Elle

Take Me Home, Country Roads (John Denver Cover) [SINGLE] - December 1st, 2023

Honestly, as a West Virginian, I can't stand this song. The song writer wrote it about another state and hadn't even been to WV. I know Lana covered it before playing Charleston, but I just wanna say that Charleston is like the richest part of the state and not even a full reflection of the state. I was annoyed she chose to play rich West Virginia and not in a real city or town in the state. I uhhh think Lana sounded good on this cover, I just get annoyed with the fetishizing of the state, when in fact it's poor and it's definitely in trouble, and Charleston does nothing to help. Lana playing Charleston and donating the money to Charleston really made me feel distance from stanning Lana. Lana covering this song made me feel distance too. My state needs help and not to be fetishized. Xoxo. 

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

OH WOWWWW

american standards is COMING, there’s no way she would just randomly release a cover as a single for no reason…

when all the old grammy voter men hear her beautiful renditions of their favorite songs and it persuades them to give her all their votes… YUPPPP

18 minutes ago, lernerderrey said:

Honestly, as a West Virginian, I can't stand this song. The song writer wrote it about another state and hadn't even been to WV. I know Lana covered it before playing Charleston, but I just wanna say that Charleston is like the richest part of the state and not even a full reflection of the state. I was annoyed she chose to play rich West Virginia and not in a real city or town in the state. I uhhh think Lana sounded good on this cover, I just get annoyed with the fetishizing of the state, when in fact it's poor and it's definitely in trouble, and Charleston does nothing to help. Lana playing Charleston and donating the money to Charleston really made me feel distance from stanning Lana. Lana covering this song made me feel distance too. My state needs help and not to be fetishized. Xoxo. 

girl … you need to talk to your local politicians not some celebrity who probably played in a town that had the infrastructure (and I don’t mean just the venue) for her to safely put on a show for her audience. Covering this popular song is not fetishizing, she just loves it and it’s an American classic that’s popular globally.