ultrabanisters

Lana for Harper's Bazaar December/January 2024 Art Issue

I’m irritated at the “interviewer” (did they even interview her?) not finding out anything about new music! That would literally be the first thing I would talk to her about. But I am loving the imagery of a picture of Marilyn on her bathroom window. I will say, whoever wrote this is great at painting a picture with words! 

“She’s unearthly suburban and unreasonably talented, and she can pretend to be a normal person,” the filmmaker and writer John Waterstells me. “I think of the ad campaign for Russ Meyer’s Lorna,” he says admiringly, referring to the 1964 sexploitation film. “[The tagline] could go for her: ‘Longing, love, lust, life, Lana. Too much for one man.’ ” Director David Lynch is also a fan. “She tells a story in her music,” Lynch says. “She gives a mood and a story and a way to think, and she paints a picture in your brain.”

John Waters AND David Lynch (and Joan Baez) like the rest of the interview aside from setting the scene (also chefs kiss) was bad but this is everything I’m so serious. 

It’s so boring when music journalists make the article about themselves. Their interpretation, their biases, ect. Just ask some good questions and let the queen speak! Photos are stunning though 

The white dress and white bra pics are god tier. :godlaugh: The wig pics are not it. The only worthwhile part of the interview was the quotes from other legends. :blush3:

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

the spirit of lizzy grant lives on with her random and unprovoked wigs :true: 

200w.webp

also, yeah, this interview was super boring :pft: there's so many interesting and fascinating things they could've asked her or discussed, but it's the same shit about her authenticity and how people perceived her a decade ago, ask her about her writing process, ask her about the early years of her career, ask her about her favorite songs from her albums, give us the tea! it isn't that hard :agree2:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

16 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

the spirit of lizzy grant lives on with her random and unprovoked wigs :true: 

200w.webp

also, yeah, this interview was super boring :pft: there's so many interesting and fascinating things they could've asked her or discussed, but it's the same shit about her authenticity and how people perceived her a decade ago, ask her about her writing process, ask her about the early years of her career, ask her about her favorite songs from her albums, give us the tea! it isn't that hard :agree2:

Aren't the topics pre-agreed before the interview? I ask because atleast thats how it works with football players, so that journalists don't ask questions with confidential, intrusive or uncomfortable answers

Lovely photos, but the most boring waffling interview I’ve ever read I just can’t get through it. Should have at least asked some relevant questions about Ocean Blvd snd if she’s working on a new album or has ideas etc

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

This is one of her best photoshoots. The rocker vibes, the sapphic vibes, the feet pics, the gangster Nancy Sinatra vibes, the Blue Velvet of it all :oprah:

The interview can go to hell though :awk:

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

2 hours ago, Topanga said:

So is it like one cover is December and one cover is January or is there only one cover I’m so confused 

The last issue of the year covers both December and January (so you get 11 issues a year rather than the standard 12).

It will however come with 2 different covers. Not sure whether the laying down cover is for subscribers only, or if both will be available for purchase from shops.

1 hour ago, wipeout said:

It’s so boring when music journalists make the article about themselves. Their interpretation, their biases, ect. Just ask some good questions and let the queen speak! Photos are stunning though 

Like we've already heard her opinions on the btd era critics / authenticity / the waffle house thing.. not gonna be overly critical because they gave us a stunning photoshoot :kiss3: but interviewers be interesting challenge please!

uRo1dco.png

singing blue notes,

up all night long

I thought the interview was interesting and liked hearing about the more existential things Lana thinks about and how she feels these days. I thought it was kind of a heady interview but I didn't like how the underlying theme seemed that the interviewer was constantly trying to find some type of fault, or tease her about her house decorations. It's like she let her into her house and the whole time she's trying to find what is wrong. Seemed a bit rude. 

I thought there were quite a few interesting things she talked about and described about herself. 

Thought the topic of her love life was interesting- or maybe that's just my inner taylor swift fan coming out.

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make up my mind so I don't have to decide"

https://www.last.fm/user/fakeeyelash13- my last fm <33

“I think I would have to get my orientation toward where I want to be geographically stronger in my solar plexus, like a knowingness there, before I could tune into a stronger desire romantically. Because if you don’t feel a connection necessarily to the pavement you’re walking on, the love thing stays over there"

me when i'm having a stroke

14 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

“I think I would have to get my orientation toward where I want to be geographically stronger in my solar plexus, like a knowingness there, before I could tune into a stronger desire romantically. Because if you don’t feel a connection necessarily to the pavement you’re walking on, the love thing stays over there"

me when i'm having a stroke

nicki-idk.jpg