Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

4 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Good news is that it should be out this fall, which gives it a bit of time after Cowboy Carter to be its own thing without constant comparison. 

I honestly don’t want it to be Lasso-related yet. Like give us a cute « festival single » not country, please, miss Lana ! It’d be too soon for her album (too long before the actual release and too close to Beyoncé’s)

i really don’t care about the beyonce comparisons or the fact that lasso is going to be released close to beyonce’s album. if lana wanted lasso to shine on its own, we would have to wait another year, and even in 2025, big artists are expected to release albums. country is like the biggest genre this year so she’s inevitably going to be compared to other country artists, not just beyonce. it’s unfortunate lana’s albums won’t really have a chance to shine on its own, but they have the potential to be a hit and one of the biggest albums released in the year

That flop site didn’t even update the music page to put Country Roads in the ‘new music’ section, I highly doubt it means anything. 

YES, when her official lanadelrey.com site closes that’s suspicious, but they probably didn’t pay the bill or something and that’s why this is password locked 

pls prove me wrong lana

"Don’t forget me"

1 hour ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Like give us a cute « festival single » not country, please, miss Lana ! 

Tbh idk how unpopular it is but I hate standalone singles that doesn't have nothing to do with an album (or a movie or other release). I assume that SYTH might be in the unreleased album, so I can accept that as a single but I hate when some singles are alone. Like they mess the rollout even more imo.

url%5D

3 minutes ago, Embach said:

Tbh idk how unpopular it is but I hate standalone singles that doesn't have nothing to do with an album (or a movie or other release). I assume that SYTH might be in the unreleased album, so I can accept that as a single but I hate when some singles are alone. Like they mess the rollout even more imo.

Oh see I love little droplets. It keeps the fans fed and doesn’t put pressure on her to follow up with anything big big! The droplets keep it interesting in between album cycles. Plus SYTH was high requested so that’s one less song fans have to ask for :thumb2:and I love country roads so I’d rather get it in droplet from than not get it at all. 

I do think a festival song would be cute but I think if shes gonna release anything it’ll be the first Lasso single, it’s almost 5 months from the album and that’s usually when she releases the first song (LMYLAW October- COTCC March) (BB/WW/TB May - BB October) idk it feels like first single time is approaching 

"Don’t forget me"

4 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

Oh see I love little droplets. It keeps the fans fed and doesn’t put pressure on her to follow up with anything big big! The droplets keep it interesting in between album cycles. Plus SYTH was high requested so that’s one less song fans have to ask for :thumb2:and I love country roads so I’d rather get it in droplet from than not get it at all. 

I do think a festival song would be cute but I think if shes gonna release anything it’ll be the first Lasso single, it’s almost 5 months from the album and that’s usually when she releases the first song (LMYLAW October- COTCC March) (BB/WW/TB May - BB October) idk it feels like first single time is approaching 

Saying this again, but she really should release a very small collection of leaked stuff (5-7 songs) with little to no fanfare, just like she did with SYTH, and let them do their own thing with streaming. 

then Lasso songs this summer 

I had a dream I was buying Lasso... :trisha: 

The cover was black and white again, but the background was purely white (or very light gray) she looked stunning and the font was red :trisha:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

i think heading into april/may we will be given the first single off of Lasso. 

I actually kinda hope it’s Henry, Come On, i loved the snippet.

BUT considering she’s got a magazine cover coming out in may too must mean something very soon :toofloppy: ( or soon as in 10 years x:rollin:)

15 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Saying this again, but she really should release a very small collection of leaked stuff (5-7 songs) with little to no fanfare, just like she did with SYTH, and let them do their own thing with streaming. 

This, just as long as Hollywood (with the right production) or angels forever are one of them

me snooping on the website with my delulu hat on to find absolutely nothing 

there’s no reason to password protect the site to do anything other than build hype maybe they’re closing it until september lol 

giphy.gif

28 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

I had a dream I was buying Lasso... :trisha: 

The cover was black and white again, but the background was purely white (or very light gray) she looked stunning and the font was red :trisha:

chemtrails flashbacks

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

Good morning, “SparkleJumpRopeQueen” was a 6 month sociological study conducted by Harvard University. We are now complete with our study. Thank you for your time.

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

54 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

Mmm, depends. I obviously loved Country Roads but it didn't really have major impact and I also think that it is for a future project. 

The thing with droplets is that they just "cause a mess in the rollout". If a song that impactful is a standalone single and not released in an album, can make fans mad. Especially if it it's digitally released it can annoy fans that it's not on a vinyl or something. And if it is in an album, it might interrupt its inital flow. It just interrupts the era's flow as well, when one song not on the album is promoted along with the album. But obviously it's not that serious, it is only my own opinion!

Has Lana ever released a stand-alone song that was meant for tour? Say Yes To Heaven was released because of TikTok, she didn't sing that on tour, Doin' Time was part of a soundtrack for Sublime's documentary (I also feel that since it was impactful on radio, label wanted her to release that on NFR as well) and Dark Paradise was released as a single in Central Europe days before Paradise Tour started.

Lasso lead single being released in Summer can be more likely imo. And I think there will be impactful upbeat fan favorite tracks. Who ever said that country can't be no bop and fun?

1 hour ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

5-7 songs? I don't think that it will satisfy fans enough though :thumb2: I think if she releases an album with ~25 unreleased songs, it would be massive as hell. Especially if it's promoted.

url%5D

If Lana was a standard artist we'll for sure get the first single around Coachella since it's an amazing promo opportunity and it would fit the timeline of getting a first taste of the album 1-2 months before the actual announcement/preorder.

But it's Lana so I have actually no idea about what her plans are for this era :hide:

giphy.gif