Elle

Indio, CA @ Coachella: Weekend 1 - April 12th, 2024

2 minutes ago, West Coast said:

I sawΒ Ocean Blvd. live last summer and this background singer did the same thing then, pretty sure this little big is planned. What I meant was that people were saying that one of them looked pissed during or after Candy Necklace...Β :stunned:

I think pissed is the wrong word. more they looked slightly tense at some points, ive a feeling that the sound people were yelling in their ears cause jack had the same face with lanas mic problems in hope and just before candy necklace lana and Jon were having a debrief

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, how the light shines in said:

what universe have we awoken to oh my goddddd

Β 

Β 

Β "Lines from her 2012 song β€œJealous Girl” played from the speakers β€” β€œBaby, I’m a gangster too/And it takes two to tango” β€” before she took the stage in a sparkling baby blue dress"

Β 

Β 

"Baby I'm a gangster" entranceΒ only to open a set made entirely out of ballads that make you feel like sitting on the sofa feeling super suicidal. When she sang that line, I almost bust out laughing.Β 

Β 

Okay. I'm done now. Huge disappointment for me personally, aside from the look and Billie saving the entire show by bringing some actual pizzazzΒ and showmanship when she's 10 years younger. Have a great day/night everyone.Β 

1 minute ago, honeymoon is alive said:

oh that makes sense now

Yeah it wasn't just her

Sabrina, among others, had issues too

Hopefully she isn't too upset about it

At least it's being blamed on the sound crew, and not her

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

4 minutes ago, Pink Flamingo said:

Β 

someone in here sub-posted me when I called out her mic glitching at the start of the performance. Shit was obviously fucked up, I felt so bad for her

π™Έπšβ€™πšœ πšπš’πšŸπš’πš—πš πšπš’πš πšπš›πšŽπšŽ, π™Έπšβ€™πšœ πšπš’πšŸπš’πš—πš πš‚πš’πš•πšŸπš’πšŠ π™Ώπš•πšŠπšπš‘

28 minutes ago, taco truck said:

People on r/coachella are saying her set sucked and like half the crowd was gone by the endΒ :toofunny:Β 

Actually you know what, even at an exciting, close sports game between arch rivals tons of people leave early to beat traffic so I’m pretending that’s what happening.

so just an hour before she was gonna go live, i fell asleepΒ :air:Β i woke up now and just finished watching her coachella performance and it was pretty good! that jealous girl intro was INSANE and VERY unpopular opinion: i didn’t have a problem with her performing the same songs. yeah, it was a little disappointing but i’m a sucker for ballads. i find it so crazy that we’re one of the few fandoms out there that seethes when piano is played. i feel like if a majority of lana’s ballads were made by rick or mike dean then that would be a different story but oh well (yet all piano sounds the same)Β :ma:Β the sound issues were annoying, but it seemed to be an issue on coachella’s part which is frustrating so i understand why lana might’ve seemed mad in her set. hopefully next weekend we’ll hear some more songs.. love and lflΒ :pillsdy:Β im also disappointed we didnt get any lasso news but i feel it would be better for her to do that next weekend. anyways history was made!

2 minutes ago, Rust Dress said:

so just an hour before she was gonna go live, i fell asleepΒ :air:Β i woke up now and just finished watching her coachella performance and it was pretty good! that jealous girl intro was INSANE and VERY unpopular opinion: i didn’t have a problem with her performing the same songs. yeah, it was a little disappointing but i’m a sucker for ballads. i find it so crazy that we’re one of the few fandoms out there that seethes when piano is played. i feel like if a majority of lana’s ballads were made by rick or mike dean then that would be a different story but oh well (yet all piano sounds the same)Β :ma:Β the sound issues were annoying, but it seemed to be an issue on coachella’s part which is frustrating so i understand why lana might’ve seemed mad in her set. hopefully next weekend we’ll hear some more songs.. love and lflΒ :pillsdy:Β im also disappointed we didnt get any lasso news but i feel it would be better for her to do that next weekend. anyways history was made!

I don’t understand the hate for ballads either! the ones she performed were so good too

It was the first day, obviously the first days have the most issues and problems with techs and the electronics but that's why there's always a second day and by the second time the issues and problems have always been solved and improved.

url%5D

2 minutes ago, oldandugly said:

I don’t understand the hate for ballads either! the ones she performed were so good too

Β 

yeah i feel like it has to do with people not accepting that lana is shifting her image as a pop artist to a more versatile one (i

mean just look at ob), and some people just can’t acceptΒ that she’s leaving the beats behind. PLUS, the disappointment with her performance also has to do with the fact that everyone was expecting more, and obviously they weren’t satisfiedΒ :um2:Β i told @That Venice BitchΒ that i wasn’t expecting much and i wasn’t disappointed!

what was her set list

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind