bambi eyes

movies that changed your life?

i really need some good movies to add to my watchlist, so i made this thread for you guys to share some movies that changed your life / perspective on life, or just movies that you really like!! 

here are my favs, btw!!

-i, tonya (2017)
-catch me if you can (2002)

-my girl (1991)

-revenge of the sith (2005)

-the virgin suicides (1999)

-taxi driver (1976)

:wink:

˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

last fm 

soundcloud

Some of my favorites are Lady Bird, a star is born (1954 version), call me by your name, almost famous, mermaids, silver linings playbook. And my comfort movie is Bridesmaids- that one didn’t change my life, but it always makes me laugh and it’s one of my favorites. :)

too personal, so here's a film I know somehow resonates

"I was in the winter of my life, and the men I met along the road were my only summer.
At night I fell asleep with visions of myself, dancing and laughing and crying with them.
Three years down the line of being on an endless world tour, and my memories of them were the only things that sustained me, and my only real happy times.
I was a singer - not a very popular one,
I once had dreams of becoming a beautiful poet, but upon an unfortunate series of events saw those dreams dashed and divided like a million stars in the night sky that I wished on over and over again, sparkling and broken.
But I didn't really mind because I knew that it takes getting everything you ever wanted, and then losing it to know what true freedom is.
When the people I used to know found out what I had been doing, how I'd been living, they asked me why - but there's no use in talking to people who have home.
They have no idea what it's like to seek safety in other people - for home to be wherever you lay your head.
I was always an unusual girl.
My mother told me I had a chameleon soul, no moral compass pointing due north, no fixed personality; just an inner indecisiveness that was as wide and as wavering as the ocean...
And if I said I didn't plan for it to turn out this way I'd be lying...
Because I was born to be the other woman.
Who belonged to no one, who belonged to everyone.
Who had nothing, who wanted everything, with a fire for every experience and an obsession for freedom that terrified me to the point that I couldn't even talk about it, and pushed me to a nomadic point of madness that both dazzled and dizzied me.
Every night I used to pray that I'd find my people, and finally I did on the open road.
We had nothing to lose, nothing to gain, nothing we desired anymore, except to make our lives into a work of art.
Live fast. Die young. Be wild. And have fun.
I believe in the country America used to be.
I believe in the person I want to become.
I believe in the freedom of the open road.
And my motto is the same as ever:
"I believe in the kindness of strangers. And when I'm at war with myself I ride, I just ride."
Who are you?
Are you in touch with all of your darkest fantasies?
Have you created a life for yourself where you can experience them?
I have. I am fucking crazy.
But I am free."

UV/Honeymoon

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

3 minutes ago, Unidentified Major Tom said:

Mulholland Dr.

Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind

The Nightmare before Christmas

Lost in translation

ESOTSM is on my bucket list

I hope I'm gonna like it, my hopes are high now that you mentioned it here :popcorn:

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

"the bucket list" with Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson 

"Finding Forrester" with Sean Connery

"The Intouchables" with Omar Sy

I use to watch these with students in my ethic lessons, talking about happiness, sense of life and friendship. I am always hypnotized again, although I have seen each of them 20 times now, lol. 

It was expensive watch it 

Marie Antoinette

Pride & Prejudice (the one with Keira Knightley)

^ These two introduced me to period dramas when I was a pre-teen and I’ve since then loved watching them, even though several I’ve seen aren’t very good). I watched the over and over and over again. Marie Antoinette made me obsessed over the French Revolution, and I remember knowing more about it than my classmates when we covered it in history class. (I also read “The rose of Versailles”, a classic manga, which influenced my drawing style a bit!)

The Godfather 1 and 2 Pacino’s acting is perfect, silent (especially in the first movie) but the eyes say so much. Watching Michael Corleone turn from a decent guy into a cool and collected gangster who controls every little detail is fascinating. I really do believe his biggest love was Apollonia and everything after the incident made him who he becomes later. I want to be someone’s Apollonia someday.

Spirited Away My first Ghibli movie. It’s just amazing. Definitely a source of inspiration when I was drawing as a kid.

Princess Mononoke Another Ghibli film, love this one because it shows that mankind and nature needs to learn how to coexist. The evil isn’t necessarily all evil, and the good aren’t always seen as good to others. It’s complex, and oh, so beautiful.

Those have “changed” my life, but there are other films I really appreciate a lot too. :3

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I wouldn't say that these were life changing but definitely had some kind of impact on me, at least when I was younger:

Movies: The Sound Of Music, Bridget Jones' Diary, The Devil Wears Prada

Series: Breaking Bad, Grey's Anatomy, The Mentalist (especially this one, this drove me insane, totally obsessive lol)

url%5D

43 minutes ago, Mer said:

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

I love this one, too. 

Btw, since Lana Fans might be interested in stories including age gaps in relationship, "easy virtue" with Jessica Biel and Colin Firth is amazing. 😍

It was expensive watch it 

I wouldn't say any have changed my life, but these have stuck with me and remain my favourites 

• In the Mood for Love
  • Samsara and Baraka
  • Undertow (Contracorriente) 
  • Blue is the Warmest Colour 
  • Godfather Part 1 & 2 
  • Aftersun 
  • Apocalypse Now
  • Grave of the Fireflies

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide

51 minutes ago, southbeachswing said:

White oleander is one of my favorite movies and ive been meaning to rewatch it since lana posted that video of her listening to the audiobook.. :xcry:

I love this book, but I haven’t seen the movie. Will check it out. 

5 minutes ago, Embach said:

I wouldn't say that these were life changing but definitely had some kind of impact on me, at least when I was younger:

Movies: The Sound Of Music, Bridget Jones' Diary, The Devil Wears Prada

Series: Breaking Bad, Grey's Anatomy, The Mentalist (especially this one, this drove me insane, totally obsessive lol)

I’ve seen bridget Jones diary probably 50+ times lol and I just started a grey’s anatomy rewatch not that long ago :) 

4 minutes ago, gatadelrey said:

I love this book, but I haven’t seen the movie. Will check it out. 

I’ve seen bridget Jones diary probably 50+ times lol and I just started a grey’s anatomy rewatch not that long ago :) 

I've seen all three Bridget Jones movies like many many times too :) I stopped watched Grey's but the actors and the older seasons still have my heart

url%5D