ultrabanisters

Lana for Harper's Bazaar December/January 2024 Art Issue

We listen to Lana, we see her, we get her 100% without any effort. It's almost instantaneous. 

Her critics look at her, they listen to her, they can't grasp her in the least, and they embarrass themselves attempting to define what they do see. Look at narcissistic, fascist Anne Powers, complaining that Lana didn't carry herself the way Anne Powers believes she should as a female artist in the 21st century, didn't have the right political opinions, didn't have the correct vision and correct attitudes, as if Lana was Anne Powers, and not a completely different individual in her own right. 

Lana seems to have an unusually high level of people, especially in the critic class, that don't get her, but everyone who does get her loves her passionately. 

And the fact that Lana has a long string of dedicated admirers, some of whom are musical and creative legends—David Lynch, Joan Baez, Bruce Springsteen, Father John Misty, Courtney Love, the Weeknd, John Waters, Stevie Nicks—and they see and hear her, as we do, has to rankle. 

Obviously this has been a huge year for Lana; she won the war even if she lost a few battles. 

love the shoot (it's a top five), but that interview has got to be the worst thing i've read in a while

like can we please for the love of god move on from calling her a fraud - even worse, moaning about not being able to call her a fraud

i get what they were going for with this, but it just comes across like a protracted, reticent insult, not this self-reflective commentary on the nature of celebrity journalism that i guess they wanted

rihKQ8M.gif

What an incredible photoshoot, she looks stunning. 

Now, what the fuck was even this article? The person who wrote it had the chance to spend a couple of hours interviewing Lana, and decided to write a long ass essay describing mundane details about her furniture? Also, what a narcissistic journalist. "Wow, I don't know what I personally think about this Lana Del Rey persona, let me babble on about what MY perceptions full of judgement and prejudice are about her instead of letting the person who I am interviewing tell me the answer". A classic example of a writer who tells but never actually shows.

3 hours ago, Star Lux said:

love the shoot (it's a top five), but that interview has got to be the worst thing i've read in a while

like can we please for the love of god move on from calling her a fraud - even worse, moaning about not being able to call her a fraud

i get what they were going for with this, but it just comes across like a protracted insult, not this self-reflective commentary on the nature of celebrity journalism that i guess they wanted

I agree. The interview was very weak even though we did learn a few things. I wouldn't even call it an interview. The fraud charge will probably live with her forever, as lazy journalists love to pick up an old charge or accusation, especially from the beginning of an artist's career, and repeat it.

Poor Marianne Faithfull, now aged, has had to deal with the "voice of an angel with big tits" line that still gets repeated, even on the liner notes of her albums, or the charge that at the Rolling Stones Redlands bust in the second half of the 60s, she was found--get this--"naked, wrapped in a fur rug with a candy bar sticking out of her anus," which one of the Stones, presumably Mick, her boyfriend, was munching on when the police broke in. And we all know the urban legend about Rod Stewart, or Richard Gere and the gerbil. 

Very sad. Lana deserves better, but she's so nice, which journalists take as passive, that they keep repeating crap about her. 

3 hours ago, americangothic said:

What an incredible photoshoot, she looks stunning. 

Now, what the fuck was even this article? The person who wrote it had the chance to spend a couple of hours interviewing Lana, and decided to write a long ass essay describing mundane details about her furniture? Also, what a narcissistic journalist. "Wow, I don't know what I personally think about this Lana Del Rey persona, let me babble on about what MY perceptions full of judgement and prejudice are about her instead of letting the person who I am interviewing tell me the answer". A classic example of a writer who tells but never actually shows.

Agreed. 

6 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

I dont really need to hear Lana and Billie singing together on a collaboration, but if they produced for eachother behind the scenes that would be so cool.

really??? billie recently said that her next record will be inspired by radiohead, deftones, and mazzy star- imagine a lana collab on that album with those vibes :dua: 

i would simply pass away :trisha:

32 minutes ago, jimmyjimmycocoapuff said:

really??? billie recently said that her next record will be inspired by radiohead, deftones, and mazzy star- imagine a lana collab on that album with those vibes :dua: 

oh is she finally gonna make good music? 

45 minutes ago, jimmyjimmycocoapuff said:

as a huge mazzy stan fan :eek3: i doubt it'll sound anything like mazzy star lol

WGe8ynS.gif

16 hours ago, MakingOut said:

her songs are ALWAYS perfect she needs to start some acting classes because currently is not giving :(

ALSO TAYLOR WAS SO REAL FOR ASKING LANA TO SING THE WHOLE SONG + Leak SOTB stems with lana singing so we can make a solo edit

Has someone done already? I can only find an old version with the first version on YouTube. 

5 hours ago, Nick Del Rey said:

Is subscribing to Harper’s for $10 really the best way to get this? Are we sure the Dec issue will be included? 

I see they sell single issues on Amazon, anyone waiting for that?

I was thinking about Amazon, too. I think Harper's Bazaar might be easier to get than Interview mag... Hopefully. I only wonder about this "art edition". Hope it's not a subscriber only thing? 

Looks like the most beautiful pics are included to the mag, as I guess from Lana's IG post. 

Anyone knows about the 2 covers? Are they both in stores? 

It was expensive watch it 

24 minutes ago, The Sun Also Rises said:

Does anyone know how I can buy the U.S. Harpers Bazaar from the U.K.? 

I know that with Newsstand UK you can start a one month Harper’s Bazaar USA subscription starting with the December/Jan issue by scrolling down on the page. @/lanadelreymerch on instagram has a good tutorial on how to purchase in their stories. 

It says it won’t be dispatched until Jan of next year and I’m not sure which Lana cover will be sent out. I’m in the US so I just purchased $10/year subscription through Harper’s Bazaar’s website and I’m hoping it all works out. 

hyz6.gif

29 minutes ago, The Sun Also Rises said:

Does anyone know how I can buy the U.S. Harpers Bazaar from the U.K.? 

I ordered on new stand from Lana Del Rey merch insta tutorial.. the confirmation shows her stood up cover- not sure how you’d get the other one though 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

Lana tips and tricks: If someone has been at your house all day and you want them to go but you don't want to be rude, set your motion lights to 30 seconds. Sit right next to the light and keep activating the light every 30 seconds so it keeps blinding them until they can't stand it anymore. 

All the while make strange comments such as, you enjoy the energy of the shadows, and keep activating the motion light. 

💡

Follow for more of Lanas life hacks. 

9 hours ago, Nick Del Rey said:

Is subscribing to Harper’s for $10 really the best way to get this? Are we sure the Dec issue will be included? 

I see they sell single issues on Amazon, anyone waiting for that?

So I called customer service they said if you subscribe to harpers you're subscribed from Nov 2023-oct 2024 

dec\jan are combined

My email after I subscribed also confirmed I'll be getting Nov 23-oct 2024.

from my email:

Order Summary
Account No:  
Subscription Term: 1 Year
Payment Status: PAID
Start Issue: Nov 2023
Expire Issue: Oct 2024

s a y y e s t o h e a v e n :twirls:

1 hour ago, Rivers said:

Lana tips and tricks: If someone has been at your house all day and you want them to go but you don't want to be rude, set your motion lights to 30 seconds. Sit right next to the light and keep activating the light every 30 seconds so it keeps blinding them until they can't stand it anymore. 

All the while make strange comments such as, you enjoy the energy of the shadows, and keep activating the motion light. 

💡

I screamed :thumb3: Sounds like she was as over it as we are. Also: do we know how long she’s had this house? I don’t keep up with that at all but I imagine she has more than one… this sounds like her “suburban house”. Bless. 

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

7 hours ago, jimmyjimmycocoapuff said:

I don't keep up with news from her but that's intriguing for sure

3 hours ago, Black to Blue said:

I know that with Newsstand UK you can start a one month Harper’s Bazaar USA subscription starting with the December/Jan issue by scrolling down on the page. @/lanadelreymerch on instagram has a good tutorial on how to purchase in their stories. 

It says it won’t be dispatched until Jan of next year and I’m not sure which Lana cover will be sent out. I’m in the US so I just purchased $10/year subscription through Harper’s Bazaar’s website and I’m hoping it all works out. 

3 hours ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

I ordered on new stand from Lana Del Rey merch insta tutorial.. the confirmation shows her stood up cover- not sure how you’d get the other one though 

Thank you so much both of you! I managed to get one. I can't believe how much they charge for a yearly subscription though! $10 for Americans vs. here it's £138.63 :wtf3: 

It'll be my first Lana magazine (couldn't get out hold of Interview) but I had to have it as the shoot is so iconicly beautifully stunning :wubna:

1 hour ago, Rivers said:

💡

She truly is my inspiration 

:thumb3: :thumb2:

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide

The photoshoot was the first thing i saw when i woke up that morning and i was gagged mama she was giving wolf cut lesbian biker downnnnnn but make it fashion! Then the white outfits are gorgeous, but subtle, and I think that’s done purposely to highlight Lanas beauty. She is so beautiful and theres a way about her when she photographs that just envokes nostalgia and high fashion. And the interview is the sister interview to that interview she did for interview magazine where they interviewed her in the bathtub!