Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

Sorry but absolutely no to anything religion based again :runs: We have to live with giving money to Judah Smith already, we don’t need to send him more cash bc she does an entire album with interpolations of his ramblings. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

1 hour ago, Deactivated said:

I don’t know why but I don’t want to hear a word about this album on this site anymore:bebe: 

oh!

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

42 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

oh!

It’s just clearly not coming… and I don’t think we are getting anything until November at least and I just know the meltdowns are gonna be insane :air:

975879ca71d01ef914728e1d913db9c8ebe35e197a6779948f76453c1c7c3d67249eb70c2144a45946bb601b85b9a0ea979662afb98515387a76cc16

˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

3 hours ago, Deactivated said:

I don’t know why but I don’t want to hear a word about this album on this site anymore:bebe: 

Me too. Reading 564 pages of basically nothing is starting to piss me off a subconscious level.

Would it have killed her to give us a relase date? Or the single's name. Fucking hell

18 hours ago, kstar said:

I might be in the minority here by COCC is actually a good album in terms of cohesion and theme :true: I would be more than happy for a COCC 2.0 if it means we get new songs 

COTCC has really great songs in it, people forget that we got bops like Tulsa Jesus Freak and Dark But Just A Game. I wouldn't mind if the whole Lasso album sounds like these two songs. :flutter:

2.gif

I really hope we get some eerie visuals with religious imagery tinges to accompany the alleged southern gothic sound but I just can't see Lana doing that after 3-4 (amazing) simple album shoots.

Like I'd love to see her in an abandoned church in a forest (like that IG picture) or in a misty swamp but I doubt she's going full on concept (and we don't even know what's the real sound of the album anyway).

I feel like we're getting something similar to the UV photoshoot, on the simpler side but with some dark and lowkey creepy undertones :true:

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Honeymoonwitch said:

This is becoming the NFR era all over again. What a horrible drought 

At least we had a bunch of snippets to tie us over. And we got Mariner's and VB quite early on, if I remember well.

And we knew the album title for a long, long time. Doin' Time was also floating around...

We knew that it was gonna be surf rock-ish, based on the singles alone.

It was a drought but we were fed.

Pls this is nowhere near as bad as NFR or the Rock Candy Sweet limbo when the hate train was peaking and the 3 songs just getting dropped randomly and no word from her

This is still fine by her standards lol

3 minutes ago, MrFameKills said:

Pls this is nowhere near as bad as NFR or the Rock Candy Sweet limbo when the hate train was peaking and the 3 songs just getting dropped randomly and no word from her

This is still fine by her standards lol

Exactly. The only official teasing has been the snippet and the Past / Present / Future song at Fenway Park… 

there’s always this part in every pre-release that everybody forgets when we’ve had the lead single for a couple of days… and then the waiting game resumes. Ocean Blvd was a bit different since we’ve got the cover / attempted first release date and lead single on the same day (plus infos from Kintsugi :oic2:) but it’s usually something like « lead single… nothing for many weeks… second single + cover + release date… nothing phase 2… snippet of a new song that won’t be a single… »

I just wish an insider would come on here and tell us the date of the first single coz then at least we’ve got something to look forward to with more realistic expectations

Also, once the first single is released, the album era starts and we hear the album’s sound and it’s gonna be such an exciting time!!!!

I think I’ve got my money on this month for a single but I hope it’s real fkin soon 😭😭

2 hours ago, barttttender said:

At least we had a bunch of snippets to tie us over. And we got Mariner's and VB quite early on, if I remember well.

Oh god, having all those snippets for so long was misery, not a benefit. I tortured myself listening to the Cinnamon Girl snippet for like... a year

That was literally one of the worst parts of the NFR rollout for me. It was nothing but a giant prolonged tease-fest. I would've rather known nothing. I hope Lana never does something like that again, though she already did a little bit with Henry

Didn’t she say in Vogue recently that 2 more songs will be out by the end of the year (I doubt it but I’d settle for 1) So that seems to mean she’s not looking at this year for the album now. From her recent comments she didn’t even seem completely sure what the sound would be yet. She keeps saying “I think” and “maybe” in regard to the sound of the album. I’m  sure the songs are probably all written but there seems to be a lot on work still to do on it. We should lower expectations for a 2024 release though

45 minutes ago, rosemead ramada said:

Oh god, having all those snippets for so long was misery, not a benefit. I tortured myself listening to the Cinnamon Girl snippet for like... a year

That was literally one of the worst parts of the NFR rollout for me. It was nothing but a giant prolonged tease-fest. I would've rather known nothing. I hope Lana never does something like that again, though she already did a little bit with Henry

In hindsight, I kinda loved it. It really made me excited for the album. I thought Love song sounded like the most beautiful song she's ever done, and it wasn't even the best song on the record Like, not even top 5.

And then when she finally announced the album name in a random interview, I was on a plane to Japan, and I legit SCREAMED from joy. I thought it was the most LDR-esque name in her entire filmography, and absolutely brilliant (I still do).

I miss moments like these. Now, she doesn't even seem interested in her own record. All these concerts and public appearances, and the most we've got was an "I don't know." and "Two singles by the end of the year." Enthusiasm: 0.

At least with NFR, she was excited about her own god damn record, and we could tell.

18 minutes ago, Manchild said:

Didn’t she say in Vogue recently that 2 more songs will be out by the end of the year (I doubt it but I’d settle for 1) So that seems to mean she’s not looking at this year for the album now. From her recent comments she didn’t even seem completely sure what the sound would be yet. She keeps saying “I think” and “maybe” in regard to the sound of the album. I’m  sure the songs are probably all written but there seems to be a lot on work still to do on it. We should lower expectations for a 2024 release though

I’ve honestly given up on the album before February :true: I do wish that when we get the lead, the album is done and submitted to vinyl plants for a couple of months (that would knock down the pre-release by a couple of months). Knowing it takes at least four - five months to press vinyls, I can’t imagine a pre-release where the lead single precedes the album by half a year :toofunny:

58 minutes ago, ldrzodiac said:

I just wish an insider would come on here and tell us the date of the first single coz then at least we’ve got something to look forward to with more realistic expectations

Also, once the first single is released, the album era starts and we hear the album’s sound and it’s gonna be such an exciting time!!!!

I think I’ve got my money on this month for a single but I hope it’s real fkin soon 😭😭

If it's two singles by the year-end, then it's October and December babes.

That being said, tomorrow it'll be exactly 2 months since Tough dropped. So, maybe this will drop mid September, and the second single will drop mid-November. That would still fit the bill.

If we get any kind of promo/announcement, then bet on Sept. But if there's no promo, aka if we' continue to suffer in this good-for-nothing desert fucking rolling bush zone, then forget about hearing anything till mid/late Oct.

1 hour ago, ldrzodiac said:

I think we have more chances of finding out with @hotshot2am, by going through her website for any updates :true: 

The usual and reliable insiders from passed eras are almost nowhere to be found these days (it really feels like Lana’s team reached out to them to keep quiet 🤐, although I have no proof to back it up)… and the only « is insiders » we got these days really raise a lot of suspicions, so I don’t know :stareney2: