Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

Hope she doesn’t get too much criticism for it, she can’t do anything without it being blown out of proportion :icant: her reply to the insta comment might’ve come off a bit iffy, but she’s clearly just saying she feels like she could relate and she’s paying homage to her 

the song itself talks about putting yourself in bad situations, knowing somethings not good for you but doing it anyway. Having that type of mindset being a young woman in Hollywood.. well yeah.. 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

1 minute ago, ShadesOfFool said:

they're saying she's glamorizing abuse again omg we won :grinds:

Nature is healing :oopna2:

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

Can I just say the vibes in this post-release are infinitely better than they were in the pre-release. Ocean Blvd really healed us :xcry:

Just now, burthday kake said:

i do:trisha: but i sense she's becoming the Beautiful/LMLYLAW scapegoat of his album on here... GIRLS GET BEHIND ME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!:trisha:

LMLYLAW TRUTHER :read: WHICH MEANS I'M A BEAUTIFUL TRUTHER :read: WHICH MEANS I'M A SWEET TRUTHER :read:

Capture.jpg

idk if someone wrote that cause i wasn't read everything but title tunnel is for me kind of wanderlust through all memories and experiences like suicides, death close people, not necessary positive things + mentioning things like rape, sexual assault, breakups, getting older. LTLI is moment when she's getting out of the tunnel and seeing daylight- hope. she's sure that things is going to better. the last songs on album are more upbeat, she's happier and enjoying life.

judging by her "where do we go from here ending" comment, i think she's going to reinvent history à la tarantino in once upon a time in Hollywood with sharon tate, which is much more tasteful 

43 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

I don’t see anything wrong with her being inspired by Black Dahlia as long as it is respectful. Like she literally recreated the JFK assassination and was inspired by Jim Jones for music videos in the past so I don’t think it is anything worse 

not to mention the references to the manson family in heroin, she's always referenced dark, tragic events and figures, this really isn't anything new

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

1 minute ago, palemoonbaby said:

LTLI is moment when she's getting out of the tunnel and seeing daylight- hope. she's sure that things is going to better. the last songs on album are more upbeat, she's happier and enjoying life.

OMG I literally didn't make this connection I love the idea of "Let The Light In" being a sort of double-entendre on the tracklist that signifies the light at the end of the tunnel :wub: