DNC

Lana to be featured on TV series "The New Look" soundtrack with a cover of "Blue Skies" - OUT NOW!

2 hours ago, MakingOut said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2fd-oABFhy/?igsh=MTN4eGZiOHR3NXp3eQ==

i don’t fully trust this that’s why i’m posting here. it’s supposed to be on feb 14th. ALSO IF THERES A THREAD ALR FOR THIS I COULDNT FIND IT DO FEEL FREE TO DELETE IT IF ITS DOIBLE or fak

somebody please tell me if it’s fake please please 

This post confirmed that Florence’s song will be the « lead » though. Not Lana’s sadly :dorothy3: I wonder if they’ll release songs as they come up on the show or if they’ll wait on April 3rd (I know Eclipse said Feb 14, but it’s the series’ debut date. Could be both or not)

1 hour ago, MakingOut said:

the way he only said that because he works with taylor like.. THE BEEF IS WITH TAYLOR AND YE not the outcast who THINKS he can produce. he is lucky Lana knows how to sing and is a co-producer GOODBYE :takeitdoen:

Jack is Jewish and Kanye is literally antisemitic 

1 hour ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

This post confirmed that Florence’s song will be the « lead » though. Not Lana’s sadly :dorothy3: I wonder if they’ll release songs as they come up on the show or if they’ll wait on April 3rd (I know Eclipse said Feb 14, but it’s the series’ debut date. Could be both or not)

this is a weird decision tbh. Lana is in the peak of her career and Florence's most recent album kinda flopped

archiving any ldr-related stuff I can find (like, literally)

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

163c956c5fc19ea25e79f89d6eec3b83.gif

1 hour ago, ImenaOphelia said:

beabadoobee said the album is out april 3, so ig this is the release date for Lana's song too

I think a new song will be released in every week, Lana's was kinda hinted on Feb 14

url%5D

Wait omg Jazz Lana.. I am getting really excited for this now :trisha3::oprah:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I hope it's like Euphoria where the songs were released around the episode airing date.

It would make sense since the first song comes out on the 31st and then there's the  premiere of 3 episodes at once on February 14th (maybe Lana's song is used in one of these).

There's like 7 weeks between the premiere and the album and the same number of tracks left (assuming they release 1 per episode).

Unless we're really unlucky we're getting the song before the album :hype:

giphy.gif

Eclipse doesn’t post dates unless that’s when it’s coming out except white dress but that was Lana’s fault if her song was coming April 3rd, he would have said April 3rd

"Don’t forget me"

7 hours ago, MakingOut said:

finally i’m here.

i’m so sick and tired of this man. he literally makes the most boring productions and tries to shit talk. 

not even to be a Kanye fan cuz that man is weird but let’s be bffr rn, he really think he gonna out stream KANYE WEST?????

Bro really thinks Kanye decided to release his album the same day of his band only to sabotage him? I wish I had his confidence.

Jack keeps dissing Kanye but I don't think Ye has ever aknowledged Jack's existence? It's very one-sided. Yes, Kanye is a horrible person with even worse ideologies, but Jack looks a bit delusional.

Regardless, back on topic, what a great lineup of artist he managed to get on board for this project. Looking forward for Lana's cover of "Blue Skies". 

I love how many "blue" songs she has so far, lol:

Blue Jeans

Blue Velvet

Blue Banisters

Blue Skies

5 hours ago, Embach said:

I think a new song will be released in every week, Lana's was kinda hinted on Feb 14

on a&w's first birthday... :wubna:

archiving any ldr-related stuff I can find (like, literally)

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

163c956c5fc19ea25e79f89d6eec3b83.gif

35 minutes ago, ImenaOphelia said:

on a&w's first birthday... :wubna:

That would be lovely. Also looking forward to Nick Cave's cover❤️

It was expensive watch it 

8 hours ago, venicebitch said:

Jack is Jewish and Kanye is literally antisemitic 

i get that but if he were to tag every antisemitic person in music he would be there for like, a while.. besides Kanye doesn’t even know who he is tbh but yea i just don’t like jack’s productions in general :eek:

why are people being dramatic about jacks tweet… 😭 no one said he thought he was gonna outstream kanye… no one said he even thinks kanye knows who he is..

like learn to take a joke omg 

hated antisemetic person releases on same day smaller jewish artist releases album = perfect opportunity for goofy sarcastic tweet. end of story 😭 

This song has such an elaborate and rich history. It almost feels as though Lana saved it from being forgotten forever. He originally wrote the song for and dedicated it to his daughter. While the older versions seem quite happy, the Nelson version shows the more bluish nature behind the highly optimistic and carefree nature of the song. It's something heartfelt and melancholic to note that the more darker blue aspects of the song, may not have been fully understood at large, until many decades later with Willie Nelsons version.