Elle

Take Me Home, Country Roads (John Denver Cover) [SINGLE] - December 1st, 2023

WHATTTTTTTT it's so beautiful!

:defeated::trisha:

(also not me seeing this on Youtube on all places and thinking it was a spam AI cover at first :rip:)

Happy as the moonshine

the way I’ve already streamed this 25 times on Spotify… idk what it is with me and Lana’s covers lmfaooo to this day Doin’ Time is still my most streamed song on there

5 hours ago, LifeOnMars said:

This is a nice cover but this song just does not hit the same without the banjos and guitars that are in the original song.

Truth

This is excellent. Good enough to be a lead single for the covers album, hopefully... 

Also Unchained Melody as final track would be incredible.

3 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

This is excellent. Good enough to be a lead single for the covers album, hopefully... 

Also Unchained Melody as final track would be incredible.

i'd sell my soul for that cover to be put into streaming it's so haunting

Ranking Lana's officially released covers (not counting live performances and YT only releases)

Doin' Time

Once Upon A Dream

Season Of The Witch

Blue Velvet

Buddy's Rendevouz

The Other Woman

You Must Love Me

Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

For Free

Take Me Home, Country Roads

Summertime The Gershwin Version

You'll Never Walk Alone

9 hours ago, barttttender said:

same here. It's just a basic cover of a song that's nice but nothing special.

i agree with whoever said that this should have got the Doin' Time treatment so that it would be more interesting.

i feel like lana's just putting out anything that pops into her head at this point.

we need a BOP

This is like her third worst cover and the other one we got from this project was also quite boring. 💀 This will be another drought for us Bopna stans.

If she wants to go country she needs to go FULL country. Not some boring vocal delivery with piano in the background. It lacks the spark original version of this song has. Why is she scared of her own voice?! We know she can do amazing things with it 

16 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

If she wants to go country she needs to go FULL country. Not some boring vocal delivery with piano in the background. It lacks the spark original version of this song has. Why is she scared of her own voice?! We know she can do amazing things with it 

It’s an unpopular opinion on here but I agree :eek: the original has so much soul. I would have loved a cover that was more like Hey Baby Blue or whatever it’s called but we just got the same Blue Bannisters ballad. I don’t think it should’ve gotten the pop Doin’ Time cover treatment, but that cover is a bit more true to the source material with some of its elements while this cover doesn’t have those iconic banjo/steel guitar sounds. This is just You’ll Never Walk Alone but much better. Beautiful cover overall but we know she can do better 

sgopYhV.gif

6 minutes ago, Crimson and Clover said:

It’s an unpopular opinion on here but I agree :eek: the original has so much soul. I would have loved a cover that was more like Hey Baby Blue or whatever it’s called but we just got the same Blue Bannisters ballad. I don’t think it should’ve gotten the pop Doin’ Time cover, but that cover is more true to the source material with some of its elements while this cover doesn’t have those iconic banjo/steel guitar sounds 

there's a steel guitar in the background if you listen carefully

I like that the instruments play only a smaller role again, the focus is completely on Lana's voice.

3 minutes ago, DEMONDELREY said:

I want a studio version of Scarborough Fair pleaseeeeeeee

now we're talking!

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

1 minute ago, NikoGo said:

So is she going to post about it, or is it getting the Say Yes to Heaven treatment :bebe:

the road 🛣️ song is out! 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

1 minute ago, hotshot2am said:

The official press release says it's a one-off single, implying it's not part of a larger project.

https://www.universal-music.de/lana-del-rey/news/lana-del-rey-veroeffentlicht-neue-version-des-john-denver-klassikers-take-me-home-country-roads-271551

We lost :toofloppy:

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues