do much for me. I normally skip it. It and the Judah interlude just aren’t something I really feel the need to revisit. All the other songs though really have their own little special significance and meaning to me.  

Definitely a top 5 album, I have not listened to Kintsugi or Fingertips since it came out though. Beautifully done but…Probably her most boring songs in her discography that really drag. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

2 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Definitely a top 5 album, I have not listened to Kintsugi or Fingertips since it came out though. Beautifully done but…Probably her most boring songs in her discography that really drag. 

Literally the two songs I listen to the most 🥲

With Kintsugi & Fingertips, as Lana says, “If you get it you get it”. Either it connects to something inside of you or it doesn’t. Specifically Kintsugi is so special to me, as someone who has lost many loved ones in recent years, especially the one who was the most important person in the world to me. I’ve had that experience of being by their bedside during their last breathes, it’s beautiful and sad and will never leave you. 

Kintsugi feels like a warm hug from Lana, her honoring that experience, and her telling the listener how she moved through it and came out better after it. 

22 minutes ago, emliqua said:

With Kintsugi & Fingertips, as Lana says, “If you get it you get it”. Either it connects to something inside of you or it doesn’t. Specifically Kintsugi is so special to me, as someone who has lost many loved ones in recent years, especially the one who was the most important person in the world to me. I’ve had that experience of being by their bedside during their last breathes, it’s beautiful and sad and will never leave you. 

Kintsugi feels like a warm hug from Lana, her honoring that experience, and her telling the listener how she moved through it and came out better after it. 

This is the exact reason why I can’t listen to The Grants, Kintsugi and Fingertips. I can’t deal with them. I can recognise The Grants has a beautiful melody (probably the best from the album) but the other two are too much complex so I can’t give an opinion.

Aside those three and the interludes, title track is the only one I skip from the album, even though I’m still trying to like Fishtail

10 hours ago, honey dew said:

The poll in fact shows that there are more Margaret fans than The Grants fans and Sweet fans, which is extremely worrying. Research has shown that Sweet fans are the most oppressed and socially isolated demographic on Lanaboards, and the most likely to suffer from major depression and comorbidities such as fibromyalgia, schizophrenia and iron deficiency.

I feel personally attacked by this - but thats so true:ohno:

i was in a bus going to college earlier this morning singing this song while being on the verge of a breakdown (once again)

i mean... 'what you doing with your life?

do you comtemplate were we came from?

lately weve been making out alot not talking bout the stuff thats at the heart of things...'

im sick to break down and relate to this too much

1 hour ago, liveordieboy said:

Literally the two songs I listen to the most 🥲

Well we are all different, I can see why people would like them. But are just not songs I have an urge to replay.  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

I love the album, but I definitely think I would enjoy it more if the grants didn’t have that intro… sorry just being honest

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐