Elle

Grammy Awards 2024 - Lana Del Rey Nominated for 5 Awards

normally at the Grammies I notice a mixture of undeserved, wildcard and deserved wins.

some years cater more to one of those themes rather than a mix. But at the same time it’s anyones guess who wins.

So I mean, don’t be tooooo disappointed if Janelle Monae gets AOTY (wildcard) and Taylor gets best pop duo or whatever it is (karma, undeserved lmao) etc or whatever.

regardless, I do see Lana as a STRONG contender for best alt song, AOTY and alt album. I really hope she gets her long awaited justice 

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

1 hour ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

normally at the Grammies I notice a mixture of undeserved, wildcard and deserved wins.

some years cater more to one of those themes rather than a mix. But at the same time it’s anyones guess who wins.

So I mean, don’t be tooooo disappointed if Janelle Monae gets AOTY (wildcard) and Taylor gets best pop duo or whatever it is (karma, undeserved lmao) etc or whatever.

regardless, I do see Lana as a STRONG contender for best alt song, AOTY and alt album. I really hope she gets her long awaited justice 

alt album is what she's getting.

So… this year she was openly involved in the process of submitting herself for the nominations and she even did some kind of personal campaign (singing online for the academy)

hate to be that person but it seems like signing that letter was a calculated move to please the academy (as they openly support israel) and it seems like its worked 

if she wins it will for sure be a bittersweet moment for me

8 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

So… this year she was openly involved in the process of submitting herself for the nominations and she even did some kind of personal campaign (singing online for the academy)

hate to be that person but it seems like signing that letter was a calculated move to please the academy (as they openly support israel) and it seems like its worked 

I really think she did that because of her boyfriend, cuz he signed that letter too.

But talking about that submitting and things, my question is that, wasn't her music really submitted before? Every year her music had been submitted to different categories, we have seen that right? The process behind that must be complicated ig...

url%5D

1 hour ago, venicebitch said:

The voting period for nominations had already ended when that letter came out. 

4 hours ago, Embach said:

I really think she did that because of her boyfriend, cuz he signed that letter too.

But talking about that submitting and things, my question is that, wasn't her music really submitted before? Every year her music had been submitted to different categories, we have seen that right? The process behind that must be complicated ig...

who is her boyfriend? evan?

This is so well deserved, and it feels even more special stemming from such a personal and complex project. Have a really good feeling she will take something home this time. I’ve never been one to truly care about award shows, but when it comes to Lanita, this kind of recognition is long overdue. :bang:

15 hours ago, FredRed said:

Congratulations to Lana! We love you with or without a Grammy. 

On another note does anyone know the thread about not being able to like a post anymore? I have lost that ability. 

My like function works now! Someone did something. 

I'd like to thank the Academy. 

(Just practicing for Lana)

After all the hatred the media has shown her since BTD, it's interesting to me that they nominate her for a Grammy for something called American Whore, especially all the other changes that have taken place with Lana since 2012. 

If they drag her there and leave her empty handed again I’m genuinely gonna start a protest of unparalleled proportions. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

32 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

After all the hatred the media has shown her since BTD, it's interesting to me that they nominate her for a Grammy for something called American Whore, especially all the other changes that have taken place with Lana since 2012. 

I guess most of the nominators don't know what A&W stands for and haven't listened to any of the entries