Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

11 hours ago, sthalcyon said:

No but you have to imagine LDR10 being inspired lyrically & sonically by the top ten in her discography:

Coachella

Don’t Call Me Angel

In My Feelings

Guns And Roses

The Other Woman

Beautiful

Blue Velvet

Lucky Ones

Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood

A simple and beautiful 10-track album featuring all of the peaks in her songwriting and sonic abilities like the songs listed above. A folk-trap-desert-surf-pop-rock album with the deep and well thought out socio-political writing she exhibited on Coachella with raspy Stevie & husky Nikki as features AND Drew Erikson executive producing the whole thing…......an ABSOLUTE dream :flutter:

the way I really LOVE these songs. :bitchfight:

Its crazy to me that not only is she the greatest singer/songwriter and artist of all time but she is constantly putting out music for her fans 

How often does an artist this good be SO active??

Everyday she breathes and continues to create we are literally witnessing history, a pivotal moment in time

100 years from now, gays from all over the world will be looking back and WISHING they were us, hi ladies! tears-crying.gif

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

3 hours ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

Its crazy to me that not only is she the greatest singer/songwriter and artist of all time but she is constantly putting out music for her fans 

Everyday she breathes and continues to create we are literally witnessing history, a pivotal moment in time

100 years from now, gays from all over the world will be looking back and WISHING they were us, hi ladies! tears-crying.gif

we're the bestest we really are imagine that 7rzZcSa.gif glamorous 

UV/Honeymoon

On 8/9/2023 at 12:26 AM, mindofyouwithmeTHANKU1moretime said:

Manifesting once the festival shows conclude she posts a snippet and begins teasing us:hooker:. Some tidbits from an insider would be lovely, as well:hooker:. I’m so excited to see which producers she’s working with:lolliney: 

your username is the BEST HAHAHAHA :rip:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

7 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Was just listening to High by the Beach.

Does anyone think Lana will ever release a straight-up pop song ala High, Doin' Time, Summertime Sadness, Love, etc?

I wouldn’t call any of those straight up pop songs but I’d say it’s a definite that she’ll release more songs like the ones you mentioned

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

2 hours ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

I wouldn’t call any of those straight up pop songs but I’d say it’s a definite that she’ll release more songs like the ones you mentioned

maybe not straight up bubblegum pop or anything, but yeah they’re definitely pop-structured, made-for-radio songs 

i do hope she releases even just a few more of those though, they’re always fun, and it’s been quite a while since we got one

6 hours ago, barttttender said:

Was just listening to High by the Beach.

Does anyone think Lana will ever release a straight-up pop song ala High, Doin' Time, Summertime Sadness, Love, etc?

She released Peppers and made zero efforts to promote it, so dont think its even a thing about the song being more or less commercial, she's just thinking about other stuff.

On 8/8/2023 at 7:48 PM, Terrence Loves Me said:

She’s truly is a gay icon. She’s never explicitly stated her sexuality, but she’s always been an ally and isn’t afraid to show some love to the girlies lmao. The fashion, the religious struggles in her music, the longing and yearning and confusion of figuring out your path while trying to remind yourself you’re still beautiful. I am a drag artist and a lot of lanas music has helped me express myself so much, and I resonate a lot with people saying lana is a “persona”, because she’s not. Matching your name and style to your aesthetic doesn’t take away the fact that the art I portray is me in my most honest form. I don’t know how I’d ever thank her enough if I ever got the chance to meet her in passing. She could retire now and would still go down as a legend, some people have numbers, but she has longevity. GAY RIGHTS! 

from one side i want monster surf pop album but i'm going always manifesting psychedelic trippy insane desert rock/alt-rock/shoegaze vibes mixed with moody dream pop, country and singer-songwritter influences :wub:

i even made cover for that (it appears my neighbour's cat)

kro.png

Just now, palemoonbaby said:

kro.png

And this is going to be the album's name too :true: (also nice edit!)

url%5D

46 minutes ago, palemoonbaby said:

from one side i want monster surf pop album but i'm going always manifesting psychedelic trippy insane desert rock/alt-rock/shoegaze vibes mixed with moody dream pop, country and singer-songwritter influences :wub:

kro.png

it really reminds me of that one fiona apple album cover lol!

Tidal (album) - Wikipedia

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

On 8/8/2023 at 5:08 AM, Blue Ink said:

Tbh I always thought Lust For Life sounded a little too on the nose, or too "flat", whatever. It's the sister of live laugh love. White Hot Forever would have really fit Lana I think. Other than that all album titles are iconic.  

the Iggy Pop reference is iconic considering songs like Heroin Change and Coachella

also shares a name w a 50s film based on the life of Van Gogh which is so her vibe