Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

3 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

yeah, music videos are definitely declining and it shows, but maybe lana is just doing it for her own personal realization idk, i feel that she liked acting on the candy necklaces mv :adele: maybe she should take a bigger step and start acting on real movies :thankyou:

I've always felt that Candy Necklace should've been a short movie like Tropico

url%5D

44 minutes ago, Embach said:

Will Lasso have a title track? It's literally a 50/50 chance :hillary:

I’m 99.9% sure we’ll have a title track 

she’s never not had a title track, even if it’s like NFR where she doesn’t say the name 

"Don’t forget me"

im just hoping we get some guitar-based songs, lana sounds so amazing over a guitar :trisha:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

6 hours ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

Omg how could u say this….. this song was so legendaric to me as a kid and it’s STILL beautiful. I remember watching the music video and being in awe. I think it’s a bit too mainstream/polished for Lana but it’s beautiful :oprah:

its ear-grating. i hear it at work all the time and i wanna disassemble the PA system :lolno2:

also, i know that a nadia lee cohen album cover would slay, but i think neil krug's style would encapsulate this western country vibe the best :true:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

5 minutes ago, Pink Flamingo said:

WHAT INFO?:puzzled:

They're kinda reliable

On 2/6/2024 at 10:26 PM, DCooper said:

VtrMEfH.png

On 2/6/2024 at 9:16 PM, Americen Whore said:

So this might be true :oprah4: a win 

345-D7-CF5-C424-4-BEF-87-D5-CCFBD2-E578-

url%5D

What I really want is to hear Lana play with her accent, like she did in the early stage(s) of her career. Like, how she had a New York accent for songs like You can be the boss, or a southern accent for some of her other songs. I think that could be cool if she's going country!

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

6 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

What I really want is to hear Lana play with her accent, like she did in the early stage(s) of her career. Like, how she had a New York accent for songs like You can be the boss, or a southern accent for some of her other songs. I think that could be cool if she's going country!

i’d be very interested to hear what accent she has for what songs tbh… i couldn’t imagine there were different accents

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

2 hours ago, Jeanne Dielman said:

A Western-themed project sounds like something much bigger than a MV. It could be a series of MVs for 2-3 songs, or even a short film. It could be anything really! I mean, she did tell us that "things are about to get crazy for a long time". :lange:

Anyway, I hope that the visuals/covers will be inspired by Joan Crawford in Nicholas Ray's Johnny Guitar. Now, that's my definition of cuntry. :oprah:

EUHrxRTXkAAl5vw?format=jpg&name=small

FLAgMkeXMAIGnFs?format=jpg&name=medium

EC745DNXsAEF7vQ?format=jpg&name=medium

D00rVF-WsAEUzIJ.jpg

Wait imagine her styled & posed in the bottom photo for the album cover… just like how she’s posing on the front of BTD/P

it would be such a cool callback 

Manifesting 0 interludes, interludes are fillers, they take some other (possibly amazing) songs' place away. Burnt Norton is amazing as an interlude but I really hope there aren't any interludes in Lasso. If she wants to include something, then maybe in a music video...

url%5D

5 minutes ago, Embach said:

Manifesting 0 interludes, interludes are fillers, they take some other (possibly amazing) songs' place away. Burnt Norton is amazing as an interlude but I really hope there aren't any interludes in Lasso. If she wants to include something, then maybe in a music video...

john batiste interlude is my exception, i usually don't like interludes because they're often just filler or could just be fully-fleshed out songs... but john batiste interlude stands on it's own :true: 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123