Elle

Grammy Awards 2024 - Lana Del Rey Nominated for 5 Awards

Didn’t really want midnights to win but I don’t think there was any malicious intent by Taylor bringing Lana up like some people seem to be suggesting lol I think she was just tipsy and wanted her friend to have some of the spotlight as well. It would’ve been more awkward if she just left lana alone at that table 

sgopYhV.gif

2 minutes ago, Crimson and Clover said:

Didn’t really want midnights to win but I don’t think there was any malicious intent by Taylor bringing Lana up like some people seem to be suggesting lol I think she was just tipsy and wanted her friend to have some of the spotlight as well. It would’ve been more awkward if she just left lana alone at that table 

It's such a catch 22.

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d

4 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

God y’all can be pretty insufferable :oprah2:

:brigitte:

𝒎𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊'𝒎 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒊𝒔 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒎𝒆

✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆. * : ✧ . : * : ☆ * ✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆ °.  ✧ ˖°

27 minutes ago, jaesana said:

Being friends with Taylor Swift would be very difficult, I think.

I agree. I think Taylor gets more out of it than Lana. 

ALERT! I am projecting and this may have nothing to do with reality. 

Lana seems to have more of a personal life. Grounded with some close friends and family. Taylor does not come off as conceited or arrogant but it seems like her every waking moment is to support the idea, "I am TAYLOR SWIFT ". To have a genuine close friend like Lana must be special to her. Hope that makes sense. 

14 minutes ago, Crimson and Clover said:

I think she brought her to the stage because she was one of the contributors as well (Snow On The Beach)

url%5D

19 minutes ago, Olympia said:

Anyone knows what important critics said about Taylor's Midnights? I got the vinyl back then because I loved Folklore and Evermore. However, I listened to Midnights three times and then I was done with it. It didn't strike me to be the same quality as Folklore, and surely not the same quality as Tunnel... I was and am still really shocked it won over Lana's masterpiece.

the critics were rather positive, but you're right, it was not much appreciated by aoty users, for example (like folklore): https://www.albumoftheyear.org/album/541510-taylor-swift-midnights.php

I think there’s a way to acknowledge someone else’s impact, and show them affection, and it’s not by forcibly dragging that person to come on stage after they lost an award to you. But then again, Taylor always gives main character energy and her actions often come across as performative. I agreed with what she said about Lana though—she deserves her own flowers.

Anyways, the Grammys are still a scam, just another weird, circlejerky industry thing where actual talent doesn’t necessarily gets recognized or acknowledged. Lana should not even bother attending at this point, she should just make music and dip honestly. These things are only as important as we make them out to be.

23 minutes ago, Crimson and Clover said:

Right- if we didn’t know Taylor drinks at these things (as she should) and if Lana wasn't that close to actually having that grammy for midnights too i’d think it was mean spirited but she was just too tipsy possibly or narrow sighted to see how uncomfortable that might’ve been or lana or how it might feel like throwing her a bone or whatever. I’m not even a taylor fan but she had good intentions doing that. A little odd to literally drag her up but I just don’t think she thought about how that could read as “You’ll never be on the stage on your own so you need to come with me,” because I at first was so on board with her going to on stage too and then when I actually watched her hiding i was like ohhh.. maybe that was embarrassing .

3 minutes ago, West Coast said:

I think there’s a way to acknowledge someone else’s impact, and show them affection, and it’s not by forcibly dragging that person to come on stage after they lost an award to you. But then again, Taylor always gives main character energy. I agreed with what she said about Lana though—she deserves her own flowers.

Anyways, the Grammys are still a scam, just another weird, circlejerky industry thing where actual talent doesn’t necessarily gets recognized or acknowledged. Lana should not even bother attending at this point, she should just make music and dip honestly. These things are only as important as we make them out to be.

Yes but that's what polite people do not TS.

I agree with you , she shouldn't attend it anymore. I just saw today that Guns n Roses , one of Lana's favorite bands ( also mine ) never won a Grammy. I always assumed they did. Does it make them less legendary ? No.

Same applies to Lana.

Time is the best judge , let's see who will still be relevant on the next decade , hint Lana.

I know it was cruel to make Lana stand there after being snubbed (and she looked so SAD!! :( i wanted to hug her so hard) BUT I think Taylor’s heart was in the right place. And she seemed drunk too lol, so probably didn’t really think through how it would look beyond wanting to include her friend 

My husbands response to this is that Lana needs to drop Jack as a producer so Lana isn’t left in Taylor’s shadow :bebe: 

im also a bit meh about Taylor announcing her new album and its title, Lana is a real poet, don’t come for that status too :pft:

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

oh twitter is really going hard with her being a zionist once they caught wind of people being upset by her losing :bebe:

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

This is totally just me, and I completely get if Lana is different (and more mature) than me, but I would feel my relationship with my friend was forever tainted after that.

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d

19 minutes ago, West Coast said:

But then again, Taylor always gives main character energy and her actions often come across as performative. I agreed with what she said about Lana though—she deserves her own flowers.

I completely agree with this, most of us here know that lana is awkward and nervous on stage, id imagine if you were lanas FRIEND you would also know that. I think her heart was in the right place but her ego was there first, because this is what she would have wanted, not what lana would :shrug:. even with the lana is hiding comment it's clear she's only thinking of herself, because clearly she can tell lana is uncomfortable if she can comment on it. i do truly believe taylor thought she was being nice but that doesn't mean it was the right way to do it:keyboard:

giphy.gif