Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

I didn’t realize Beyoncé’s album was coming out so soon! March was so fast,  kinda excited to hear hers. I don’t think their albums will be similar though, they’re such different artists I have a feeling Lana will make it her own. I know Lasso will be amazing though :true:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

4 hours ago, shadesofblue said:

I didn’t realize Beyoncé’s album was coming out so soon! March was so fast,  kinda excited to hear hers. I don’t think their albums will be similar though, they’re such different artists I have a feeling Lana will make it her own. I know Lasso will be amazing though :true:

ok just listened to Cowboy Carter in full and... it's an f-ing masterpiece. Over an hour of astounding 21st century world-beating music production. It's all about the music. Mind-blowing music. A huge feat imo

Great duet with miley to boot. A duet done right (take a hint, taylor!). The song bodyguard is mega catchy and bound to be a single. The opening tracks slap. The jolene cover slaps. 

there's aven an interpolation of these boots are made for walking, which works as well as any interpolation on part 1.

it sags a bit towards the end and a few tracks or interludes probably coulda been cut, but even the slog is so god-damn good. Yeehaw

Ok we know how it's going to go: Beyoncé will once again siphon all the profits (with critics and sales), because she has the whole industry behind her, and Lana, although she probably has the better album, will lag behind everywhere

23 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

Ok we know how it's going to go: Beyoncé will once again siphon all the profits (with critics and sales), because she has the whole industry behind her, and Lana, although she probably has the better album, will lag behind everywhere

honestly, 2 tracks into Cowboy Carter and the record is already more grammy worthy than midnights. Beyonce will sweep aoty imo. 

1 hour ago, bluechemtrails said:

they won compete, lana 2026 beyonce 2025

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

Just now, LifeOnMars said:

The Beyoncé and Lana comparisons aren’t even that fair. Beyoncé is working with some of the best producers/songwriters in the industry and Lana just has Jack Antonoff. 

you cant rly make this argument when jack has just won producer of the year at the grammys and has produced folklore and nfr, which are both praised for their insanely good productions

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

why are we concerned about another artist's album and what it could hypothetically mean for the grammy's or whatever :pout: 

she has over 50 million listeners on spotify, and is arguably more famous than ever before in her career... she'll be fine

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

3 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

you cant rly make this argument when jack has just won producer of the year at the grammys and has produced folklore and nfr, which are both praised for their insanely good productions

I didn’t mean that he is a bad producer. Just that Lana limits herself a lot by having the same main producer on now the 4th album. Aaron Dessner produced the majority of folklore not Jack, and it’s one of Taylor’s best received albums while midnights isn’t that well liked despite winning AOTY.  Solar Power was panned and now Lorde is working with new people. It looks like St. Vincent ditched Jack for her newest album as well and her new songs are very good.