Chris Cuomo

Katy Perry

14 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

So i mean if you really pretend the lead single doesn't exist, the era hasn't started for us yet and i can still be excited if you think about it :shock2: 

and when the album drops we'll just pretend it didn't :trisha4:

sig-cropped.png

This thread is getting slightly ridiculous…she released a mid-song with a POS producer, but based on the reviews and sentiment here you’d think she violated the Geneva Convention:runs:

I’m sure there will be bops on the album. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

Do someone know where to listen to the demo version (or was it an ai ?) ? The snippet I heard was quite good, but the studio version sounds way too generic for me.

I found it, I don't know if it is AI

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

10 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

Honestly, as horrible and painful as the song is, still better than anything Sabrina Carpenter has ever made. We need to start carrying the same energy people love to have for Katy for every mediocre, shitty release nowadays Taylor, Swift, Sabrina Carpenter, Tate McRae all of these mediocre flavorless girls, releasing Tik Tok music.... Katy is obviously jumping on the bandwagon here... but somebody else driving the cart.... Like the nuance is that it’s better than a jack Harlow, or any other flavorless United States radio pop music, but it’s not a good song at all. And I’ve already heard it on the radio twice today. I don’t know if everybody knows this, but in the west, it’s usually the shittiest and most simple mediocre songs that get played five times a day on the radio because labels are able to pay for promotional slots. the only reason the song might be semi-successful is the sheer amount of payola and label foot work being done. It sucks that she’s beyond sold out with this latest move. Sue me, but I believe that the witness era was much too ahead of its time, and all of the concepts and deconstruction of poppy enigma that happened almost feels like it was just thrown to the wind. I know witness is not the most well received album in history, but the message is good it’s clear and it’s cohesive. What we are now beholding is somebody who has no other ideas than to cater to what is currently selling. It sucks to see somebody who used to be as impactful and iconic as Katy Perry fall so far from Grace and still be denied ever doing the right things, the right way ever again. Because she really CAN do the right things. Some of the snippets sound great, but she wanted to cause a stir with this lead single and I'm not exactly okay with the whole reason. Like it's something that didn't need to be givin' more credence and whatever Katy is gonna get flack for, it's going to be 10x hotter of a topic. She knew that and she knew the conversation wouldn't be drowned out and that's why i'm really conflicted about the lead. Bad taste for the beginning of the era, complete shill move. And it was in no world going to "make music love katy again" or anything..

Your very own QFTC omg

18 hours ago, DemonMic2003 said:

Tasteless

it's not my fault that Harleys In Hawaii is better but keep going... :oprah3:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Also, not an ageist in the slightest. (I'm all up for Madonna shaking her booty at 60+. F*ck it.)

That being said, I just want to celebrate how much more youthful and prettier Lana looks compared to Katy when they're about the same age. 

Hope this is okay to point out?

6 hours ago, Mer said:

This thread is getting slightly ridiculous…she released a mid-song with a POS producer, but based on the reviews and sentiment here you’d think she violated the Geneva Convention:runs:

I’m sure there will be bops on the album. 

I agree with you that there has to be at least one song on this album that will be good. I honestly would have loved to love her comeback. 

But let’s just say that her new single has « dated » written all over it, visuals included. The production, with the Hot and Cold percussions and the pseudo feminist anthem, it doesn’t sound very 2024. To choose Woman’s World has a « big comeback single » was clearly not a good decision. I guess our collective expectations were way too high on that one, but both her label and her had built up the hype for something very mid. 

what baffles me about a-listers like katy coming out with absolute pure dogshit is that they could hire a team of talented writers to come out with good music for them, but they choose not to. she could pull a beyonce and have a writing room of the most talented singers, songwriters and producers to come up with a decade-defining album, but chooses not to. she chose to release this god awful song. that's so evil to me. having the resources to do something good and still choosing not to. so fucking insane. 

6 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

But let’s just say that her new single has « dated » written all over it, visuals included. The production, with the Hot and Cold percussions and the pseudo feminist anthem, it doesn’t sound very 2024.

I believe this was the point.

IMG-3521.jpg

Well I guess my hopes of Katy having a huge comeback after years of flopping like Madonna’s Ray of Light isn’t coming true (I’m just comparing because M was about the same age when that happened and she also had a daughter). I was never really a stan, but her music was part of my tween years, and it would’ve been good for pop music to have, you know, more good music :oprah3:

But yeah. She could hire kickass producers and songwriters, and give us something more substantial about motherhood, feminine sexuality and even female mental health. But she chose performative feminism and not even good performative feminism at that :brigitte:

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚ if you can't stand the heat, then stay out of the fire, or you might get what you desire boy ˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

11 minutes ago, Lasso said:

Well I guess my hopes of Katy having a huge comeback after years of flopping like Madonna’s Ray of Light isn’t coming true (I’m just comparing because M was about the same age when that happened and she also had a daughter). I was never really a stan, but her music was part of my tween years, and it would’ve been good for pop music to have, you know, more good music :oprah3:

But yeah. She could hire kickass producers and songwriters, and give us something more substantial about motherhood, feminine sexuality and even female mental health. But she chose performative feminism and not even good performative feminism at that :brigitte:

Also, you can't tell me the Katy x Taylor fight saga didn't leave bad tastes in people's mouths and people are haaaaardcore Taylor stans. Unfortunately, Katy waited too long to release music and it's been what, 4 years? How many "comebacks" can she have before she's done? The same as J Lo? 3? 4? I can't tell if this song is 4-5 years old and sat on a shelf all that time because it sounds like it or if she's just bad at writing or whoever the team is that wrote this was bad, or if it was written by AI. It gives AI level bad writing. 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

It's not any better or worse than most of her singles so like it's funny how people were expecting something deeper from her. I honestly wont be surprised if this ends up being her hit post-Witness. It gets people talking, and a lot of eyes (and ears) are on her compared to everything she's done during Smile era.

It would be funny if it does end up being a hit though, like it will just prove that internet discourse is one huge echo chamber, and I kinda want it to happen for the shear hilarity of it all. 

SHE'S CALLING WOMAN'S WORLD SATIRE :eartha:

girl just say it's terrible, we know already

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole