Elle

Take Me Home, Country Roads (John Denver Cover) [SINGLE] - December 1st, 2023

just listened to it, i think it's okay, one complaint i have is that it's too reverberated, i feel like it's distracting, and a more grassroots approach to the mixing/production would've suited the song better, instead of adding a bunch of reverb, i feel like that doesn't suit the genre of the original song, also, i personally wish she would've went with guitar instead of piano, or at least have other instruments accompanying the piano, it's mostly piano until the last chorus, i feel like the choir here was jarring due to the lack of any other instruments/background vocals in the rest of the song, i listened to the original song so i could have a better understanding of it, and i feel like something more similar to the original would've been better, but i also understand she had to make it her own, it's certainly not bad and i'm happy for everybody who really likes it! 

also, i love hearing her deeper vocals here! 

WGe8ynS.gif

11 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i may be wrong because i haven't heard the original song, but take me home (country roads) is mellow to begin with, i feel like it would be embarrassing and silly on her end to turn a country classic into some pop bop, it should be obviously by now that she has more of a mellow sound in her music now, and you're just going to keep ending up disappointed by expecting it or wanting it

Oh, for sure, I am going to keep getting disappointed. But a boy can hope.

I'm hoping Lana hasn't completely forgotten her fun side. At least she gave us Jimmy Jimmy this year - it's somewhere in there!

56 minutes ago, barttttender said:

same here. It's just a basic cover of a song that's nice but nothing special.

i agree with whoever said that this should have got the Doin' Time treatment so that it would be more interesting.

i feel like lana's just putting out anything that pops into her head at this point.

we need a BOP

my god... :rip: 

7 hours ago, Stoned Mary in the Garden said:

walkin after midnight, River of no return, knockin on heavens door, and moon river would be a dream for me 

Walkin after midnight, and knocking on heavens door would allow me to pass away a happy man :crying4:

1 hour ago, barttttender said:

same here. It's just a basic cover of a song that's nice but nothing special.

i agree with whoever said that this should have got the Doin' Time treatment so that it would be more interesting.

i feel like lana's just putting out anything that pops into her head at this point.

we need a BOP

Why do you not realize doin time and this are two completely different genres. She stuck pretty true to the original doin time, and she’s sticking true to this original now. 
Bop ≠ upbeat pop music 

if you don’t enjoy the style of music move on. But she’s not gonna start popping her pussy in the studio to a classic American folk song… 

A more intimate and calm version of the song. Sure, could have some strings in there and maybe more guitar, but some parts were sung more interestingly and it seems the tone is more delicate. There original has a lot going on and she really tries to get you closer to the imagery by toning it down. I feel it's easier for me to picture the scenes in my mind with Lana's version. The song already meant a lot to me, and now much more so. 

I do wish there was more acoustic guitar and some banjos going on, but oh my god this is beautiful. I really think this has the potential to do some numbers for her, and be one of the more iconic covers of the song. I like that she stuck true to the og with the last chorus. I love the choir feel towards the end of John Denver’s it’s always given me such a good homey family vibe, so I’m glad she included the “choir” backing vocals at the end of hers. Heavenly vocals all around too :true:

I just heard it! I really love it. This song has a melody, chorus etc so right away I'm on board. A lot of Lana songs it is her singing over piano chords and then a "song" is created in production. I don't know if that makes sense. I LOVE her voice but occasionally I want a song with a simple, memorable melody that keeps moving forward. I really love the backing chorus at the end.

John Denver was a gifted singer and songwriter. I think he's smiling now. 

not this being added to 11 playlists on apple music, she's coming for streams and coins ladies and gays :candy:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole