Sign in to follow this  
Embach

The Order Of LDR's Albums Discussion Thread

Instead of arguing in the pre-pre-release threads for years, I decided to make a thread for people who want to discuss about the order or sequence of Lana Del Rey's albums. Which ones you consider as her albums and which ones you don't. Feel free to discuss it here! :smile:

url%5D

as Lizzy Grant/Lana Del Ray

1. 2008 - Kill Kill

2. 2010 - Lana Del Ray a.k.a. Lizzy Grant

as Lana Del Rey

Music

1. 2012 - Born To Die

2. 2012 - Paradise

3. 2014 - Ultraviolence

4. 2015 - Honeymoon

5. 2017 - Lust For Life

6. 2019 - Norman Fucking Rockwell!

7. 2021 - Chemtrails Over The Country Club

8. 2021 - Blue Banisters

9. 2023 - Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd

Audiobook

1. 2020 - Violet Bent Backwards Over The Grass

Spoiler

I don't care that Lana thinks Violet belongs in her musical discography... It is her FIRST POETRY AUDIOBOOK.

00. Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant

-

01. Born To Die

02. Paradise

03. Ultraviolence

04. Honeymoon

05. Lust For Life

06. Norman Fucking Rockwell

07. Chemtrails Over The Country Club

08. Blue Banisters

09. Did You Know There’s A Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd.

10. X

AUDIO BOOKS

01. Violet Bent Backwards Over The Grass

The reality is the UMG themselves don't know how to count her albums. In the official press release they call Honeymoon her third album and Lust For Life her fifth album which doesn't add up.

https://www.universal-music.de/lana-del-rey/news/zeit-fuer-honeymoon-lana-del-rey-praesentiert-ihr-drittes-album-235498

https://www.universal-music.de/lana-del-rey/news/in-lust-for-life-reinhoeren-lana-del-rey-zeigt-sich-auf-neuem-album-lebensfroh-und-politisch-244414

6 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

The reality is the UMG themselves don't know how to count her albums. In the official press release they call Honeymoon her third album and Lust For Life her fifth album which doesn't add up.

https://www.universal-music.de/lana-del-rey/news/zeit-fuer-honeymoon-lana-del-rey-praesentiert-ihr-drittes-album-235498

https://www.universal-music.de/lana-del-rey/news/in-lust-for-life-reinhoeren-lana-del-rey-zeigt-sich-auf-neuem-album-lebensfroh-und-politisch-244414

OB was marketed as 9th album, and the next one could be marketed as LDR12 for all we know. No one knows, case closed. Now stop ripping each others throats off :nene:

20 minutes ago, Candy Necklace said:

OB was marketed as 9th album, and the next one can be marketed as LDR12 for all we know. No one knows, case closed. Now stop ripping each others throats off :nene:

nobody ripped anything we just discussed a topic that one user defended really tough when there wasn’t a reason towards that

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

1. BTD

2. Paradise (technically an EP/reedition but it's long enough and it has a different aesthetic and sound to consider it a whole standalone project)

3. UV

4. HM

5. LFL

6. NFR

7. Chemtrails 

8. BB

9. Ocean Blvd (the 9th studio album is literally everywhere in the promo pictures)

The pre BTD stuff is technically unreleased and it's not even under the same name and Violet it's not really a studio musical album. It's an audiobook with ambient music made as a selection of poems from her book.

More about Violet

Spoiler

It's poetry not songs. It has no melodies (other than the instrumental), not on streaming (as an album, only in audiobook sections), no MVs and it was never promoted as a Lana Del Rey album. So that's why I don't count it as a Lana album per se.

giphy.gif

isn't the only order they can go in:

1. lana del ray

2. born to die

3. ultraviolence

4. honeymoon

5. lust for life

6. norman fucking rockwell!

7. chemtrails over the country club

8. blue banisters

9. did you know that there's a tunnel under ocean blvd ?

or did some of her albums come out in a different order in other countries? i always find that so fascinating!

and i guess there's also there's the way where you include violet bent backwards over the grass like lana said to but i assumed she changed her mind when ocean blvd said ninth on it

20 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

00. Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant

-

01. Born To Die

02. Paradise

03. Ultraviolence

04. Honeymoon

05. Lust For Life

06. Norman Fucking Rockwell

07. Chemtrails Over The Country Club

08. Blue Banisters

09. Did You Know There’s A Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd.

10. X

AUDIO BOOKS

01. Violet Bent Backwards Over The Grass

Thread closed.

01. AKA (First real album) - Lizzy Grant

-

01. Born To Die (First album under a major label) - Lana Del Rey

02. Paradise

03. UV

04. HM

05. LFL

06. NFR

07. Violet

08. COCC

09. BB

10. OB

I count AKA and BTD both as her first album just under different labels.

I also feel like to me if it had an era dedicated to it and has it's own vinyl (ex Paradise & Violet) it counts as an album

It's actually hilarious that her next album could be promoted as LDR9, LDR10, LDR11, or LDR12 depending on who you ask

Steam Community :: :: The Lindsay Lohan

I know that she kind of recognized AKA as "her first record she put out 14 years ago" or something at the Billboard Music Awards in March but I will always remember this Born To Die birthday post from her now deleted Instagram, posted in 2016:

Lanz.jpg

This one is from a fanpage who reposted all of Lana's deleted Instagram photos with the caption and dates.

url%5D

1. Lana Del Ray A.K.A. Lizzy Grant (debut)

2. Born To Die (major label debut)

3. Paradise

4. Ultraviolence

5. Honeymoon

6. Lust For Life

7. Norman Fucking Rockwell!

8. Chemtrails Over The Country Club

9. Blue Banisters (:smh:)

10. Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd

VBBOTG is not an album

And to all you "Paradise is just an EP not an album" truthers

https://i.imgur.com/90BgdFV.png

35 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

1. BTD

2. Paradise (technically an EP/reedition but it's long enough and it has a different aesthetic and sound to consider it a whole standalone project)

3. UV

4. HM

5. LFL

6. NFR

7. Chemtrails 

8. BB

9. Ocean Blvd (the 9th studio album is literally everywhere in the promo pictures)

The pre BTD stuff is technically unreleased and it's not even under the same name and Violet it's not really a studio musical album. It's an audiobook with ambient music made as a selection of poems from her book.

More about Violet

Hide contents

It's poetry not songs. It has no melodies (other than the instrumental), not on streaming (as an album, only in audiobook sections), no MVs and it was never promoted as a Lana Del Rey album. So that's why I don't count it as a Lana album per se.

:gclap:This is exactly how interscope wants us to count her albums. Anything else is just what we wish for or what she wishes. 

For me:

MJ1 - Sirens (May Jailer)

LG1 - AKA (Lizzy Grant)

LDR1 - BTD: Paradise Edition

LDR2 - UV

LDR3 - HM

LDR4 - LFL

LDR5 - NFR

(LDR6 - Violet)

LDR6/(LDR7) - COTCC

LDR7/(LDR8) - BB

LDR9 - OB (because the album cover art says so)

But if we take a look at the race jacket merch - she or one of the designers there have counted Paradise and Violet as albums (or maybe eras).

I technically consider Paradise and Violet as separate eras but not albums. As albums, I see them as extension of their previous albums. AKA will always be Lizzy Grant 1 for me, because it doesn't belong to the Lana Del Rey era for me. Even tho I do love it very much!

Albums and eras are separate things for me tho!

url%5D

1 born to die

2 ultraviolence

3 honeymoon 

4 lust for life

5 norman

6 violet

7 chemtrails

8 blue banisters

9 ocean blvd 

FIGHT ME ! :burn:

Go ahead and pull up Violet Bent Backwards Over The Grass on streaming if you want to claim it’s a studio album :pls:

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹