Elle

Grammy Awards 2024 - Lana Del Rey Nominated for 5 Awards

8 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

A bit off topic but… I love Miley but ESV is so bad. I gave it another chance last night and I had to stop by track 10. Imagine if it wins AOTY 😭

Please. ESV is never going to win album of the year, and im a big miley fan.  i see her nomination as more of a “hey miley we don’t hate you anymore!” rather than a “miley you released a good album!” 

It’s a pretty weak album although it has some bangers of songs. she does deserve a grammy, maybe for River, but against the competition… yeah she’s definitely not winning anything

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

1 minute ago, Cherry Blossom said:

Please. ESV is never going to win album of the year, and im a big miley fan.  i see her nomination as more of a “hey miley we don’t hate you anymore!” rather than a “miley you released a good album!” 

It’s a pretty weak album although it has some bangers of songs. she does deserve a grammy, maybe for River, but against the competition… yeah she’s definitely not winning anything

I think they gave her tons of nominations only because she had the biggest song of the year. They always do that. Like, Thousand Miles nominated for Best Duo is a crime. That song is horrible and feels like they ran out of ideas for that category.

1 hour ago, PARADIXO said:

Beck didn't perform in 2015 but still won AOTY. 

Beck did perform in 2015. He did a song with Chris Martin. It looks like the last time an AOTY winner did not perform was in 2005, and it was Ray Charles who died before the awards took place. There does seem to be a pattern between who performs and who wins that award unfortunately. 

Just now, LifeOnMars said:

Beck did perform in 2015. He did a song with Chris Martin. It looks like the last time an AOTY winner did not perform was in 2005, and it was Ray Charles who died before the awards took place. There does seem to be a pattern between who performs and who wins that award unfortunately. 

Oh damn then... It's sad to think she's most likely not winning AOTY. She truly, really deserves that level of coverage and positivity.

10 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

Oh damn then... It's sad to think she's most likely not winning AOTY. She truly, really deserves that level of coverage and positivity.

Yeah I agree. If that trend continues, then either SZA, Miley, Jon, or Olivia will win. I guess Taylor is still possible since she was asked to perform but couldn’t fit it into her schedule. 

2 hours ago, PARADIXO said:

Beck didn't perform in 2015 but still won AOTY. Mark Ronson and Ed Sheeran didn't perform in 2016 and won ROTY and SOTY respectively. Again, Ed Sheeran didn't perform in 2018 and won SOTY. Same with Childish Gambino, H.E.R. and others that still won "big four" categories without performing. There's still hope.

I was looking for this information for days.
Thank you for bringing the hope back 

36 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

But oh no! This means good bye AOTY :poordat:

This means SOTY is going to Barbie song, since Billie is performing 

40 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

Yeah I agree. If that trend continues, then either SZA, Miley, Jon, or Olivia will win. I guess Taylor is still possible since she was asked to perform but couldn’t fit it into her schedule. 

i hope sza wins, i’m sorry but taylor doesn’t deserve

i think best alt performance is gonna be on live TV because it would just be embarrassing if they wouldnt put it on the live show, cause this is locked by lana for sure

I’m considering staying up all night for this and majorly mess up my sleep schedule, but I’d be even more upset if I do and Lana don’t win anything than if I wake up and read the news that she got snubbed again. :magikarp:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I know getting recognition and validation is nice and I would love if she wins, but if she doesn't... I still hope Lana knows she is THAT girl :wub:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

12 minutes ago, Crazy for You said:

how many hours?:oprah9:

the pre grammys starts at 3:30PM EST tomorrow

8 hours ago, Yameena Khatri said:

Ngl I don't want her to contribute anything to that event than just attending. She got disrespected way too many times for that.

I guess she may have some sort of contractual obligations regarding public presence and all of that. If I was her, I wouldn't even attend. She is one of the biggest names in the music industry worlwide, and doesn't need to even go there. Can't actually see to which regard it is benefitial for her attending that gala.

Little Rant of lana having to give a SPECIAL PERFORMANCE on zoom for the grammy panel to be taken seriously as a nominee… Why does anyone have to stoop so low for an award? if your gonna celebrate someone simply do so! Having to give special performances and pander to the voters just invalidates that entire shows legitimacy (although it already has with NFR's snubs)