Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

2 hours ago, Bluelake said:

Do you guys think Lasso’s “country” means fun and lighthearted parodies of the genre, with a lot of references to things like rodeos, guns, horses? (Thinking of “Tough”) 

Or will it lean towards a more authentic approach? With themes like family legacy, relationships, faith. So basically Lana’s usual style but of course with country music production.
(Songs like George Jones' "He Stopped Loving Her Today," Miranda Lambert's "The House That Built Me," or Lee Ann Womack's "I Hope You Dance.")

Maybe both? Henry seems to have a heartfelt sentiment but also has the giddyup cowgirl line. “Country” could really mean anything and I’m sure this topic has already been talked to death but I want to know what everyone’s expecting.

Honestly, I think a little bit of both. I remember a while back when she did an interview alongside Rob and he recalled sending in a country song years ago. the music executive saw it as more as a spin-off parody of how country music is perceived by the wider media rather than a serious single. He then talked bad about a song that the music executive worked on aswell as far as im aware which im sure didn’t help either :oic2:

the snippets we’ve gotten from henry have an element of irony to them, especially the last part of Henry come on. ‘Y’all, hat on the wall, cowgirl is gone, giddy-up’ etc etc. I think we will get more songs like this considering it’s her first time fully delving into the country genre (chemtrails erasure not intentional I swear) but also some more heartfelt and slightly less satiric ones in typical Lana fashion. Especially after over ocean Blvd this wouldn’t surprise me, that tracklist had me crying then screaming drop acid so.. :eyeroll3:

𝙘𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙖 𝙙𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙣' 𝙜𝙤𝙩 𝙢𝙮 𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙮 𝙤𝙣 𝙢𝙮 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙..

giphy.gif?cid=790b76119tm0xa5wga61up5ptu

28 minutes ago, misselectrarockwell said:

Honestly, I think a little bit of both. I remember a while back when she did an interview alongside Rob and he recalled sending in a country song years ago. the music executive saw it as more as a spin-off parody of how country music is perceived by the wider media rather than a serious single. He then talked bad about a song that the music executive worked on aswell as far as im aware which im sure didn’t help either :oic2:

the snippets we’ve gotten from henry have an element of irony to them, especially the last part of Henry come on. ‘Y’all, hat on the wall, cowgirl is gone, giddy-up’ etc etc. I think we will get more songs like this considering it’s her first time fully delving into the country genre (chemtrails erasure not intentional I swear) but also some more heartfelt and slightly less satiric ones in typical Lana fashion. Especially after over ocean Blvd this wouldn’t surprise me, that tracklist had me crying then screaming drop acid so.. :eyeroll3:

Wait, what interview?

Just now, trust no terrence said:

Wait, what interview?

GQ magazine im pretty sure! I’ll fact check it.

Yup, here’s the link:

Grant also tried his hand at trying to become a country star, around the time Lana was 11. He went down to Nashville with a song he had written called “Big Bubba.” Lana pulls up a video on her phone of a grainy old home movie where she and her siblings, sister Chuck and brother Charlie, dance along to it as children. 

Trouble was, the country producer was offended because he thought that the track was making a mockery of a typical country song. And he was doubly offended when Grant said something about how bad most country music was in those days, citing a specific song. Turns out the guy he was talking to had produced it. 

Thus was the end of Grant’s musical career—until Lost at Sea

𝙘𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙖 𝙙𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙣' 𝙜𝙤𝙩 𝙢𝙮 𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙮 𝙤𝙣 𝙢𝙮 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙..

giphy.gif?cid=790b76119tm0xa5wga61up5ptu

2 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

We (the delusional ones) though we were getting a whole album in September and we don't even have the lead single :thumb2:

COTCC 2.0 :xcry:

I love blondna but it’s becoming a trend at this point. She’s gonna dye her hair dark brown in October and give us our singles and call it a day 

"Don’t forget me"

Ngl I hope she goes back to something not country after lasso (ie BRING BACK FUCKING RICK NOWELS). I am however seated for lasso and hope it's not a massive flop (ie blue banisters)

Edited by DemonMic2003

7 hours ago, NikoGo said:

Honesty it’s not a Lana era without pushback.

Tropico kept being out “soon”, she said UV would be out in May, Lust For Life was never ‘officially’ delayed but it also had a heavily rumored date until her “July 21st fam” tweet, NFR was ‘top of the year’ and then in March it was “who knows when it’ll be out”, COTCC was September, Rock Candy Sweet was both June and July, and even Tunnel was delayed two weeks. 

The only album of hers to not be given a fake/speculated date is Honeymoon 

hopefully when we get our single(s) this year it comes with some info. It’s gonna be hella annoying to get two singles LMLYLAW style with no further info 

Hearing abt rock candy sweet gave me trauma

32 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

Ngl I hope she goes back to something not country after lasso (ie BRING BACK FUCKING RICK NOWELS). I am however seated for lasso and hope it's not a massive flop (ie blue banisters)

BLUE BANISTERS DESERVES BETTER ITS SO GOOOOD OMG

Do you have a Question for the culture?
NEXT AHS SEASON: AHS "CULTURE" starring Lana del rey

1294313467_download(11).jpeg.76422607260

SOME LEAKS I FOUND
Idk if these r real if they are pls tell me

[videos removed]

Edited by That Venice Bitch
Please do not post things - fake or not - of ‘Lasso’ album leaks

Just now, ultrabanisters said:

ai, live recording, ai

I was going throught the guys yt channel and he posted a snippet of LA who am I to love you like a month before it was ever public, maybe somebody should look into that last video more

2 minutes ago, Juniper said:

I was going throught the guys yt channel and he posted a snippet of LA who am I to love you like a month before it was ever public, maybe somebody should look into that last video more

it sounds nothing like lana :brigitte:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

25 minutes ago, Juniper said:

SOME LEAKS I FOUND
Idk if these r real if they are pls tell me

We also ask that if there are files titled “LASSO LEAK” or whatever to just not post them here cause all it takes is one of them to end up being real and you’ll get banned.

Be careful, thanks!

Edited by That Venice Bitch

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

4 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

it sounds nothing like lana :brigitte:

SORRY IM JUST HUNTING FOR ANYTHING AT THIS POINT. But everytime I watch this interview I lose more and more hope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAPVH31KuzY