Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

3 hours ago, Black to Blue said:

When she releases lassos and cowboy hats as merch :oprah4: 

I would love Lana cowboy boots, I had no interest in them at all up until I saw Lana wearing so many nice ones while touring :gasp:

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide

2020:
- Leap year
- Chiefs vs 49ers
- Trump vs Biden

- Lana Del Rey unexpectedly announces her follow up record to her previous Grammy-nominated album to be released in September that has a country influence & production by Jack Antonoff

2024:
- Leap year
- Chiefs vs 49ers
- Trump vs Biden

- Lana Del Rey unexpectedly announces her follow up record to her previous Grammy-nominated album to be released in September that has a country influence & production by Jack Antonoff

:puzzled:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Why does she insist on doing this to us :rollin:I’m hoping it’s just a side project kinda thing than a proper main album as it’s something she’s been working on for a few years. 

9 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

Country.. is this a joke? she really said fuck my music career :brigitte:

Country is one of the biggest genres in the US and Canada… She really could be adding lots of new fans if they feel the album is « authentic »

28 minutes ago, Wtauf said:

I'm so exited for this ,can't wait for vinyl variants and tracklist. Please If she's going country i need Orville Peck on this:trisha:

yea, Orville Peck collab would be fire

Confession: I don’t know what happened in the last week, but Breaking Up Slowly has finally clicked with me :bebe:  The melody, the lyrics, the production: it reminds me of how a big storm feels like, before it breaks… and yet it never does… 

(Please, mods, don’t ban me!!!)

1 minute ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Country is one of the biggest genres in the US and Canada… She really could be adding lots of new fans if they feel the album is « authentic »

Yeah i think i'll be sitting this one out :bye:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Lasso is a wonderful LDR album title. The visual can looks beautiful with original Rock Candy Sweet font.
I hope Lana's signature will stay strong, like what she did with COCC (folk-inspired but VERY LDR), because I'm a little afraid of country music. I love and listen to country music artists but I can really be hermetic to some of them.

It might be the opportunity to hear studio versions of I Must Be Stupid For Being So Happy & Hey Blue Baby.

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

48 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

Lasso sounds so unimaginative and plain compared to her previous album titles, I don't know, I'm lowkey hoping it'll be changed to something else :bebe:

nah. It's a great title. and i bet you the way she uses it in the lyrics (lead single) is gonna be crazy imaginative.

3 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Just like how she added a ton with Chemtrails. And her cover of Take Me Home, Country Roads is currently sitting pretty at #1 on US Spotify. 

Oh wait.

3 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Confession: I don’t know what happened in the last week, but Breaking Up Slowly has finally clicked with me :bebe:  The melody, the lyrics, the production: it reminds me of how a big storm feels like, before it breaks… and yet it never does… 

(Please, mods, don’t ban me!!!)

This is one of her best tracks <3

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg