Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

33 minutes ago, Evergreen said:

That was literally 4 months ago, and yesterday she teased the visuals for the supposed lead single from Lasso.

Bullshit. Her streaming numbers are rising again and she's doing better than in April or March, for example.

Lana Del Rey's monthly streams on Spotify in 2024:

January — 742M
February — 729M
March — 675M
April — 700M
May — 707M

Total — 3.55B streams

Lana would never do that because of label pressure. She is Lana Del Rey and they literally let her release Blue Banisters.

And again. Quavo's songs are getting exactly 0 streams on Spotify, but Lana has been saying since 2017 that she wants to work with Migos.

:toofunny:

I know these numbers, I follow her streaming numbers almost every day

at the moment they are relatively constant, but she also had 4 songs in the Top 200 for a short time, now only SS (Stargirl Interlude seems to have missed the boat for good)

and it has slipped from her highest rank of 5 to 21

Quavo doesn't have many daily streams now, but his best four songs have slightly more streams in total than Lana's

https://kworb.net/spotify/artist/0VRj0yCOv2FXJNP47XQnx5_songs.html

https://kworb.net/spotify/artist/00FQb4jTyendYWaN8pK0wa_songs.html

Lasso is still coming! This happens every time, probably why the Ocean Blvd announcement was so last minute and was meant to be a surprise. But this album has been in the works for several years whilst she was making the other records, we've just had Coachella and they did the Lana Del Rey cow girl stickers with lasso's!

It's a tough year, there's a lot of big releases coming. She's signed to a major label that just dropped the Billie Eilish album. They'll have a tonne of releases lined up and I imagine we'll get quite a short release period like Honeymoon or Ocean Blvd so that she can get some hype, sell multiple variants and grab that #1 spot (at least in the UK). I think September is still realistic, even if that means we get a single end of this month or early July.

The last era has everything drop at once, so it's not like we're expecting lots of buzz singles etc. Unless it's a case of how much success she's gained this past year and potentially her team are shuffling dates around to give us more of an era or they're holding back announcing to avoid a delay this time around? But I really don't see why she'd announce an album at an awards show for it to then be shelved. I know she's been chaotic in the past but we know an album exists, she teased Henry, Come On and we've got Tough coming at some point with a music video so things are definitely happening!

One thing I noticed about her last albums, the time difference between NFR And chemtrails is a year and 6 months, the same between blue banisters and tunnel, and the same between tunnel and lasso ( if it comes out in September ), I don’t think it’s a coincidence, so I’m still a September truther :willcut:

36 minutes ago, Rock Candy said:

Maybe she's in the studio with "new Dan Auerbach" right now, changing everything upside down:shrug:

The new Dan Auerbach being jack antonoff again

i think ‘Tough’ is going to be the first single from the album, but in true lana fashion, she’s not going to release anything else until a year later :smile2:

1 hour ago, bored said:

Lasso is still coming! This happens every time, probably why the Ocean Blvd announcement was so last minute and was meant to be a surprise. But this album has been in the works for several years whilst she was making the other records, we've just had Coachella and they did the Lana Del Rey cow girl stickers with lasso's!

It's a tough year, there's a lot of big releases coming. She's signed to a major label that just dropped the Billie Eilish album. They'll have a tonne of releases lined up and I imagine we'll get quite a short release period like Honeymoon or Ocean Blvd so that she can get some hype, sell multiple variants and grab that #1 spot (at least in the UK). I think September is still realistic, even if that means we get a single end of this month or early July.

The last era has everything drop at once, so it's not like we're expecting lots of buzz singles etc. Unless it's a case of how much success she's gained this past year and potentially her team are shuffling dates around to give us more of an era or they're holding back announcing to avoid a delay this time around? But I really don't see why she'd announce an album at an awards show for it to then be shelved. I know she's been chaotic in the past but we know an album exists, she teased Henry, Come On and we've got Tough coming at some point with a music video so things are definitely happening!

2024 is a unique year for sure. I follow a couple of « insider » accounts on Twitter and plans seem to change a lot for many artists. This year is jammed and the strategy seems to be « let’s have a very short pre-release to create some buzz, in the hope of getting a number album in the first week of release », followed by a deluxe edition in the months after. There’s also rumours about Billie releasing a deluxe in September, so maybe this is what is « delaying » the album.. Or she just second-guesses herself. 

She should revamp Raise Me Up (Mississippi South) and drop it as a single with a southern gothic aesthetic… like it goes really well with the photos she posted on instagram the oder day :defeated:

Lanarat.png

17 minutes ago, Fart Deco said:

She should revamp Raise Me Up (Mississippi South) and drop it as a single with a southern gothic aesthetic… like it goes really well with the photos she posted on instagram the oder day :defeated:

Imagine a double single with Pawn Shop Blues and Raise Me Up

5 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

When Lasso was planned, the situation was different. Lana was on her way to the top, maybe even expecting a Grammy win. The streaming numbers are going down again (she even deleted her Spotify profile), she's losing ground every week (despite monthly listeners are still high) and it doesn't look like she'll be able to bring them back up with a country album (Beyoncé's country album wasn't a big hit either). So I guess they've just pulled the ripcord now and want to change direction as soon as possible. Hence the collab with Quavo (hip hop has been very successful on Spotify lately).

This makes a lot of sense. And I for one have always been advocating for the exact same thing. It's great that we got some poetry, singer-songwriter balladry, diaristic family journo-balladry, piano, etc.

But after 3 albums (+ poetry book) without a single bona-fide hit, it's time to bring some pop back into pop artist. Country would do as much for her career as Chemtrails did, which is very little. And seems like Quavo definitely resurged some of those pop vibes.

Maybe Lasso as we know it is R.I.P. But i get the sense that what ever it morphs into will be a lot more exciting.

Colleague at work said her friend met Lana in LA and apparently she said she’s bringing a horse onstage at Leeds… which is very Lasso ima just say

but also this bitch is always lying about doing her work so i wouldn’t be surprised if she made that up..

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

Manifesting this album ends up having a Cinnamon Girl/Tulsa Jesus Freak/Fishtail vibe. I also really want it to also be similar to the songs that were actually recorded for Chemtrails like White Dress, title track, Tulsa Jesus Freak, and Dance Till We Die.