Elle

Lasso - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

7 hours ago, American Whore said:

didnt she do this randomly this year already? the one where she was carried off the stage in a sheet for cutesie effect during hope?

That was for Newport folk festival, which is more up her alley in terms of genre especially when we look at the NFR-COCC-BB-DYK era 

faSE.gif

Okay y'all im bored so I've just used the Clow cards to predict 5 possible songs that might appear in Lana's upcoming album (either its still called Lasso and country or not)

These 5 cards i drew from 5 random decks might describe the songtitle, lyrical content, production or its meaning within the album. I want to hear yall speculations from this lolol

Spoiler

Songs 

1. [The Wood]

2. [The Watery]

3. [The Big]

4. [The Sand]

5. [The Shield] - I've actually asked chatgpt to predict a possible song title in Lana's upcoming country album based from this card, it said "Safe Haven" :oprah3:

1KlsfQA.jpeg

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Ocean rollout was just 4 months from first single/announcement to release so it could still be coming early next year. We still have 2 whole months this year (not counting the holiday season) so she could release a single in november and have the album by march :true:

Assuming it's done of course :eek:

Without considering the February to September stuff I think the rollout will be short n sweet just like Ocean's was (once it starts)

giphy.gif

48 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

Okay y'all im bored so I've just used the Clow cards to predict 5 possible songs that might appear in Lana's upcoming album (either its still called Lasso and country or not)

These 5 cards i drew from 5 random decks might describe the songtitle, lyrical content, production or its meaning within the album. I want to hear yall speculations from this lolol

Hide contents

Songs 

1. [The Wood]

2. [The Watery]

3. [The Big]

4. [The Sand]

5. [The Shield] - I've actually asked chatgpt to predict a possible song title in Lana's upcoming country album based from this card, it said "Safe Haven" :oprah3:

1KlsfQA.jpeg

OH NO WERE GETTING MAC COUNTRY VERSION

:phone: calling 911 IMMEDIATELY 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

And you won’t tour another day

and I’ll keep standing by my man

With just one gator, it goes away

It will be our swan swamp song 

IMG-0741.jpg

492482-1.png

♡︎

1 hour ago, honey dew said:

Let's pack our bags, it could literally be years before her next album, you never know, we could be at the beginning of a 10 year hiatus. I'm going to direct my energy towards Carly Rae Jetson

disagree with this; kate bush is even worse than you suppose   in terms of deadlines for Lana and I would not abandon her in any case for a more prolific artist but whose output does not touch me as much

Not implying that Lasso won't be coming at all; I'm sure it's coming in the next 6 months or so, but the idea of Lana taking a long hiatus is so scary omg we never experienced that with her. Ofc we had the pre-NFR era but things were still going on. Idk what to expect of years without Lana. 

6 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

I don't want to say Lasso won't come at all; I'm sure he will come in the next 6 months or so, but the idea of Lana taking a long break is so scary, oh my God, we've never experienced that with her. Sure, we had the pre-NFR era, but things were still going on. I don't know what to expect years without Lana. 

very complicated to know; in 2012 she said she was stopping, then in 2013 the same and you see where we are

1 hour ago, JDaniel said:

disagree with this; kate bush is even worse than you suppose   in terms of deadlines for Lana and I would not abandon her in any case for a more prolific artist but whose output does not touch me as much

It was a joke

To be honest this era hasn't even started yet. For me an era starts with a lead single. NFR started when MAC dropped, COTCC started when Let Me Love You dropped, Banisters started when those three singles dropped and Ocean Blvd started when the title track dropped. But the thought when are we getting something is lowkey scaring me :bebe: This time it feels so different somehow, like we've got like no idea at all, the hints are not hinting at all, that Jack interview was kind of the one which killed my hope. In February he said that it's going to be amazing and said a lot of hype stuff but like a week ago he said it's a story for another day which he can't talk about :adele:

2.gif

2 hours ago, Embach said:

To be honest this era hasn't even started yet. For me an era starts with a lead single. NFR started when MAC dropped, COTCC started when Let Me Love You dropped, Banisters started when those three singles dropped and Ocean Blvd started when the title track dropped. But the thought when are we getting something is lowkey scaring me :bebe: This time it feels so different somehow, like we've got like no idea at all, the hints are not hinting at all, that Jack interview was kind of the one which killed my hope. In February he said that it's going to be amazing and said a lot of hype stuff but like a week ago he said it's a story for another day which he can't talk about :adele:

100%. The whole thing is not sounding right.

My only comfort is that NFR also had delays and seemed like a lot of hard work behind the scenes.

The difference this time is: we don't even f-ing know what they're working on. 

It's October 10 and we're firmly on square 1.

All we really know is that they're working on an album that was meant to be country but has since become more American songbook, and is more melodic and less revealing than the past 3 albums. But it sounds like it's very much WIP.  Which is why I don't trust Lana at all when she said "two more songs coming out this year." Like, bitch, when, December?

She's really led us down the garden path with this one. OB must have been all done by December 2022. We'll soon be in December 2024 without a single taste of the album aside from Henry, Come On and POSSIBLY Fenway intro. How weird is that?

15 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

Ocean rollout was just 4 months from first single/announcement to release so it could still be coming early next year. We still have 2 whole months this year (not counting the holiday season) so she could release a single in november and have the album by march :true:

Assuming it's done of course :eek:

Without considering the February to September stuff I think the rollout will be short n sweet just like Ocean's was (once it starts)

This is the only thing I’d want to know for sure, whether coming from her (not very realistic, I know) or from an insider. It would help tremendously with the possible timeline / what to expect and when. I think the album is done, I sure hope so of two singles are still planned for the end of the year… but well, how it goes.

I kind of hope she's changed the name. At this point the word Lasso just brings annoyance:nails: Imagine if she announces the album with a whole new name. All of our theories would start fresh. Even better if she announced the new title, release date and first single all at once:nails: A total rest and closest thing to a surprise we'll get:nails:

Tumblr

i think that we're a pretty spoiled fanbase.

the longest we have waited for a lana album was between lust for life and nfr - which was only 2 years.

ocean blvd came out a year and a half ago. i just really don't understand the complaints for this delay... girl just got married. like we need to relax. :bebe:

giphy.gif