Elle

Take Me Home, Country Roads (John Denver Cover) [SINGLE] - December 1st, 2023

Its legit making me emo thinking of how John Denver was my dads first concert as a young boy, March 1980 in Toronto, n now the first artist I ever loved is covering him 40 years later, a song he sang that very night .. it feels like such a sweet full circle moment, I just can't wait to share this with him in the morning:aw::aw::aw:     

at the end of the day more than anything else, this is what music is all about to me .. so thank you lovely Lana I was indeed taken home :crai:

I find her love for American culture and incorporation of it in her music/persona so fascinating. It’s always been an obvious part of her whole shtick but she’s harnessed so many different aspects of Americana throughout her career and it shows just how diverse pure American culture is. AKA has a bit of a southwestern sound to it, I guess? She has that New York/Hamptons style in BTD, a bit of a Latina in LA thing going on with Tropico/Paradise, the whole retro futurism stuff with LFL, the very very Californian surf stuff in NFR, contemporary folk stuff in COCC, and now her recent stuff is pointing towards a more traditional country, southern sound. Now, I honestly wish she would retain that California aesthetic forever, but I would be lying if I said her music and aesthetic hasn’t shown me new types of music and aspects of American culture that I would have never bothered with before. I love seeing her music as a celebration of American culture :wubna:

sgopYhV.gif

56 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

I love her voice on this. She seems to be putting on a Southern accent. When was this recorded? If this was in 2021, that's amazing considering how low her voice on the song is.

Pretty sure 2019-20

6 minutes ago, brandon said:

If the full album really is coming…

I wonder if she’ll announce it w/ a preorder tomorrow or if it’ll be a surprise drop

like what do we think…

What I wish she’d do if she releases the cover album and the unreleased collection… 

get them both on streaming first, for a couple of months… and the most streamed songs get the vinyl treatment, to preorder. :cumming2:

15 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

sooo excited to listen to this tonight :crying: american standards and classics is COMING! :oprah9:

I kinda hope it’s not called American Standards and Classics… sounds so meh or scholar :bebe:but I’m fucking hyped for this though!!! :oprah9:

3 hours ago, Lanasvape said:

Idk if anyone has asked yet, but if we are getting “American standards and classics” album what are some artists/songs yall wanna see?? 
I think she’d eat some Connie Francis or Patsy Cline up. 
And “where the boys are” (Lana’s version) I’d dieeee

walkin after midnight, River of no return, knockin on heavens door, and moon river would be a dream for me 

3 hours ago, Lanasvape said:

Idk if anyone has asked yet, but if we are getting “American standards and classics” album what are some artists/songs yall wanna see?? 
I think she’d eat some Connie Francis or Patsy Cline up. 
And “where the boys are” (Lana’s version) I’d dieeee

i would actually die if she released a cover of where the boys are, omg.

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce: