BartenderDeco

Lana signed an open letter to President Joe Biden, thanking him for his ‘leadership’ and calling for the release of all Hamas hostages.

38 minutes ago, barttttender said:

I have so much respect for some of these celebrities. It takes balls to speak out against Israel in an industry with so many Jews. I can imagine the number of roles diminishing after this.

Even Alyssa Milano - when was the last time she got any major roles? Well done.

ma'am can you stop with the antisemitic tropes about show business? it's really not helping your cause. There are multiple Jewish people on the second letter, and several gentiles on the first. You sound like David Duke when you and the gurl who said she'll definitely win a Grammy now. Just nasty ignorant repugnant rhetoric.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

22 minutes ago, Candy Necklace said:

I see this going 1 of 2 ways- 

She posts something saying she didn’t know the full context and she also stands with Palestine/she wants peace for everyone.

or she posts a 5 minute video doubling down on why she signed this.

i need ben and ed to take away her phone cause neither option (backtracking or doubling down) is not gonna please everyone  :deadbanana:

giphy.gif

This is seriously disappointing but unsurprising. I’m giving her the benefit of the doubt that she doesn’t understand the situation entirely but that’s still part of the problem. I think this is the case with a lot of celebrities, they are out of touch and also the pro Israel propaganda is crazy strong in the USA. 

i'm gonna go ahead and redact my comment because i now see the situation isn't just black and white anymore. i'm starting to see why it wasn't just about choosing sides. 

Edited by babetteateoatmeal

violets in your eyes

Why would I care what any of those ppl (including Lana) have to say about the Israeli-Palestinian war? Can we stop looking to entertainers with barely any real degrees as experts on international relations? 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

1 hour ago, Three White Butterflies said:

what song did she put out about hating America because I’ve never heard it and I’ve literally heard every Lana Del Rey song. The problem with younger generations is they rely on celebrities and influencers for information. It’s really important to be responsible and informed and conduct your own research, find reputable sources, and read historically accurate books in order to understand what’s happening around us and why. Putting all of that weight on a celebrity is extremely irresponsible they are entertainers and artists not international diplomats brokering war resolutions and hostages. 

no one's relying on Lana Del Rey to form our political opinions or news sources we just think her politics are generally embarrassing.

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

i’m sorry i’m pretty out of the loop with whatever’s going on because i don’t read about wars, the only things i know are from social media posts i read for 2 seconds and then can’t stomach the rest. so forgive me if anything comes off ignorant but isn’t the letter she signed just about hostages in israel? and it also acknowledges hostages in palestine? and then it says “we all want freedom for israelis and palestinians to live side by side in peace”? 

how is any of that a bad thing? 

giphy.gif

Just now, bigspender said:

i’m sorry i’m pretty out of the loop with whatever’s going on because i don’t read about wars, the only things i know are from social media posts i read for 2 seconds and then can’t stomach the rest. so forgive me if anything comes off ignorant but isn’t the letter she signed just about hostages in israel? and it also acknowledges hostages in palestine? and then it says “we all want freedom for israelis and palestinians to live side by side in peace”? 

how is any of that a bad thing? 

i’m in the same boat. the thing with the signatures was about the hostages….. it wasn’t choosing sides from my interpretation… 

1 minute ago, paradisetropico said:

i’m in the same boat. the thing with the signatures was about the hostages….. it wasn’t choosing sides from my interpretation… 

that’s exactly what i’m thinking. i don’t think it’s necessarily bad that she signed it because what i’m seeing they said good things? i’m always anti war and it sounds pretty anti war. 

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, Mer said:

Why would I care what any of those ppl (including Lana) have to say about the Israeli-Palestinian war? Can we stop looking to entertainers with barely any real degrees as experts on international relations? 

I know it's so weird. It's like the question portion of Miss America! "Miss Grant, how would you solve the Panama Canal Crisis while hosting a tea party? You have 60 seconds."

5 minutes ago, bigspender said:

that’s exactly what i’m thinking. i don’t think it’s necessarily bad that she signed it because what i’m seeing they said good things? i’m always anti war and it sounds pretty anti war. 

yeah my thoughts as well. its one of the most innocuous posts I've seen.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

who cares, celebrities opinions are only publicized because you all are giving it room to be. it's weird how people want her to make a statement too. what, just for people to go off on her? again? LMAO the woman who gets all the criticism already. fuck off

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

12 minutes ago, Mer said:

That's true, they're not politicians but many of these entertainers have young fans who don't have that much of knowledge about world politics and they look up to those people like Lana and they might think that "if they are supporting them, I will support too"

url%5D

9 minutes ago, Embach said:

That's true, they're not politicians but many of these entertainers have young fans who don't have that much of knowledge about world politics and they look up to those people like Lana and they might think that "if they are supporting them, I will support too"

I agree, and also I want to jump on this and say that as public figures celebrities have the responsibility to point out and fight social injustices and bring awareness of a literal genocide because they have the influence to be able to spread word and bring light to the situation and spread education on it . 

Hard politics on LB is crazy to me. On the internet tbh. Y'all being disappointed by Lana for what? For a topic most of y'all don't even understand. Where was the Lana praise when it was known that she donated her tour money to the cities she performed in? Celebrate that and kindly fuck off. 

Tbh I think she needs to spend some time with her anarchist uncle and become radicalized. Her engaging with two party politics is pretty much the only thing I dislike about her, because sensible folks know that [war] criminals run the world… 

AB6-A338-F-93-FB-4-E32-8-E3-A-565-A67-D9

Speaking about Lana's politics I thought it was awesome when she was wearing a see through mask. Wasn't following her at the time, but boy was that funny. She did donate a third of a million dollars for fresh water to a reservation, helped a middle eastern family get to the USA, and other stuff, so it's not like she is completely out of touch. She definitely cares and she's definitely way smarter than people like Britney spears or Taylor swift. 😄