barttttender

Favorite films of 2023?

Just wondering what everyone here loved movie wise?

For me, I absolutely adored Wonka. I reckon Paul King is a master of family films.

And, of course, Oppenheimer and Killers of the Flower Moon, any of which can earn BP at the Oscars.

And then, Saltburn is BATSHIT CRAZY in all the best ways.

What did you all love?

Oppenheimer and Barbie!!!

I loved the cast, the plot, the soundtrack and the visuals! The way how both were released on the same day was just iconic and definitely one of the most memorable moments of 2023!!

url%5D

1 minute ago, Embach said:

Oppenheimer and Barbie!!!

I loved the cast, the plot, the soundtrack and the visuals!

Another Oppenheimer fan - yay!

Loved Barbie, too, saw it twice already.  I just thought it was about 45 mins too long and I wasn't a fan of the Mattel stuff or the ghost lady.

But it's definitely loads of fun. Hopefully, Gosling gets nominated. :party:

2 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Another Oppenheimer fan - yay!

Loved Barbie, too, saw it twice already.  I just thought it was about 45 mins too long and I wasn't a fan of the Mattel stuff or the ghost lady.

But it's definitely loads of fun. Hopefully, Gosling gets nominated. :party:

I've seen Oppie twice hahah. I love both movies equally, even though they're so different, I loved the kitschiness of Barbie and how it explored existentialism, it was also like a musical which I really loved too. But Oppenheimer, it left me awestruck, I kind of had low expectations before watching it because I had seen reviews were people called it boring but after watching it for the first time, I was so shocked and amazed because it was a cinematic experience.

I really hope that both movies sweep the Oscars and other awards.

I haven't seen KOTFM and Poor Things yet but these two movies seem to be critics' and awards' favorite too.

url%5D

I genuinely love Oppenheimer, I know that some couldn't take how long it was, but I liked being able to keep up w the flashing scenes and dialogue etc. and it was so beautifully shot too. 

Barbie of course. loved how it brought about a trend of women rethinking their relationships, bc sometimes u don't get that kind of wake up call so easily. so good for the girlies and gays n so on. 

Guardians of the Galaxy and Spiderman: Across the spiderverse - great superhero movies. the animation on the latter, *chef's kiss* 

I appreciate how beautiful Saltburn is, but it was just so disturbing for me. blegh. 

dk about the new hunger games movie asa favorite, but I enjoyed it. made me revisit the katniss films. 

Super Mario was cute. I used to play the games and watched it out of boredom, but it was well made imo. 

Haven't really watched anything else as intently but, this was a good year for movies I think. I've been overworking myself and the movies were a great way to unwind and find a new perspective out of the everyday

UV/Honeymoon

Barbie :wub:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

39 minutes ago, Make me your Dream Life said:

I genuinely love Oppenheimer, I know that some couldn't take how long it was, but I liked being able to keep up w the flashing scenes and dialogue etc. and it was so beautifully shot too. 

Barbie of course. loved how it brought about a trend of women rethinking their relationships, bc sometimes u don't get that kind of wake up call so easily. so good for the girlies and gays n so on. 

Guardians of the Galaxy and Spiderman: Across the spiderverse - great superhero movies. the animation on the latter, *chef's kiss* 

I appreciate how beautiful Saltburn is, but it was just so disturbing for me. blegh. 

dk about the new hunger games movie asa favorite, but I enjoyed it. made me revisit the katniss films. 

Super Mario was cute. I used to play the games and watched it out of boredom, but it was well made imo. 

Haven't really watched anything else as intently but, this was a good year for movies I think. I've been overworking myself and the movies were a great way to unwind and find a new perspective out of the everyday

Perfectly said!!!

url%5D

I loved Saltburn mainly for Rosamund Pike. I don't really understand why everyone was so scandalized by it? Altho I say that after once making out with the cup my crush used when I was 12 after he left the room...

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹