Make me your Dream Life

Songs/ Music That's Changed Your Life?

I got into Lana late, inbetween lfl and nfr, (although in fairness i was like 10 when btd dropped). I remember listening to Get Free after randomly clicking a youtube video of creep and seeing comments about the lawsuit, thinking get free was better, and then playing Heroin and feeling ….. indescribable. I was like *oh*. So this is how good music can be. I feel like I have a before and after of perspective on music with her. Heroin will always be special to be.

Otherwise/before her, Halsey really jump started my life as a online music stan. I also listened to David Bowie like religiously, mainly before Lana.

I actually think that Emma Louise and her music was truly the one that changed my life. I think thanks to her I started listening to alternative music and thanks to her I rediscovered Lana again and here I am. I think thanks to Emma, I found my style, my taste and my aesthetic. I even started learning guitar because of her. I sometimes wonder that if I hadn't discovered her, where would I be now...

url%5D

The "stripped" album by Christina Aguilera. Helped me finding my way and coping with prejudices. Made me a fighter 😉

And Kylie Minogue's music. She made me interested in fashion and made me travel alone for the first time, to see her concerts. 

And a Greek singer I made a website about. Through this website I got to know my know husband, 16 years ago 🙈 I also traveled abroad alone for the first time to see her live. 

It was expensive watch it 

there are so many but def across the universe by the beatles .. "nothings gonna change my world" .. that soothing sentiment. 

it doesn't matter what bad experiences you've lived through - none of it has to define you

it doesn't matter what someone else tells you you are or ought to be, how to live - you can reject it & follow your own soul

it's all about personal perspective- nothing is gonna change my world... except me <3 

:pussypower::pussypower::pussypower:

This is what makes us girls & I was all over her. Though, the one that has really changed my life was Her Last Words on yt.... if yk yk

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make up my mind so I don't have to decide"

https://www.last.fm/user/fakeeyelash13- my last fm <33

“Dear Prudence” by The Beatles. I discovered that song when I was really questioning my major in school, and who I wanted to be—and on top of all this I was still closeted. So the lines “won’t you come out and play” kind of became a way for me to just leave my bed and take it step by step. So glad I did. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

Young And Beautiful from Maleficent, Which led me to this great underground singer Lana Del Rey, Have you heard of her?

Enjoy The Silence - It’s Perfect.

Genesis by Justice, I had already fallen in love with Synth pop thanks to Eurythmics, Madonna, Aqua etc. But I fell head over heels for the album † & my love for Electronic Music Spiraled…

Closer by Nine Inch Nails - Words cannot describe my love for this song, I even made a thread here devoted to it’s mashups & samples.

Check It Out by Nicki Minaj:

“Man, I can't even count all of these hundreds
Duffel bag every time I go to SunTrust
I leave the rest just to collect interest
I mean interest, fuck my nemesis” - Fan for life. Also broadened my taste in Rap which had only been the King, Eminem.

But to artists such as Lil Kim, MIA, Azealia and more!

California Gurls - The first time I was able to listen to a non country station, I was like I think she sang hot and cold.

Faith by George Michael.

Start to finish this album has soothed my soul countless times, He was an Angel.

OK

I’m going to stop now…

:ma:

IMG-3521.jpg

Definitely Lana was the first. In 2012 Summertime Sadness, BTD and Carmen actually changed my life because of her imagery (previously all singers that i were drawn to were goth and rock queens like Amy Lee) to how deep she sang (i always wanted to sing those belting high notes vut am NOT a soprano, and had never heard a strong alto voice besides Shirley Manson), to the themes of death and destruction (always my preferred themes in music lol, but had never heard it in pop music before). Only those few songs could show me everything and I was just taken.

No other discovery since then has really changed me except maybe Grimes and Nostalghia the following year. Nostalghia continues to change me with all her releases.

2 hours ago, burthday kake said:

there are so many but def across the universe by the beatles .. "nothings gonna change my world" .. that soothing sentiment. 

it doesn't matter what bad experiences you've lived through - none of it has to define you

it doesn't matter what someone else tells you you are or ought to be, how to live - you can reject it & follow your own soul

it's all about personal perspective- nothing is gonna change my world... except me <3 

:pussypower::pussypower::pussypower:

this is a song i often forget about but every time i hear it this is my exact thought :’) i’ve never cared much about the beatles as much as i try to but fiona apple’s cover really gets me good sometimes 

giphy.gif

Lana. I feel like there were times where she saved me, and kinda was my best friend

Currently I’ve been thinking a lot of Fighter by Christina Aguilera. It’s always been a favorite, but it’s coming to a new meaning to me

When I was a teenager, I bought collector's books with tapes of classical music (and background information on the artist) that somehow fascinated me. Since then, classical music has been my favorite for many years, and I listened to a lot of Mozart, Beethoven, and others.

A few years ago, I gave my dad a guitar book because he used to play the guitar when he was younger. The book contained the 100 most famous folk songs, and I downloaded all of them as mp3s and got into folk music that way.

M!ssundaztood by P!nk was one of the first albums that really struck a chord with me. I had recently started HS when it came out. There was a lot of f*ed up stuff going on in my family and it evoked so many emotions. Family Portrait, especially. I ended up seeing her in concert shortly thereafter. It was the first concert I went to and it had a profound effect on me.

Stripped by Christina Aguilera came out the next year in 2002. This time the lyrics gave me confidence and strength to power through difficult changes in my life, including my first toxic relationship/breakup. I played that record to death and I really should revisit it. It’s been a while. 

Fallen by Evanescence is another album that helped me get through the struggles of HS. And my emo phase lol. I remember writing a paper on Everybody’s Fool, a song that spoke to me about some of those who betrayed me in dark times in my life. 

Switching gears, Pink Floyd became the first artist to have a truly transformative impact on my life. I had a very sheltered childhood and moving out, and going to college, was one of those key moments in life. I first discovered Dark Side of the Moon after the band had an unexpected reunion at Live 8, the last time they all played together. The lyrics (in DSOTM) about life, fears, struggles and death were very thought-provoking. I quickly discovered the rest of their library. Aside from the lyrics, I really appreciate the depth of their music, the progressive nature of it. Gilmour’s drawn out solos invoke feelings and emotions that feel otherworldly. 

Seeing David Gilmour and Richard Wright in concert at Radio City Music Hall my freshman year in college was something else. It was one of the top experiences of my life. I got lost in the show, it was one of my first trips to NYC and the venue was incredible. Seeing that performance in such an intimate venue with the light show truly moved me. Wright died only a couple of years later and I feel very fortunate to see them when I did. 

I would see Roger a few years later for some shows. His performance of The Wall was another one of those profound moments in my life. 

I was Pink Floyd obsessed for many years. I still am, but I discovered Lana in 2013 and that forever changed the course of my musical interests. Summertime Sadness was pivotal in helping me make a life changing decision. Although I’ve since become an obsessive stan, it seemed to be a slow, gradual process. 

During the pandemic, I went back and revisited her library. While I was already a fan, the extra time allowed me to explore her work more deeply. I re-listened to tracks that I had previously glossed over. I may not love every single song she’s released, but I can tell you that I appreciate her in all of her different eras. 

Seeing her in concert for the first time last month was the highlight of my year. I’ve become very isolated in recent years. It was my first concert since 2018 and the whole experience was unlike anything else I’ve experienced. It’s as if it started a new chapter in my life. I’m not becoming an extrovert or anything, but it was the first time I’ve been out in crowds like that since the pandemic and it was beautiful. (Even though I don’t usually care for large crowds)

My wallet hasn’t been happy, but I saw her last week and I’ll see her one more time tomorrow before I probably take a pause from concerts for a while. I can’t keep spending so much money, but it’s all been so worth it. 

I struggle with showing emotions. I don’t have many close friends or family members. Music is one of those escapes that has helped me through so much. Whether it’s Lana’s art speaking to me, Gilmour’s note bending letting me feel emotions I could never express, or other lyrics giving me strength and courage, music has had a profound influence on my life.  

C9-EB944-D-53-AE-42-A7-A3-CE-EF6-DA48879