Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

I'm so proud at this album and Lana :oprah:

It's such a classic and one of her best in her discography imo and while there is variety it still feels like it belongs together,  we go through some darker heartwrenching really personal themes but in the end the light literally shines in:wowcry:

I really love to see the appreciation it gets because it deserves. The surprising smash hits it has oh next step is going to be a Grammy sweep:smile:

I just can't believe what she said in the interview yesterday that this album just came to her, this is another proof that Lana is meant to make music and that she is such a genius and how talented she is. Also the way this era is feeding us really good so far :oprah: Thank you Lanita and everyone being involved for creating this amazing record :heart:

Didn't wanted to say that much but it turned into a tiny love letter to this album :flutter:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

tbh I think this is my fav Lana album. If I could only listen to one Lana album for the rest of my life, it would be this one. I love every track, even the interludes. I do enjoy her interludes even though I know most don't enjoy them (mostly Judah smith lol). They add more personality and context to the album. It's the most diverse in sound of all her albums and has everything I could want in a Lana album; deep introspective lyrics, existential, spiritual, experimental elements, and some bops of course :sass: 

I used to not be a huge fan of all the piano Ballards, but they've definitely grown on me. Out of all her albums, this one has the most songs that make me cry like a baby lol. When I'm listening to this album, it sounds like I'm listening to the inner thoughts in her brain, it's truly earned a special place in my heart :xcry:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

I was listening to Kintsugi this morning and while she was singing "that's how the light shines in" the sun came out. Magical :wowcry:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

ive kind of changed my opinion on the interludes, i used to skip the judah smith one bc it made me really uncomfortable, i was not a huge fan of being made listen to a religious preacher and also that's nothing like what I would have heard in my church growing up so it sounded bizarre to me.

I see it for what it is now, its very meaningful and artistic and i almost like the way it makes so many of us uncomfortable. there's a lot of layers to it, idk id encourage some of u who hated it like me to give it another chance, im not religious but i am spiritual, and there's lessons to be learned in all religions whether you agree with them or not, and this is a nice one. it contextually develops this album nicely too, i wish i could have had the full album experience with this interlude on the first listen! maybe everyone else has already had this but I was an avid skipper until about a while ago

giphy.gif

while previous albums feel like a top shelf exquisite meal, OB is like a full dinner in Micheline-star restaurant :smile: this diversity of songs is like we have delicious starters, soups, main courses, desserts and various drinks :true: 

41 minutes ago, love deluxe said:

lanaboards users finally understanding that this is indeed her best album yup :oprah4:

I'm so ahead of my time.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

bro, "Let the Light In" is smashing. I wonder if her team is AWARE. The power that that has, the intelligence that that has, the clearance that that has, the access that that has, the influence that that has, the profile that that has, the international implications that that has.