Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

2 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

I really don’t think Tough is a Lasso track tbh, I think it only mentioned a follow up to Tough because it’s the last single she put out. 

The fact that it was written by everyone but lana gives me hope it wont be on the record. Unless its a cover lana doesn’t seem like the type to put other ppls writting on her album 

I'm actually SO worried now she's going to debut a new song at Leeds/Reading and I WON'T BE THERE :trisha:

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide

Loving this sound to be a spring release so I have no problem with March/April

Tough sounds like it fits the bill lyrically on what she mentioned but not sonically. I’m indifferent on if it makes the album or not. It seems more like a standalone single to me, but I’m fine with it if it’s on there. 

Just now, Deactivated said:

I genuinely am very interested in what she means by fun/light lyrics. There are so few songs in her discography that have lyrics like that :air: Would love some stuff like Cola :true:

i think she meant that less dark complex wordy stuff like in Ocean Blvd

2.gif

Just now, Embach said:

i think she meant that less dark complex wordy stuff like in Ocean Blvd

Yeah she focused a lot on fingertips when talking about OB so I think she just means less heavy and personal. 

Just now, The Sun Also Rises said:

I'm actually SO worried now she's going to debut a new song at Leeds/Reading and I WON'T BE THERE :trisha:

When is leeds/reading im a little behind

1 minute ago, DeluluBlvd said:

What even is southern gothic like what instruments? Has she ever done something close to it ?

Listen to house in Nebraska by Ethel cain:omg: it’s giving ultraviolence x nfr

Just now, Lustformoney said:

Listen to house in Nebraska by Ethel cain:omg: it’s giving ultraviolence x nfr

oh that's my favorite from pd :trisha:

2.gif

I’m looking up southern gothic and this is verrryy Ethel Cain coded. I’m curious how Lana will incorporate this aesthetic. Will it be COCC 2.0 or something new and camp. 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

5 minutes ago, Dark Angel said:

honestly, when i think of southern gothic, pin up galore comes to mind, that song has always reminded me of rural, southern landscapes, with deserts, cactuses, and telephone poles, it sounds like a mysterious, late evening with a dark, warm purple sunset, and it has a hint of darkness with her mentioning her desire to die... i love pin up galore <3 i really hope she will put out some songs with a similar, mysterious, slow feel like that

the gothic/folk/surf lizzy grant vibes are what i want the most but what ik we’re not getting unless lasso came out 10+ yrs ago :toofloppy: pin up galore, get drunk, mississippi south, drive by, a star for nick, pawn shop blues, aviation, in wendy,, i could go on tbh. i just want a remastered may jailer tbh