Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

On 5/27/2024 at 10:08 PM, ivory almond said:
  Hide contents

an insider has revealed that Lasso only has 13 songs and WILL be titled "Lasso" upon release, there are three total collabs, and no interludes this time

Spoiler

no interludes? thats so sad, I love her interludes:defeated:

yall are gonna feel real funny when she doesn't even mention it at boston :thumb3:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

14 minutes ago, American Whore said:

yall are gonna feel real funny when she doesn't even mention it at boston :thumb3:

Im not expecting anything Lasso-related on her Boston show TBH… unless, maybe, Tough is released around that date and Quavo is invited to collab with her? :um2: But hey, look at me being so delulu, after Hyde Park last year, I shouldn’t have such high hopes :omfg2:

https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/lana-del-rey-talks-country-era-music-business-has-gone-country-1235693085/
idk if this article has been brought up yet, but this billboard article implies lasso is still coming in September. I know they could be totally wrong, but with Elle saying it would be and this I’m having more hope we will have a release hopefully September if not the end of the year.

She continued, “So where’s ‘Lasso’ going? I really have no idea now!”

The project is slated for release in September, and marks her 10th studio LP. The release is the followup to 2023’s Did You Know That There’s a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd, which peaked at No. 3 on the Billboard 200 chart.

giphy.webp

♡︎ ⁺.⊹ ˖  𝓂𝓎 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎 𝓁𝒾𝓋𝑒𝓈 𝒾𝓃 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑒𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝒷𝓁𝓊𝑒 ₊˚. ♡︎

7 minutes ago, shadesofblue said:

https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/lana-del-rey-talks-country-era-music-business-has-gone-country-1235693085/
idk if this article has been brought up yet, but this billboard article implies lasso is still coming in September. I know they could be totally wrong, but with Elle saying it would be and this I’m having more hope we will have a release hopefully September if not the end of the year.

I want to believe but I think the writers of  these magazines know about as much as we do, there’s multiple instances of magazines giving the wrong release dates (LFL, NFR in March, September for COTCC) but here’s to hoping!!

"Don’t forget me"

Please keep the topic here relating to Lasso, we have a thread to have this discussion 

"Don’t forget me"

i am still manifesting that Lasso will have more than 15 tracks and no covers tho :w8ing:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Finally watching the NME interview and the album is definitely coming. She explains again that it’s more songbook melodic and less self revealing. I think the intention of her previous comment was to signal she doesn’t know where Lasso will fit with all these country albums being released or already released.

i think she might be uncertain where it will fit it the culture, but this uncertainty makes me even more excited for this record.

sorry i know we’ve moved on from this topic

:shake:

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

1 minute ago, Veinsineon said:

10/14 original songs + 1 cover is the magic recipe imho :true:

some of her best albums have 1 cover so I wouldn't be mad if it was a good one :seeit:

giphy.webp

♡︎ ⁺.⊹ ˖  𝓂𝓎 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎 𝓁𝒾𝓋𝑒𝓈 𝒾𝓃 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑒𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝒷𝓁𝓊𝑒 ₊˚. ♡︎

12 minutes ago, whitelungswhitepalms said:

Finally watching the NME interview and the album is definitely coming. She explains again that it’s more songbook melodic and less self revealing. I think the intention of her previous comment was to signal she doesn’t know where Lasso will fit with all these country albums being released or already released.

i think she might be uncertain where it will fit it the culture, but this uncertainty makes me even more excited for this record.

sorry i know we’ve moved on from this topic

:shake:

yeah, that seems to be what she means. there's an album coming, but she's not sure she's really "going country" as mentioned by the reporter.

1 hour ago, shadesofblue said:

Metacritic has a list of upcoming albums and they’re also saying it could come out in September, though it’s in the « not confirmed yet » category 

I think 13 tracks is good. Her longer albums tend to be bloated sorry LFL/BB/Ocean Blvd. I think 12-14 tracks is the perfect length for her. 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

1 minute ago, taco truck said:

I think 13 tracks is good. Her longer albums tend to be bloated sorry LFL/BB/Ocean Blvd. I think 12-14 tracks is the perfect length for her. 

Tbh I don’t completely get this argument, I don’t want 30+ songs like some of my faves, but I’ll never say no to 16 tracks. That just gives me more content to possibly enjoy and if I don’t like a track or two (which happens on every album) I still have plenty of songs to fall back on, COTCC had 11 songs and I don’t love three of them so that leaves me with 8 tracks to enjoy.

IDK I get not wanting an album to be bloated but I’ll also take as many songs as possible just for the variety 

"Don’t forget me"

7 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

Tbh I don’t completely get this argument, I don’t want 30+ songs like some of my faves, but I’ll never say no to 16 tracks. That just gives me more content to possibly enjoy and if I don’t like a track or two (which happens on every album) I still have plenty of songs to fall back on, COTCC had 11 songs and I don’t love three of them so that leaves me with 8 tracks to enjoy.

IDK I get not wanting an album to be bloated but I’ll also take as many songs as possible just for the variety 

I agree. And if someone said it was 16 tracks I would be happy with that too haha. I mean obviously you know I love TTPD which has gotten the “bloated” argument a million times. But my comment was more for the people who are dissapointed it isn’t some 18+ track long mega album lol (which I find funny considering how many people on here accused Taylor of being “greedy” for releasing a double album…. but that’s not the point). I think a shorter album can be an indication of more thought out tracklist and picking the best of the best.

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・