08. Sequoia — 6:17
09. 1985 — 3:34
10. Candle In The Wind — 1:59
11. Rock Candy Sweet — 3:22
12. Television Static — 4:37
13. Dog Tag — 4:58
14. Graceland (feat. Shania Twain) — 4:26

Total runtime — 56:38

we've reached the part of rhe pre-release when mock-up tracklists come in i see :true:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

2 hours ago, Pink Flamingo said:

I don't think it's the fact that she's talking about her family that gives Ocean Blvd its depth, but the way she does it. the way the album is written.  Both are very well written albums, of course.

Spoiler

NFR’s writing is more succinct and melodic. OB is like the person who uses big words for the sake of flexing their intellectual muscle. Both are excellent, but they are very much equal in what they achieve to do imo 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

I know she's kinda in a better place now but I keep thinking of the lasso as a noose, some double meaning there. Like there are so many things a rope can do, pull something/someone in or take you out depending on your desire. I could see her getting into the metaphor of it. Although I can't imagine this album being so dark. Probably just shows where my headspace is at rn 😐

17 minutes ago, honey dew said:

I know she's kinda in a better place now but I keep thinking of the lasso as a noose, some double meaning there. Like there are so many things a rope can do, pull something/someone in or take you out depending on your desire. I could see her getting into the metaphor of it. Although I can't imagine this album being so dark. Probably just shows where my headspace is at rn 😐

I just notice that in Ocean Blvd, in Kintsugi, she talked about how her uncle "hung himself" 

and this album is called ..."Lasso"...

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

6 hours ago, Stoned Mary in the Garden said:

158 pages deep and we’ve just been yapping about nothing in particular 

This but make it every pre-leak thread :wink:

maybe we should put the country or original versions of Ride and Video Games on the potential track list, because she mentioned these songs in an older interview with Mojo

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/news/lana-del-rey-country-album/

“I went back and listened to ‘Ride’ and ‘Video Games’ and thought, you know they’re kind of country,” she said. “Maybe the way ‘Video Games’ got remastered, they’re pop – but there’s something Americana about it for sure.”

On 2/25/2024 at 9:38 PM, Pink Flamingo said:

Would you like FINNEAS to work with Lana? 

Oh, hell yeah

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

One thing I expect from this album is that there will be no mention of specific names or specific people... That aspect was one of the things I found hardest to process about Ocean Blvd (fingertips or even in chemtrails album) except when it makes a music reference, that was iconic (Harry Nilsson has a song...:lange:)

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

9 minutes ago, Pink Flamingo said:

One thing I expect from this album is that there will be no mention of specific names or specific people... That aspect was one of the things I found hardest to process about Ocean Blvd (fingertips or even in chemtrails album) except when it makes a music reference, that was iconic (Harry Nilsson has a song...:lange:)

yeah, me too.. i think this in terms of various music/literature references can be done amazingly well, like in body electric or ocean blvd as you said. but the name dropping on chemtrails (even tho i love the album) and blue banisters just doesn't click with me :aubrey:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

8 hours ago, honey dew said:

I’ve been thinking about this, since it’s a simple title it might hold a deeper significance. My initial thought is it might suggest her yearning someone or something departing to stay in a more playful way. But I hadn't really considered that other part, maybe it’s how she feels about that someone/something leaving her. I couple be completely wrong but it was just a thought, hope she’s okay :ohno:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

2 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

maybe we should put the country or original versions of Ride and Video Games on the potential track list, because she mentioned these songs in an older interview with Mojo

Imagine how iconic it would be if we got a Taco Truck x VB moment with Video Games on Lasso. :spin:

2 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

I wonder what other songs we haven't even heard from that era have potential too. especially when she was working with barrie, i imagine that there's songs heavy on the americana we haven't heard that she could rework too

giphy.gif

14 minutes ago, twinkletoes7 said:

I wonder what other songs we haven't even heard from that era have potential too. especially when she was working with barrie, i imagine that there's songs heavy on the americana we haven't heard that she could rework too

I also have to think about if she goes back to her roots, what if lasso is a transition for a re-release of aka? I mean it's not impossible.

4 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

I also have to think about if she goes back to her roots, what if lasso is a transition for a re-release of aka? I mean it's not impossible.

now lets talk about THIIISS. i don't think its off the cards either! I can picture her re-releasing aka along with another release, maybe not with lasso but something like a deluxe version of lasso? id love if we got a deluxe edition on that note, wonder why she doesn't do that. anyone know?

giphy.gif