Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

6 minutes ago, darknight said:

guys i haven't been checking on this topic a lot but is there anything new? haven't been very active for a long time on the lasso thing

all we know is the info from her last vogue interview (it still exists, it's still country inspired,

and there are two singles planned for the end of the year)

4 hours ago, Embach said:

What are the chances that Lasso sounds almost like Honeymoon :adele:

Well that’s the one album she called out for not sounding like her other albums so I’m guessing 0-5% :bebe:

2 hours ago, helloheaven said:

i want a lasso mixed drink of 20% tropico, 60% blue banisters, 15% sirens, and 5% ultraviolence 

:runs:

"Don’t forget me"

1 hour ago, World At War said:

all we know is the info from her last vogue interview (it still exists, it's still country inspired,

and there are two singles planned for the end of the year)

omg cute

Lead single this month, next single November, full album by January, would be the same amount of time as ocean blvd’s rollout

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

It kinda blows my mind that September is here. I remember thinking in February that it seemed so far away and yet it's just here now? This year was such a whirlwind for me it feels like so much happened yet nothing happened at the same time. Most years are like that tbh. I wish I could go back and tell my February self that we still know zilch abt Lasso- although I don't think my past self would be that surprised :rip:

2e51cd1e8138f1fc806912eadd82fc13.gif

Like TV in black and white...

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that she changed her tour intro to the Tropico score + visuals and opened with Body Electric in Paris.

This, along with the “Has Anyone Else Died For You?” sign, points to a strong religious motif that evokes the Southern Gothic subgenre.

And I think the song that she debuted at Fenway (“Past, Present, Future”) has a few eerie elements like the descending chord progression, ominous spoken word verse, and banshee-like layered vocals that remind me of the supernatural (hence, it’s the voodoo, Mississippi south).

From a purely aesthetic standpoint, as well, her penchant for black veils this year (Skims campaign, Coachella weekend 2, Rock en Seine) fits in. 

17 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that she changed her tour intro to the Tropico score + visuals and opened with Body Electric in Paris.

This, along with the “Has Anyone Else Died For You?” sign, points to a strong religious motif that evokes the Southern Gothic subgenre.

And I think the song that she debuted at Fenway (“Past, Present, Future”) has a few eerie elements like the descending chord progression, ominous spoken word verse, and banshee-like layered vocals that remind me of the supernatural (hence, it’s the voodoo, Mississippi south).

From a purely aesthetic standpoint, as well, her penchant for black veils this year (Skims campaign, Coachella weekend 2, Rock en Seine) fits in. 

This. I think she’s been working on a country album for a few years now - maybe recording songs while she’s been inspired traveling and singing with Nikki Lane - but it’s taken on a new shape recently and she’s spending time fleshing this out. I’m excited for this album and she can take her time working on it 

Tumblr

1 hour ago, IanadeIrey said:

The past present future song is gonna be an interlude, just wait and see, i can feel it :true:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

6 hours ago, DrippingPeaches said:

hold on what is eat for free 

It’s a song by Haley Bonar which Lana sort of sang with her while on a tour. They were supposed to release a studio version if I’m not wrong but it never came. 

21 minutes ago, Crys10 said:

It’s a song by Haley Bonar which Lana sort of sang with her while on a tour. They were supposed to release a studio version if I’m not wrong but it never came. 

here’s a link to the snippet of the reworked version. it sounded so heavenly. hoping it will see the light of day eventually :flutter:

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A