Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

5 minutes ago, lostindarkparadise said:

This album is too long and not cohesive enough for critics to like it and Judah Smith interlude was a big mistake 

But the album is getting praise on the year end lists and is among the top five most acclaimed albums of the year? Sit down.

15 minutes ago, lostindarkparadise said:

This album is too long and not cohesive enough for critics to like it and Judah Smith interlude was a big mistake 

But on the other hand it's varied, experimental and unparalleled. It's an album with rough edges, maybe that's exactly what impresses some critics.

13 minutes ago, Evergreen said:

But the album is getting praise on the year end lists and is among the top five most acclaimed albums of the year? Sit down.

:toofunny:

1 hour ago, lostindarkparadise said:

Fixed your post for you :kiss3:

C9-EB944-D-53-AE-42-A7-A3-CE-EF6-DA48879

A&W seems to be doing a lot better than the album as a whole on these lists. Since I know that she cares about critical acclaim, I hope that this encourages her to make more songs like that and less songs with minimal production in the future. 

2 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

A&W seems to be doing a lot better than the album as a whole on these lists. Since I know that she cares about critical acclaim, I hope that this encourages her to make more songs like that and less songs with minimal production in the future. 

It’s a balance. While I don’t necessarily want her to create a totally stripped down album along the lines of Blue Banisters, too much production and intervention from people like Jack sometimes overshadows her talent. It’s like, don’t fix something that’s not broken. 

Having said that, A&W is definitely a top track for me. It was different and complex, but still felt like an iconic LDR song. 

I would like more songs with orchestral arrangements that compliment her voice and lyrics :wub:

26 minutes ago, Quincy said:

It’s a balance. While I don’t necessarily want her to create a totally stripped down album along the lines of Blue Banisters, too much production and intervention from people like Jack sometimes overshadows her talent. It’s like, don’t fix something that’s not broken. 

Having said that, A&W is definitely a top track for me. It was different and complex, but still felt like an iconic LDR song. 

I would like more songs with orchestral arrangements that compliment her voice and lyrics :wub:

i just want her in a better mood. Regarldess of production, she's been mega sad on her last four records, if we include violet.

i want party lana back

Just now, barttttender said:

i just want her in a better mood. Regarldess of production, she's been mega sad on her last four records, if we include violet.

i want party lana back

I want Honeymoon Lana back :toofunny:

Actually I really just want her doing whatever makes her happy, even if it comes across as sad, melancholy, etc. 

One day late but happy one year Ocean Blvd title track anniversary :oprah9:

Can't believe it's been a year already since we got blessed with that masterpiece, oh what a collapse that day was :xcry: Immiadetly became one of my favorite title tracks  and I still love it so so much :flutter::wub:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

2 hours ago, Jared said:

The Best Music of 2023, According to Pitchfork Readers | Pitchfork

Didn't expect The Grants, Kintsugi and Fingertips to make the list over some other album favorites.

Yeah interesting huh? But I get it these songs really are on another level...

Lana has 5 songs on the reader-voted top 50 songs list (A&W and title track besides these three), the most of any artist.

6 hours ago, Jared said:

The Best Music of 2023, According to Pitchfork Readers | Pitchfork

Didn't expect The Grants, Kintsugi and Fingertips to make the list over some other album favorites.

good songs for a playlist, there are some I have not listened yet :bop:

5 hours ago, honeyslow said:

Yeah interesting huh? But I get it these songs really are on another level...

Lana has 5 songs on the reader-voted top 50 songs list (A&W and title track besides these three), the most of any artist.

And A&W is on top

this album is truly next level… i’m sorry but like it might even go on to surpass nfr for me (someday, that is). every song is just a masterpiece to me, including Judah Smith Interlude. i feel like there was just so much love, work, and detail put into this album in particular. idk maybe im just hyperfixating on it and obsessing a little hard. but still, it’s a great album and perfect for the colder months. love u lanaaaaa 

giphy.gif